• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

floor 8 (-1) is invisible from above

scheisse

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
hey, i have problems with floors. floor 7 is my ground floor. so floor 6 is +1 and floor 8 is -1.
i wanna put pavement on floor 7 and water on floor 8 and add many bridges to make one part of my town look like venice. the problem is that i cant see whats on the floor 8 when i look from floor 7.

i have left a space pn floor 7 and added water on floor 8, but still cant see anything when i looking from floor 7 :/ whats the problem?

just move your town a little higher
´

well i cant, i have maped a very big part of it already and i just cant map the same from the beginning, just one floor higher. is there a posibility to move the whole floor up as a whole?

Well, you can hold shift + left click for area selection, ctrl to move faster and arrows to move while you are selecting.
I advice you to doing it step by step as moving large areas will most likely freeze the mapeditor for a long time.

damn, it sounds like a solution, but it will take me a while (1-2 hours of clicking around). is there a possibility to make the 8 floor (-1) visible from above? i can see the most other floors from above, just the 8th floor doesnt work :/

by custom client he means that you would need to edit source of OTClient and source of server enginee

Enginee sends packets about what is under floor (7) to the client and modified client needs some code lines to recive that packets and "show" you what server send...

I bet that ure not C++ expert so the best way to solve ur problem is just like someother ppl said, move ur city one floor up. Simply Shift + Left Mouse Button to select area then Ctrl+X go floor up and Ctrl+V

Back