• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flowdude's mapping thread

flowdude

Valendor Mapper
Reaction score
Hello! I will have some showoff's in this thread, and it would be nice if you guys gives me some feedback :)

Here is one:)

An unfinished town:
9ld1s5.png

Tell me what you think! :D

Cincerely,
Flowdude

Last edited:
Remove the top part of picture one, all the walls that are squared off for some reason. Add some details to the desertish, like a few more tufts, sand gravel, and don't autoborder.

Pic 2. Can't really see much of it since it's zoomed out but I see alot of squares, missing details inside the houses.
Read some tutorials and look at other people's mapping, get familiar with RAW palette and keep going!

Here's an unfinished town. Tell me what you think :)

9ld1s5.png

Last edited:
Please zoom in so we can see more details, but from what I can see, the fountain is bugged, and you're lacking details in the grass.

okay just look for bugs. I havent started with the grass, yet.. (Unfinished)

But here's a closer look on the Fountain:

2mhg4k5.png

Add gravel, remove the debris on the water, dont add jungle grass or sugar cane and dont use too much auto border get familiar with raw.. Sorry if im a bit harsh..

Add gravel, remove the debris on the water, dont add jungle grass or sugar cane and dont use too much auto border get familiar with raw.. Sorry if im a bit harsh..

It is not 100% done :p but okay with the sugar canes and jungle grass.
But if you didnt know:p all is 100% Raw :p

And some friggin graff tufts.

If you readed my answer to Prest. You would know that I didn't start on the grass yet

Getting better but I don't understand how water is coming out of a rock?

Getting better but I don't understand how water is coming out of a rock?

Hehe :p There is just a water source, the "rock" is a part of the mountain and there is water coming up there and gets released from cracks in the "rock" :p

Take the normal rocks outta the water, and change the brown debris to grey and only put it on the rock soil and gravel..

Looks nice. Maybe less dirt on top, and the other dirt parts you can improve by adding brown gravel and dirt nature like mushrooms.
Rocks on water are nice, but better use the water rocks, else it looks like there floating. Brown gravel looks more realistic on brown parts, and gray on gray parts.

I really like the waterfall tho, the height effect gives a real mountain feeling.

Last edited:
Back