• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Few questions regarding 12+ clients

Unknown Soldier

Mapping a map
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some question regarding newer client versions after 10.98.
Currently I'm working on a server for 10.98. Recently TFS started aiming for newer protocols 12+, it will most likely take some time to implement all that goodies from newer versions, but it will also take me some time to create enough content to be worth going online, so maybe it will be worth to upgrade in some time.

My first question - is it even possible to migrate from 10.98 with custom sprites in tibia.spr to the 12+ versions which don't use spr files anymore?
Is there any tool to extract tibia.spr and create those assets?
Also, are there any tools to edit items and sprites?

Thanks in advance

No there are no tools, there is no tool that would convert assets to spr and vice versa. There is way less tools for tibia 12 than tibia 10, so you should choose tibia 10 if you gonna do custom stuff and if you use otclient then whats the point of using 12.x?
You dont get any features of that protocol, nothing.

No there are no tools, there is no tool that would convert assets to spr and vice versa. There is way less tools for tibia 12 than tibia 10, so you should choose tibia 10 if you gonna do custom stuff and if you use otclient then whats the point of using 12.x?
You dont get any features of that protocol, nothing.
Thanks for more details.

10.98 is totally fine for me, but as time passes it is natural to think about upgrades. The lack of tools for 12+ is very good reason to stay with 10.98 for me. There are things that I like more about 12+, and also things that I like more in OTC/10.98. Would be happy with either of them anyway.

One more question regarding the topic. Is it technically possible and realistic to create the tool that exports .spr to assets, so that it would be possible to convert custom server to newer client somewhere in the future? Tibia will get sound this year, so maybe it will be pretty good reason to upgrade in few years from now 😁

Back