• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fire field blocking doors

dewral

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys i'm having a little problem with fire fields, when monster put fire fire field somewhere under doors it blocks them and they cannot be closed/opened.
Like client draws first fire fields.
Is this supposed to be like that?
Tfs 1.5 772 nekiro downgrade
Otcv8

Ompm7hD.png

Solution
That's how it should work on 8.x+ clients.
  • When a field is on the door you've to use destroy field first to close the door or wait for it to decay
and it works the same on 7.x clients as much as I remember the only way to close a door with a field on it is to shoot the field and close the door exactly at the same moment.
Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
When a field is on the door you've to use destroy field first to close the door or wait for it to decay
It's just like an item, When an item is on the door then you'll have to take/move the item first to close the door.
or do I understand it wrong? and you've already removed the field?

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
When a field is on the door you've to use destroy field first to close the door or wait for it to decay
It's just like an item, When an item is on the door then you'll have to take/move the item first to close the door.
or do I understand it wrong? and you've already removed the field?
Yes you have to wait to close it. I honestly don't know how this should work that's why im asking :D
The main problem was that fire field was staying on gate of expertise before but i repaired it like this on closingdoors.lua

Lua:
    local field = tile and tile:getItemByType(ITEM_TYPE_MAGICFIELD)

if field and isInArray(FIELDS, field:getId()) then
        field:remove()
        position:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_POFF)
        return true
    end
    return true
end

Last edited:
That's how it should work on 8.x+ clients.
  • When a field is on the door you've to use destroy field first to close the door or wait for it to decay
and it works the same on 7.x clients as much as I remember the only way to close a door with a field on it is to shoot the field and close the door exactly at the same moment.

Solution
Back