• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Featured servers

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
Hello,
I suggest to add a new benefit for Premium Users which is adding servers to "Featured Servers" page.

how does it work?
A new page on otland that can be found here:
qz3e61.png

Premium users can add their own server to the list, a moderator should check first if he's the owner of server then confirm it.
when someone clicks on Featured Servers, he'll find a list of servers saying information like ip, client, server owner and description etc.
System will check if server is offline or not, if its offline for more than 3 days then it will be removed from the list(if they're not removed then it will be very messy).
This will let many people from otland join those servers, also it will let many people buy premium just for this feature.

How active do you see Korn or Tala?

I don't know anything about kornholijo, but talaturen is updating shadowcores everyday, it means he's active, I think otland is more important than shadowcores for him(over 5 years old), why wouldn't he update it?

If you can do it, why don't you help this community and do it for FREE? You shouldn't always ask for money, znote created a whole AAC and released it for free so did gesior and that was even harder than the "featured servers" thingy, Support team are helping tons of people everyday for FREE, why don't u do something for free?
I'm not asking for money here. A lot of other stuff already consumes all the time I can spend here. It includes coordinating Support Team so that you can have them helping you and the whole thing works, bringing "wiki"-like feature to work and possibly something else that is not disclosed yet. As Prest correctly pointed out, it does not leave me enough time.

So don is talking for talaturen and kornholijo by saying "we"?
Cool.
Basically yes. I talk to them sometimes and I know how busy they are and with what. Otland may be our hobby, but it's not our life and you have to do something else for living.

I don't know anything about kornholijo, but talaturen is updating shadowcores everyday, it means he's active, I think otland is more important than shadowcores for him(over 5 years old), why wouldn't he update it?
In this case, we are all active because we live and do something. Otland is very important, but instead of pushing random things to life here he has full right update ShadowCores. I think it's much more important than a questionable feature on Otland. Have you seen any other successful real map server for 9.7?

Have you seen any other successful real map server for 9.7?

Shadowcores is the best real map so far, otland is the best open tibia community therefore both should be updated, if shadowcores wasn't updated players will leave, if otland wasn't updated members will leave..

Shadowcores is the best real map so far, otland is the best open tibia community therefore both should be updated, if shadowcores wasn't updated players will leave, if otland wasn't updated members will leave..
Will you leave if we don't introduce this specific feature?

I think premium users have enough advantages at the time. Why do you want more?

Next great idea: Make OtLand premium-only

I agree we should have this, it's a cool feature and all, but if nobody can code at this moment it will have to be put on hold and be added in the future whenever they have time/ find someone that can do it.

I just want you to be a bit realistic. It will not happen, no matter how many people vote for it, if there is noone to make it. And then it's not because we don't want it just to make you mad, but simply we don't have the time to code it and this one is a pretty solid plugin to be coded.

You can always suggest things because there might be someone who would like to code it, but there have been also many suggestions that did not require huge amount of work and these we implement readily.

Quite funny to come with an idea like this and make it discussionable, but when the question comes "who will script that" and replies comes everything is replied with something simular as "nobody will script that". Why even make a thread for this than if you know nobody will create it?
Furthermore, I like the idea and will mayby stimulate creating OTs, but not for premium users only. "Yes, we are improving help for the community, but only for the ones who pay". I think this page shouldn't be to open a list with servers on development, but with common/scripts in need.

The idea is solid, but the idea that the featured servers will be better than regular advertised servers is wrong. There are a lot of Premium Subscribers whose servers are just as bad as the next member. If you look at the advertisement board, a lot of donors run real map servers.
So just because they're premium subscribers doesn't make their server better. You'd be surprised by how many kids have money nowadays.

This could be a good implement; it could also be a bad one.

The simplest reason is otland.net is not a list ots. There is a special board where you can put your advertisment, even discussion board for talking about it.
On the other hand, if it will be added, who is going to add server there? donators? I don't agree, donator should not have that special privilege.

Everyone should be able to post their server there. Or someone should moderate it, if the moderator thinks the server looks acceptable and good it will be accepted.

Made an idea of how it might look like:
(Took some of the servers in advertisement as examples)

TthoQ.png

Active links:
]0-mfS.png

If it's going to look like this, it's better off to just make an otlist out of it, and letting regular users use it. But that suggestion has been turned down for the time being.

Don said:
It's interesting that this suggestion came out so late. This idea is on our roadmap, but don't expect it anytime soon. We just don't have the time to make it now.
I just want to let you know that your voice was heard and we know about the problem. Each of you can always try to make his own serverlist in the meantime, although I'd just suggest using Advertisement board for now.

So why would this suggestion get any attention, at all? It's basically the same thing but for premium users only.

The simplest reason is otland.net is not a list ots. There is a special board where you can put your advertisment, even discussion board for talking about it.
On the other hand, if it will be added, who is going to add server there? donators? I don't agree, donator should not have that special privilege.
Still, otland is related to open tibia servers, wouldn't be a problem to add a small list of servers, shouldn't have 900 servers like otservlist, only FEW.
Let me tell you something, you know about github don't you? When that version of revscrypt or whatever its called becomes better than tfs, people will use that version and won't use tfs because its more stable than tfs, also you know that around 75% of premium users are buying the premium subscription just for private subversion and its great 0.4 tfs, what would happen when 75% are no longer interested in private subversion? Low amount of premium users on otland, that's why I suggested the "featured servers" thingy.
PS: if I'm wrong about what I just wrote, correct me.

Still, otland is related to open tibia servers, wouldn't be a problem to add a small list of servers, shouldn't have 900 servers like otservlist, only FEW.
Let me tell you something, you know about github don't you? When that version of revscrypt or whatever its called becomes better than tfs, people will use that version and won't use tfs because its more stable than tfs, also you know that around 75% of premium users are buying the premium subscription just for private subversion and its great 0.4 tfs, what would happen when 75% are no longer interested in private subversion? Low amount of premium users on otland, that's why I suggested the "featured servers" thingy.
PS: if I'm wrong about what I just wrote, correct me.

>when it gets better

How are you so certain it will?

If you're so interested why don't you do it?

Between it's just easier to search in otland or ir advertisment forum in here.

Back