• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Few questions regarding my first ever project.

You like it or nah?

• Total voters

Fenyks

Reaction score
Hey (I know I'm new on the site, don't discriminate xD),

I've been playing Tibia for many years now and have played every server that was ever out there. Recently I thought that there hasn't been anything new, unique, exciting released but just the old typical global maps/evo servers. So, I thought that why not create something of my own? As a player that's been to many servers and has heard a lot of opinions I think I have what it takes to create something very unique.

I am a very decent mapper, I know some stuff about lua etc. but I am not entirely sure of how to get something up and running. I have tried to find some already existing engines but I couldn't find what I want.

What I was thinking of creating is a low exp rate 10.99 (or something around there) evolution server. Ok, I know...another evolution server. But is there really a good and stable evo server out there? Most evo servers die within a few weeks/months and just start a new edition with a few updates just to gain another load of money. I'm not about this, if the server income pays the server bills then it's going the right way. I was thinking of creating something that would have a stable player base. As I've already said most evo servers die within a quite short amount of time. Mostly because of lack of content. Many just consist of leveling up/rebirthing, donating for the best gear and pvp. I want more than just that, as a player I know what the community would enjoy.

Why 10.99? Personally I think people actually do enjoy the new looks in that tibia version but like I've already said it's just the lack of content that people enjoy. Also, mounts, new items, new potions/runes etc. An evolution server on that tibia version is like a dream come true in my opinion.

I guess that's all I'll share with you guys today. I was going to go into a bit more detail but I'll be happy to share that with people privately if they want to.

My main question is, is there anyone that would fancy helping me out with this idea. Or, provide me with information/links etc. on where/how I could get hold of a 10.99 engine or something of that sort.

Thanks.

There are unique and new servers, pretending to be long term, really good ones, they die from player inactivity. You gonna try to adventure yourself in the low experience thing, something not popular, trying to do new stuff, without experience yourself, seems the recipe for failure. Go to the jobs section, search people looking for team members in a project that you like and try to join it.

Just do something you believe in and find fun enough to keep doing, your first server will most likely not be a great success beyond imagination but rather you will get a great deal of experience and then move on from that step by step.
rome wasn't built in a day.

Back