• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [10.98] Rookville - 5th Edition - Starts 20TH MARCH 17:30 GMT+1

Server Website/AAC
http://rookville.com/index.php
Server Address
rookville.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
PATCH 0.2 - LIVE NOW

General Gameplay:

• Sockets - Should now apply the correct socked instead of asking to try again
  • Monster AI - Smoother Monster Walks & Targeting
  • Map Markings (Client) - Now possible to set out and saves again
  • No hack (Client) - Some players experienced small hacks while walking, should now be smoother
  • Skill Eggs - All Skills Eggs now got higher drop rates and will drop in more monsters (See Quest Log > Guide)

Working on:

• Mac Client - We still haven't been able to make it playable!
  • Updating Runes in General and Spells for Mages to improve them!
  • A lot more as always!

Don't forget - First player who reaches lvl 100 get a Unique Mount! (Possible to choose from a couple of different ones!)
latest

See you in game!

X5B2I7U.png

Greets,

We have had an amazing start, which followed with a couple of rough changes. We are finally getting to a stage where most is working as intended so that we can focus on improvements and new things. It hurts to do the sudden changesI would like to explain a bit further.

BUGS that we had to do quick changes for: (It was never the idea to have them)

• Undead Gladiators didn't take any damage in the beginning and became a popular hunting ground
  • You could aim runes on players in the battle log
  • You could use hotkeys on some runes/potions
  • You could create SDs easily to use as your only hunting runes
  • You got loads of extra exp for being 4 different vocations in a party
  • The Enchant system was broken in many ways, one was the high regeneration and things that didn't add up
  • The latest was OP mages (Super high reg + super high dmg)

MISSTAKES BY ME THAT WAS REVERSED:
- Rough changes to create a DPS Sorc and AoE Druid

VOCATIONS - What happened & what will happen now?
Rookville started out with the somewhat balanced vocations from the previous run. What I didn't know was that the calculation of the new OT code didn't apply on the spells correctly, which made some spells great and some useless. This created a series of rough changes. The new code was applied which made mages OP, so you got a free run for a couple of days with a mage that was not supposed to be killing a dragon in 2-3 shots from a regular spell at lvl 30. (You won the lottery a couple of days, congrats!)

The idea is not to create a copy of the real tibia damage, but make it as we think it should be for a certain vocation. Knight is more blocker and survivor, paladin all-around (but rough when getting melee hits), Sorcerer highest dmg but glasscanon (High death change when hit) and Druid high damage but support aspect, also easily killable. With that said, everyone should be able to hunt solo while you can't kill as good things as if you would team up.

KNIGHTS - Should now be "perfect", unless some nerfing is needed.
PALADINS - Should now have a slightly higher damage as the previous calculations didn't add up
SORCERERS - Much better than real tibia but less Mana Shield, will get further boosts. The intention is also to make some Single Attack spells of the Sorcerer a bit stronger.
DRUIDS - Much better than real tibia but less Mana Shield, will get further boosts. The intention is also to make some AoE spells of the Druid a bit stronger.

ENCHANT SYSTEM - What happened & what will happen now?
The enchant system has honestly been bugged from the start. You, the community, found things that I didn't while testing it. Merlin helped to solve most things and are working to solve the rest.

The easiest way would be to remove it directly, while I believe it would hurt the players further.
Therefor, (unless we decide to remove it) we will have to live with bigger changes from that system when we together try to optimize it.

Regeneration is one thing that has been broken, it should almost work now. (Report if too low)
High regeneration with the Enchants should give around 20-30 hp/mana per second, maybe slightly more if optimized.(All vocations should use potions for HP/mana while regeneration is a bonus)

Known enchant-bugs that we are looking at:

• HP bonus doesn't always get added
  • Skills don't always add up to the correct bonus
  • Players sometimes have to re-logg/re-equip to get the complete bonuses

TRAINING / KICK TIME
The high amount of new players at the start directly banned us from OTservlist as they thought we created fake characters to gain online amount of players. One fix that we tried quickly to solve it was to kick people after 15 minutes. We seem to have another solution as other servers have online training so this was now reversed, you can now train online as you could in the beginning.

OTHER: (+REQUESTED UPDATES)

• Newbielator, Prehilator and Annihilator can now be done multiple times
  • Dragons & Dragon Lords was removed on the way to the Hero spawn to reach them more easily.
  • A few more monsters was added on the Fibula ground level as well as a small bridge to make the spawn a bit better
  • The Spawn time of Bosses around the Hydra/Serpent Spawn area has been raised
  • More Deeplings and Sea Serpents was added in the underwater area below Folda
  • Volcano Island stair spawns has been adjusted to be more huntable
  • Knights now start with 20 in skills to be able to hit their first targets (Rotworms) smoothly
  • A party with 2 people or more will gain 20%+ bonus experience while hunting, so team up!
  • Holy Missile Rune improved for Paladins to be used while also casting other spells

UPCOMING:

• Further Vocation Balancing
  • Further Enchant System fixes
  • New Areas
  • Improved Existing Areas
  • Sell more Items

Thank you for having the patience with the rough changes the happened, it is not the idea to do them that suddenly. Hope to have almost everything working as intended today, and keep in mind that you have a huge impact of how it should be as well, so make sure you note it. Remember, the key to level is to explore! A good tip is to do all quests from lvl 8 and follow the questlog.

Good luck and hopefully see you in game!

X5B2I7U.png

UPDATE - NEW ISLAND!
Reachable by boat, Cormaya is the new island with 20 new houses, 2 new Guild Halls and 2 new hunting grounds.
One low-medium lvl hunting ground and one mid-high lvl hunting ground.

cDTR3XN.png

PATCH 0.4:
-Monster Counter will now count all your monster kills
- Premium Achivements should now be completeable as you have monster counter
-All Wands & Rods increased range from 3 to 4
  • Mage spells now hit around Real Tibia dmg + got several attacks which makes mages 2-4 times better then real tibia, they also hit instantly (Give feedback for further boosts and adjustments)
  • The Explosion Rune for Knights now take Energy dmg to help against Ghost/invis monsters in rare cases

As a mage
- Try a Strike spell, Hmm rune, another Strike Spell, Hmm Rune, the first Strike spell and loop! Can adjust the exhaust if it is too high.

Mages are hopefully becoming better quickly now again.

X5B2I7U.png

PATCH 0.5

PALADIN WEAPONS:

BOWS:

• Bow - Start EQ
  • Elven (Loot in Elves)
  • Icicle (First Svargrond + Ice Bosses)
  • Silkweaver (Second Svargrond)
  • Composite (Loot in Wyrms & Ironblight)
  • Yol's (Third Svargrond)
  • Elethriel's (Elven Boss from Raid)
  • Warsinger (Not available yet)
  • Hive (Coming soon with new area)
  • Mycological (Comin soon with new area)
  • Umbral (Creation)

CROSSBOWS:
  • Crossbow (Buyable)
  • Modified (Newbielator)
  • Ornate (Deeplings)
  • Chain (Prehilator)
  • Triple (Loot in The Welter)
  • Arbalest (Not available yet)
  • Ironworker (Annih)
  • Devil Eye (Not available yet)
  • Royal (Demon Oak)
  • Crystal (Loot in Cliff Strider & Orewalker)
  • Thorn (Loot in Orshabaal)
  • Umbral (Creation)

NEW MAGE WEAPONS ACCESS:
Svargrond Arena 1 - Choose Necrotic Rod or Wand of Decay
Svargrond Arena 2 - Choose Hailstorm Rod or Wand of Inferno
Svargrond Arena 3 - Choose Underworld Rod or Wand of Vodoo

X5B2I7U.png

UPDATE + PATCH 0.6 LIVE TOMORROW AFTER SERVER SAVE!

r0CFGoP.png

Knights:
- Critical Hit Chance for Knights should be slightly higher
(The higher Fist Fighting you have, the higher chance to Crit so train Fist Fighting!)

Paladins:
- Critical Hit Chance for Paladins should be slightly higher
(The higher Fist Fighting you have, the higher chance to Crit so train Fist Fighting!)
  • Infernal Bolts can be traded for Soul Orbs, talk to Eroth in the Library
  • Behemoths and Giant spiders dropped Green Eggs (Club) instead of Yellow Eggs (Distance) now fixed

Druids:
- Warlocks are no longer immune/strong against earth so Druids can now kill them more easily

Sorcerers:
The Necromantic touch of the Sorcerer is finally here!

Sorcerers can now create a use an Animate Dead Rune on a Corpse to summon a Blocker for them so that they can keep their distance!

PpiPdnM.png

Sorcerers will also get a NEW SPELL!
Undead Legion - Summon your own army from corpses to aid you in fights!

m0VDJeu.png

Other:
  • Buff NPC fixed
  • More items sellable in the shop live now!
  • A bit higher drop chance regarding collectables for endgame Umbral Weapons
  • Fixed some errors at Zathroth Tower (lvl 150+)
  • Optimized Zathroths Tower a bit

- Activating house rent again (Weekly Payment of 200 Gold per SQM)
Inactive players will also soon start to loose their houses to make room for other players.

New Areas:
- Cyclops area in premium island to the left of the city will be A LOT BIGGER

- New Area and Monsters will be accessable from the Lizard Gods Island.
(Pass the Mortal Combat Arena to get there)

Kb3173P.png

Thank you all for all your feedback. ENJOY THE UPDATE!

X5B2I7U.png

NEW AREAS BY REQUESTS:

New Underground castle at Fibula:

Vicious Squires
Renegade Knights
Black Knights

mk0pa8t.png

2 underground floors with Wyrms & Elder Wyrms!
Can be found around the island with Lizards!

eCH4Rci.png

Bigger Demon Spawns, down around Annihilator & Demon Helmet!

f1DECQn.png

These hunting grounds are requests by you, the community. Enjoy!

X5B2I7U.png

Eldin - PATCH 0.8

SPELL ADJUSTMENTS:

DRUID:

-The LvL 100 Spell has turned into Ice instead of Earth, also dealing more damage.
-Druids are now the only vocation that can use the AoE Runes (GFB Types, other vocations may use the small FireBall rune which got raised damage)
-Sudden Death Rune Damage was increased.

SORCERER:
-The LvL 100 Spell has turned into Energy instead of Fire.
-The Enchanted Staff Spell is now improved to create a Special Mini-AoE Staff that will last for 2 minutes.
-The Animated Dead Rune Summon now got more HP and will also self Heal.
-Animated Dead and Undead Legion reduced from 2 minutes to 1 minute CoolDown.
-Sudden Death Rune Damage was increased.

PALADIN:
-The AoE Spell Divine Caldera (Exevo Mas San) was slightly lowered and raised from 10 second to 12 seconds CoolDown as Paladins are single target attackers.

EVERYONE:
-The Pet now got more max HP and will heal more.

OTHER:
-Fixed a minor error in the Zathroth Tower.
-Updated the Donation Shop a bit with Exp, Skill and Magic LvL boosters as the server has been up for a while.
-You will now see who is AFK/Training and who is actually "Playing" when using the !online command. We hope to have solved the OTserver list error any day now to get some new players.
-You can now see amount of Premium Account days when logging in again.

I am also working on a few adjustments and a customized PoI Quest. Stay tuned!

X5B2I7U.png

UPDATE
A customized Pits of Inferno Quest has now been added to Rookville, it is a lot harder.
Anyone above lvl 95 can help while it will demand lvl 130 to take the rewards. (Rewards are also completely new)
Follow your questlog for more information!

PATCH 0.9
-Sudden Death Rune CoolDown is lowered from 3 to 2.5 seconds. (Also raised the damage a couple of days ago)
-Gambling Odds are now better, 140% the money on High/Low and 300% money on Numbers Games.
-Golden Boots and Blessed Shield is now lootable in Zathroth.
-Demon Armor now got Arm 18, making it the best Armor in Game.
-The big Grim Reaper Spawn is slightly nerfed as a few Grim Reapers was switched out for other creatures. (It was the single most popular hunting ground)
-Most Islands by the Boat are now accessable for free accounts too.

I will now look deeper at smaller errors and further vocation balances as requested.

X5B2I7U.png

Last edited:
I don't know why but this feels so wrong. I mean you could use any other custom island but why Rookgaard? It doesn't even feel like rookgaard anymore with all that stuff mixed on the game. You should create a custom world, it would attract more players than old girls like me who react to the word "Rookgaard".

Have you ever seen a harry potter movie? Looks like all of the entire mystical creatues moved to that world. This feels like a harry potter movie.

This is just another server using the word Rookgaard :c I prefer the classic and new concepts Paco used on his server respecting the original nostalgic feelings of our lovely Rook. Sadly no one is hosting it as far as I know.

I might give a try to this server anyway! I wish ya the best! And I have to say that it looks like a lot of work. The future of open tibia lies within people like you!

Yours Laylee

@Laylee Hello! How nice of you to drop by! :D
The more custom projects are on their way, this is an old project of mine that I quite can't abandon. Harry Potter hooked the world, and who knows, you might be hooked by RookVille?
Many things was changed and updated during this run, maybe it'll be another run in the future where you can explore the new correct balance from start? 😘

PATCH 1.0

• Prices in the shops has been updated and more items was added. (Big remake)
  • Levels of Ammunition was Updates to better balance the Paladin.
  • Promotion is now 10k instead of 5k.
  • Soft Boots Quest has now been updated to be taken once per person.
  • You can repair your Soft Boots at Cecilia in Fibula.
  • Demon Oak should now be fixed.
  • Runes can now be used by most vocations again.
  • All LvL 100 Spells reduced to 60 seconds Cooldown instead of 120 seconds.
  • Trainers now show your DPS and will show your best DPS when done.
  • Knights will be able able to upgrade their weapons from tomorrow for + in melee fighting.

i3t1Rvg.png

X5B2I7U.png

Last edited:
Back