• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flowdude's mapping thread

nice shape? lol
they both look terrible
go use RAW more often, you'll see what it does

I hope you understand this was sarcasm.. ^_^

"example 1, and then leave it like that, good, detailed and nice shape"
Do you see any detail? :D

omfg:p dont look on the map art. just the effect on the cave wall. its a question not a showoff

To be honest, why choose between 2 cave types?
I mean, every cave is supposed to be different from the others.
Here is 2 "types" that could both fit inside the same cave.
Example: Narrow Cavern

Example: "open" cavern

So, All in all, what I wanna say is, just mix it up a little.
Also, DO NOT map a cave with 100% autoborder like I did in the second picture, it gets kinda shitty then :D
cba to try and map something good for a quick post xD

You shouldn't get to stuck on what other people say, take their advice, but don't get obsessed with them or you'll lose your own mapping style, which is bad :p
So, just map however you want, and then post the results.
Examples like those you just posted are, to me either extremely boring (1st pic) or WTF, Huge Mess! (2nd pic).

I think that if you want people to seriously vote for this, make 2 caves, exactly the same (at first) and then change them radically in some small ways to make them both unique.
Fix something like this, and I'll be sure to vote for the best looking one!
Because, for now, I will not..

Good Luck
Kind regards
/Falarion

To be honest, why choose between 2 cave types?
I mean, every cave is supposed to be different from the others.
Here is 2 "types" that could both fit inside the same cave.
Example: Narrow Cavern

Example: "open" cavern

So, All in all, what I wanna say is, just mix it up a little.
Also, DO NOT map a cave with 100% autoborder like I did in the second picture, it gets kinda shitty then :D
cba to try and map something good for a quick post xD

You shouldn't get to stuck on what other people say, take their advice, but don't get obsessed with them or you'll lose your own mapping style, which is bad :p
So, just map however you want, and then post the results.
Examples like those you just posted are, to me either extremely boring (1st pic) or WTF, Huge Mess! (2nd pic).

I think that if you want people to seriously vote for this, make 2 caves, exactly the same (at first) and then change them radically in some small ways to make them both unique.
Fix something like this, and I'll be sure to vote for the best looking one!
Because, for now, I will not..

Good Luck
Kind regards
/Falarion

Thank you:) i totally agree :)

I think he was taking about the cave walls, not the shape, although I agree with your comment about the advice, everyone has their own mapping style and not everything have to be mapped in the same way, as long as the result will be functional to play on.

I think he was taking about the cave walls, not the shape, although I agree with your comment about the advice, everyone has their own mapping style and not everything have to be mapped in the same way, as long as the result will be functional to play on.
Yeeh, I know..
I kinda half-assed gave examples, showing 2 wall types, one that is more random in the walls, having lots of cracks based on the ground areas (first one) and one that is a bit more open and has less cracks in the wall based on the ground area (2nd one).
Perhaps not super obvious examples though ^^
But I le Triiiieeed =<

Yeeh, I know..
I kinda half-assed gave examples, showing 2 wall types, one that is more random in the walls, having lots of cracks based on the ground areas (first one) and one that is a bit more open and has less cracks in the wall based on the ground area (2nd one).
Perhaps not super obvious examples though ^^
But I le Triiiieeed =<

Thats still the shape, he ment this. So the first one, or the second one.

wallremere.jpg

Latest work!:
Mountain with entrance + gate!

first the overview:
aWkhe.png

Then the towers overview:
u5Pre.png

And so the entrance to the towers:
6n4A7.png

Entrance+Prison hole:
iFC2j.png

And the City gate entrance, through the mountain:
Rq2r7.png

Feedback please! :w00t:

Last edited:
nice, mountains are a little too big for an entrance i think but the towers look good.

Back