• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'm asking for your opinion

Westbay

Reaction score
Hello! I hope your day is great so far.

We are about to open a custom 8.6-server, and I'll ask for some opinions that may change the way we go. I went to otservlist.org and searched for 8.6-servers, to play some other servers and get inspiration about what I like and don't like. When I did this, I found out that many servers are using their own client. So, that's my first question. Do you prefer a custom client?

More questions:

• What is your experience about a custom map? We've mapped almost everything from scratch, but has copied in some places from the RL map which people will be familiar with.
  • Do you prefer walking and exploring, or the "fast track" with teleports to quests and spawns?
  • Is 8.6 still a good game version? Should we consider an upgrade to a newer version? (I'm afraid to ask this question, if we should upgrade there is a lot of work to do...)
Thanks in advance for your reply! You will help out in developing this OT. We have put a great deal of work in to this, with a custom map, a lot of scripting with custom and fun quests, and even a fully custom-made website made from scratch.

I prefer custom maps to explore, most of us have explored rl map 1000 times so its kinda boring to me.
I wont play servers with teleports but some people like that I guess. I prefer version 8.0 over 8.6 just because I like the old school formulas but I like the ability to use runes on hotkey etc so its not as tedious.
I dont like newer tibia much, I like old school much better. I would give it a try, alot of people say 8.6 is the most commonly botted on but not sure about that.
I like low exp rates and cool custom systems like rolling item attributes on drop, or some type of item upgrading system. When I see a server that has people like level 1000 I don't like that. To me, in tibia you were never meant to reach levels like that, especially old tibia.
Its cool if you can take a newer version and downgrade it to 8.6 but still have like newer items and monsters, I think it helps the lack of items and stuff old school offered.
Thats just a few things that I like =]

I prefer 8.60 cip client bcus OTC sometimes feels weird its like im not playing tibia at some point
I dislike rpg maps which are bigger than the rl map itself and moving around with speed -10
I prefer tp server aka evo ots

Thanks for the replies so far @Levi999x and @Wazzup88. I agree with you about servers where everyone's level 1000+. In my own case, I'm playing OT because I think RL Tibia is destroyed since many years back, and because I would like to relive the OG Tibia days when it was a challenge playing the game.

I'm glad to hear that you like custom maps aswell. We have made a kinda "compact" map where you can walk and explore, but it's not as big as the RL map. When exploring, you will find new spawns and quests everywhere 😊.

However, even if all spawns are accessible by walking, there are tp’s as well. I hope everyone will find their way to play, regardless if you like walking and exploring, or just jumping tp’s.

Back