• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ fishing skills bug

Fortera Global

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm using old tfs 1.2 and I have one problem: I take skill fishing 30 or above, then I logout and login, the skill back to 10.

I dont know where I can see the function to save skills, someone can Help me?
sourcers tfs 1.2
I found something about skills and compared with the others, the fishing skill is like the others.. so.. :eek:

EDITED:

in my sql we have this strange register when we clicked on tab players:

A mostrar registos de 0 - 0 (1 total, O Query demorou 0.0006 sec) [skill_fishing_tries: 0 - 0]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any skill save? Or is it just the fishing?
Try to save the server /save and see if it updates the database before you login.

Does any skill save? Or is it just the fishing?
Try to save the server /save and see if it updates the database before you login.

Only the fishing back to 10 (begin).
If we got 16 (per example) and logout/login dont back to 10, but if the skill is above 30 he back to 10.
The skill update in database when we up some skill.
wired

Only the fishing back to 10 (begin).
If we got 16 (per example) and logout/login dont back to 10, but if the skill is above 30 he back to 10.
The skill update in database when we up some skill.
wired

Can you try advance to 30, save the server and logout, check if the database is updated.
If it is, login and see if it changes.

Do you have any weird onLogin / onLogout scripts?
Have you tested 1.1 / 1.3?

Can you try advance to 30, save the server and logout, check if the database is updated.
If it is, login and see if it changes.

Do you have any weird onLogin / onLogout scripts?
Have you tested 1.1 / 1.3?

Its save (tested)
I removed all creaturescripts (and back to 10 too), this on sourcers
I can't update to 1.3 cuz have many important systems, do you know where is the function to save/update skills ? :eek:

Its save (tested)
I removed all creaturescripts (and back to 10 too), this on sourcers
I can't update to 1.3 cuz have many important systems, do you know where is the function to save/update skills ? :eek:

Well there is no function for saving it.
What is does is when you ex logout it saves everything from the player object into the database.
Might be missing something but thats what I could find on the latest 1.3 source code.

You can try a "clean" datapack with both versions in that case, that way we can see if the problem has already been fixed or if it's still there in the main repo.

Well there is no function for saving it.
What is does is when you ex logout it saves everything from the player object into the database.
Might be missing something but thats what I could find on the latest 1.3 source code.

You can try a "clean" datapack with both versions in that case, that way we can see if the problem has already been fixed or if it's still there in the main repo.

The function that saves is onAdvance (I think) the skill is saved normaL, the problem is that it returns to 10 when it logs in again, it should be something in the iologindata.cpp (what do you think?). I tested here compiling the src of main repository and got errors:
2OHwlRu3T3KLiAJdEF447Q.png

It would be best for me to know the skill-related function

The function that saves is onAdvance (I think) the skill is saved normaL, the problem is that it returns to 10 when it logs in again, it should be something in the iologindata.cpp (what do you think?). I tested here compiling the src of main repository and got errors:
2OHwlRu3T3KLiAJdEF447Q.png

It would be best for me to know the skill-related function

You are missing the pugi libs.
Try this one; https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjo...facts/vc14/x64/Release/theforgottenserver.exe
Thats the latest compiled version.

Thanks, but anyway, if the last tfs does not have this problem, how am I going to solve the mine? We need to find out the error that returns skill 10 and it is not creaturescripts: S

If it dosn't have that bug update to 1.3, it's stable enough to run as of right now.
It's gonna be released pretty soon.

Thanks, but anyway, if the last tfs does not have this problem, how am I going to solve the mine? We need to find out the error that returns skill 10 and it is not creaturescripts: S
Why are you using some old TFS?
Just switch to the newest version, whats the problem. If you used TFS 1.2 before, your scripts will work.
If you modified your source code then you can move the changes to new.

Why are you using some old TFS?
Just switch to the newest version, whats the problem. If you used TFS 1.2 before, your scripts will work.
If you modified your source code then you can move the changes to new.

Many systems added, the pure tfs dont have these systems, I edited the first post

Back