• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France][7.4 Custom] Celestia Realm - CLOSED

After reading these comments and looking at these images, i will not play this server.

Maybe someday i will open my 7.4 ot and ill do what THE PEOPLE want, not what I want.

My friend, what is the mistake? I made the changes that was suppose to be there from the start.

And you would stand there with 0 players online. Do you rather host a server that contains 0 players, but with settings you prefer. Or a server with 20-30 players that actually enjoy the map and gameplay, but not the settings you like.

My friend, what is the mistake? I made the changes that was suppose to be there from the start.
The misstake was waiting 2 months after serv is launched to make the changes you want. People got used and to it and played the server because they liked how it was. After 2 months without telling anyone u make all changes and bann the players who dont like it. If you dont see its a misstake something is fucked in your mind.

Im really sorry for Peonso he worked hard and he server was good because of him but you decided to fuck it up AGAIN, like all servers you launch.

The misstake was waiting 2 months after serv is launched to make the changes you want. People got used and to it and played the server because they liked how it was. After 2 months without telling anyone u make all changes and bann the players who dont like it. If you dont see its a misstake something is fucked in your mind.

Im really sorry for Peonso he worked hard and he server was good because of him but you decided to fuck it up AGAIN, like all servers you launch.
Paco paco paco.. Again I didnt ban players who didn't like it, is it that hard to get into your narrow mind?

And you would stand there with 0 players online. Do you rather host a server that contains 0 players, but with settings you prefer. Or a server with 20-30 players that actually enjoy the map and gameplay, but not the settings you like.

I'd rather host a server which I enjoy working on than a server that I do not enjoy working on

So why did you run the server with features you didn't like? I heard it's not your first server, it's your 4th, so why didn't you prepare the server before the launch? Anyway - is the server for you or for the players? Players have to like it. If you don't think so, then you can play alone on your server, good luck.

And it doesn't even matter what changes we were arguing about. The most important thing is Kungenn's behaviour. He didn't care about the players. He hated his own players and his own servers. He never cared about players opinion, he never asked us about it. He didn't care about our opinions, our protests, our arguments and ideas on the forum and in game and he didn't even answer us! I mean, he didn't discuss with us, his rare answers had like 1 sentence and they were like "I won't make the changes", "Itox buy glasses" "You are annoying and pissing me off" :)

When he asked players about the idea of changing features 2 days ago and players didn't like his idea, he lied that he won't do the changes and next day he made them! He's a shady and untrustworthy. As I said - he came to people with his idea saying that "majority liked it". He never said who the majority was, he just lied. He said he wouldn't do the changes, then next day he applied them. When people were protesting, because the fact is that the majority DISLIKED the changes, he made a poll about a reset saying that "many people asked about a reset". Nobody asked about it, I've talked with people. The poll lasted for 1 hour, everything was so fast, the result was 12 against the reset and 5 for a reset. What did Kungenn did? Banned players who didn't want the reset (lying that "it's because of pking" - such a bullshit, no one killed anybody!) and made ANOTHER poll in game.
When the second poll didn't go his way too, because again the majority didn't wanted to make a reset and was really upset, he posted on the website that "suddendly the amount of people wanting the reset occur to be less than people who didn't want the reset, I will revert most of the changes". I heard that he unbanned few players, but still he didn't say that to us, neither he apologized. I was kinda shocked when I saw that Kungenn actually admitted that he was wrong and maybe he'll undo the changes. But what happenend today? A FORCED RESET :D Without asking anybody, without any information. He just deleted the whole server during a night. I have no comments for that, but I am not surpsied. I knew that would come sooner or later. I just didn't know how fast it came.

I've never seen such immature, stubborn and retarded GM, really! I know it's HIS server, but seriously, he he didn't care about the players, he hated them. He's made a server that after a month when people were enjoying it he suddendly started to hate it and destroyed it. There were like no democracy, it was a totalitarianism. You dislike GMs idea? BANNED. You try to discuss and say your opinio? "You are annoying and rude" - BANNED. "You don't have to play here, get out" - Kungenn's quote. Is it the right way to treat people?

And one more quote from Kungenn's post on the forum, which I think is crucial - "The reset was only due to that some players went ham, pking, whining etc."

He deleted all characters, destroyed the whole server, bcause some players were WHINING.

I don't know about you, but I will never trust this guy anymore.

I was traveling guys, trying to reach Kungenn to talk before I say anything.

As I see it Celestia was kind of fast-paced: staged skills, double-charged runes, being able to MC, change gold with click, no trouble sorting runes or items as they are stacked and auto-stack. That was intended (at least by me) and Kungenn gave me total freedom to do as I want, I did that trying to mimic the Celestia version I played, with slightly changes to match my preferences and with some features that were default at TFS 1.x, as I was using that as distro. And I believe being fast-paced is necessary, it’s a oldschool, low pop, custom server, if people don’t get action soon as they start playing they won’t stick, they won’t believe others will stick and you end up fast as hell with an empty server.

Delusions of having a real hardcore game with mechanics of year 2000 are just dreams that will be crushed, there is no players up to that, that would give a chance to a oldschool, low pop, custom server. I believe Kungenn came up with a different concept of server that he want to host, and while trying to transform Celestia into that, shit went wrong. Well, he not only tried to move Celestia to a direction that in my point of view is a fated to fail, but more, he did that in a live version, where the player base he had started playing it because it was what it was, a fast-paced medium rate server.

Here is the my special tip, @God Mythera, you don’t do what your players want, that is total bullshit. You listen to your players, and that is completely different. Players will have paradoxals options of what direction server should follow, they will want features that alone seems a good idea, but don’t match the big picture. If you try to please everyone you end up with a Frankenstein that won’t stick together and will fall apart. That’s what happened here now, that what happened with Thora. You came up with an idea, think what is needed for it to work, stick with your guts, people that like will play. Try to please everyone, add paradoxals ideas, it fucks up. Polls fuck it up, you split the playerbase, they started to feel entitled to decide server fate.

Kungenn was doing his best, despite handling it with you guys poorly, he put a lot of effort on the changes and was really pleasing part of the playerbase with it, they matched the proposal of making it more like it was in the oldschool era. He also added a lot of content, cave systems, quests, and npcs.

The reset shit though is pretty fucked up, I felt kinda backstabed as you guys, since I was the one giving my word to players and OtLand community that it won’t happen. It was a really poor decision to even open a poll about it, you open the poll you already seal the deal. Another big tip, as an server admin, do not ever even talk about the possibility of a reset, if rumors start to build up, kill them fast! Make it clear that a reset won’t ever happen. People will feel discouraged and server will be empty fast as fuck.

That happened without my acknowledgement, I traveled tuesday. But now I will give my excuses why I won’t be taking it by myself and do a last effort to try to fix the issue. As I feel like I own it to you guys, and I’m failing to not deliver it.

I applied for civil servant 2 years ago, had to describe how the system works here in Brazil as there are a lot of technical terms involved, but they will finally giving me the job mid february and I won’t have time at all, I have to go through a 3 month course, 10 hours/day, 6 days/week, and move far away from my current city. I only discovered it 5 days before Celestia official launch, and it was totally unexpected, it’s a life change opportunity that the server has no comparison to at all. I still have some months to make it the best experience I could and a stable community before I had to step back. I already had put a lot of effort, and build some expectations, so I just give my best while I could. I’m also unemployed and living with my parents and my lil sisters, and they are going through a divorce, so it’s fucked up in my particular life, for that and some other smaller reasons.

I’m saying that because, Kungenn proposed me to setup Celestia back to like 3 days ago as it was, and I’m giving the reason why I won’t do it. I won’t be able to give any time to the server in 2 weeks, I need other person, as even if I wish I couldn’t do it alone, and I also believe it’s gone. Well guys, past this point there is nothing I can do to save it, reputation is tainted. When shitstorm like that hits a server, there isn’t much more to be done. Even if there was, after I’m saying it I’m kind sealing the deal.

Please don’t be too hard on Kungenn too, his community management skills sux, but he also put a lot of effort on making it work. He put money on it while we are making no money at all, and while having some RL issues also. I would like to add that I made no money at all, Kungenn wanted to split it 50/50, but I refused, I did it for the sake of having fun, he didn’t make real money also, as there was costs involved, the playerbase was small and we charged cheap.

That is it guys, sorry for not delivering.

@Jeppish @paco7fu @alz @Lisq @itoxblade @mich3208 @Silnikos @Suge Knight

Last edited:
Talked to @Peonso & some of the players on the forum and decided to bring back Celestia to the backup files.

It is restored now and everything is back to normal except for runes stacking.
Therefore the server is closed right now so you can't login.
I want to talk to Peonso about this.

Thing is Peonso is leaving to study in about 2 weeks, when that time comes he will probably have next to no time at all to put in to the server.
I really really really dislike stacking runes.
I will continue to work on the server needless of stacking or non-stacking runes.
But I will be so much more motivated to do work for Celestia if the runes don't stack.

So until I've talked with Peonso and decided what is going to happen the server will be online but you cannot login until we have decided.

Kungenn

Latest News
Stackable runes, to be or not
Saturday, 23 Jan 2016 - GM Kungenn

I am going to decide on this with Peonso as soon as he gets online.
I am going to open the server now so you will be able to login and play.
Word of advice, if you have manafluids in your house.
Lets say you had a stack of 100 manafluids in your house, it will now be only 1 manafluid.
I can change this to 100 platinum coints for you but then you need to take out the manafluid put it in your depot and leave it there and I will change it to platinum coins as soon as I can.
Don't use the manafluid if it was stacked before cause then it will disappear on use.

Back