• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia ForgottenMapEditor 0.1-beta! Almost every version supported (including latest)

And even if I add it to folder 1022 it don't see new sprites from 10.30

@Fallen - OTClient don't support tibia 10.30 (at least for me) and it didn't work. When you choose 1030 and click "Load core" nothing happens.

@Zszywek - items are in Other (None) group in items.otb, so you must do one more thing:
- in modules/mapeditor_itempalette/itempalette.lua
- find:
Code:
comboBox:addOption("Doors",        ItemCategoryDoor)
- add in next line:
Code:
comboBox:addOption("Others",        ItemCategoryNone)

You have new option in items palette called Other. It takes few seconds to load (in my PC it takes 2minutes ;_; just wait). Don't forget to put items.otb to materials 1022. I'm not sure if it's neccesary, but I did it and it works.

Attachments

Good Job @Fallen or I will called your Egyptian name : Ahmed

maybe I will give this program a try
but i'm proud of that there is an Egyptian guy can make something like that :)

and how to load my map?
I explained this like 3 times in this thread. Anyway, the upcoming release should make it easier to use, check out https://github.com/decltype/forgottenmapeditor/issues/62

I really dont understand how to install '-'
You simply download otclient.exe from the link I posted @ main post and drop that executable in the forgottenmapeditor folder you downloaded.

@Fallen - OTClient don't support tibia 10.30 (at least for me) and it didn't work. When you choose 1030 and click "Load core" nothing happens.

@Zszywek - items are in Other (None) group in items.otb, so you must do one more thing:
- in modules/mapeditor_itempalette/itempalette.lua
- find:
Code:
comboBox:addOption("Doors",        ItemCategoryDoor)
- add in next line:
Code:
comboBox:addOption("Others",        ItemCategoryNone)

You have new option in items palette called Other. It takes few seconds to load (in my PC it takes 2minutes ;_; just wait). Don't forget to put items.otb to materials 1022. I'm not sure if it's neccesary, but I did it and it works.
What trouble you having? What does it say in console? (CTRL+~)

You might be loading every single item instead, not quite sure how the palette code looked.

P.S: Please donate guys, to make it worth the time put into this. I have not received any donations so far.

Last edited:
i cannot seem to get it to work... the program runs but there no items in the pallet... map wont load, and it wont load any client version but 8.70 on startup... maybe it because i got 64 bit windows 7?

The default is 8.70, you can change that to auto load any version you want in modules/mapeditor_startup/startup.lua, however, if you do not want it to auto load stuff, you can just disable that module (in modules/mapeditor/mapeditor.otmod remove "- mapeditor_startup")

Kinda laggy, but i finally got it to work, edited the version and then i didnt know that i needed the monsters.xml inside the version folder, so i put that there and it opened perfectly

Although once it worked i mapped a small area and then it started to lag, keep in mind that it, anti-virus, and notepad were only things running at the time.

then after a few more min's it lagged out and then few seconds later gave me this error
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Although once it worked i mapped a small area and then it started to lag, keep in mind that it, anti-virus, and notepad were only things running at the time.

then after a few more min's it lagged out and then few seconds later gave me this error
Crash log? Upload fme.log in same directory somewhere.

So , i've installed it but how do can i change uniqueid and some things like that?
You can't for now, as you can see in the first page, i stated that i totally forgot about this feature.

Hmm, I feel like I am suffering from retardation, but how do I actually delete items/tiles on this map editor? I couldn't figure it out...

And to my knowledge, there is no eraser either.. for deleting things in big portions..

Without a way to delete/erase items I can't really use this as a map editor...

BUT this is a really good start, as we are in need of a map editor since Remere has dropped off the face of the planet, and I look forward to seeing more updates to this.

Hold shift or CTRL (dont remember what was it exactly) and click on the item you want to be deleted.

Back