• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[FRANCE] ARNIA 9.54 100% Custom Server

All that talk about a reset or not is just not that big of a deal atm.
Just let him finish his updates like he does every day till the server has some more quests in it (storylines) and some more suitable hunting places for people of all lvl to hunt and then we can talk about a reset or not.

No point argueing about it now because that point is months away from now i think

But Arn , Keep up the great work i really enjoy playing it
for the people who haven't joined yet come in and join the fun

kind Regards
hehemidu

All that talk about a reset or not is just not that big of a deal atm.
Just let him finish his updates like he does every day till the server has some more quests in it (storylines) and some more suitable hunting places for people of all lvl to hunt and then we can talk about a reset or not.

No point argueing about it now because that point is months away from now i think

But Arn , Keep up the great work i really enjoy playing it
for the people who haven't joined yet come in and join the fun

kind Regards
hehemidu
Yeah, I'm not arguing about the reset. I think the reset is vital to the server, but to have people leveling and whatever to then reset the server when it's complete will upset a lot of people. I think it would be good to reset while activity is still low. All I'm saying is do it before it's too late.

Also, think about hiring a few people. You might want to do the server alone, but at this rate you'll lose your community before you even gain one. If at least one person is hired (mainly scripters I assume) the work time can be cut in half. It will also take some of the pressure off of your shoulders.

I totally agree with u that a reset is the best thing to do , but not atm. U need to do a reset when server is completly balanced and more content is available.
Then u can do a reset or let the people decide about it by a poll.

Btw i would also try to hire someone who u trust is good enough to script :)

I totally agree with u that a reset is the best thing to do , but not atm. U need to do a reset when server is completly balanced and more content is available.
Then u can do a reset or let the people decide about it by a poll.

Btw i would also try to hire someone who u trust is good enough to script :)
Yeah, that's what I said too. Just worry about balancing the server first and adding the needed content and then reset the server. If he waits until every idea he wants to implement to be finished to reset, then people will lose interest.

All in all, he just needs to find out what is primary, vital for the success of the server, and what is secondary, just addons to the server. Once he realizes that then the server will head towards a better direction.

Yeah, that's what I said too. Just worry about balancing the server first and adding the needed content and then reset the server. If he waits until every idea he wants to implement to be finished to reset, then people will lose interest.

All in all, he just needs to find out what is primary, vital for the success of the server, and what is secondary, just addons to the server. Once he realizes that then the server will head towards a better direction.

Brillant....the thing is hes spending time scripting a new highscore thing (lol) rather then spending time to add content,item,creatures and quest. Im not quite sure if hes still working on that but,hopefully hes spending time on adding content. I really hope.

Brillant....the thing is hes spending time scripting a new highscore thing (lol) rather then spending time to add content,item,creatures and quest. Im not quite sure if hes still working on that but,hopefully hes spending time on adding content. I really hope.
What's wrong with the highscore script he has now? That is something that can come later on, it's not vital to the server...

Don't mind dead. Hes just a negative nancy. I haven't even begun to work on the new highscores page on the website, and hes already found something to complain about. The amount of criticism that comes from him makes me not want to announce anything at all. In fact, every single post from dead makes me want to work on the server less.

Don't mind dead. Hes just a negative nancy. I haven't even begun to work on the new highscores page on the website, and hes already found something to complain about. The amount of criticism that comes from him makes me not want to announce anything at all.

Love you too. You said in gamechat to i dont know who you started working on it but you still had some lines of script to check upon. Should have taken a ss. As i said,im not sure if your still working on that but hopefully not. w/e anyway. I could bitch about lots of thing not working well on the server but im done with arguing w you. BTW theres still no necromancer summons list. Like is it that long to post something like

lvl 8 = crap mobs skellys
Lvl 12 = crap mobs ..ghoul(slowpoke)
lvl 20 = crap mob zombie (hits like crap)
lvl 24 = mummy (hit 30s ...doesnt self heal but yeah)
lvl 30 = summon more useless crap(3 rather then 2!) ( blocking your way..running slow ..monster run away faster then them )

This was just a random list ...Im sure you will have better quality to give the summon. A kickass ghoul omgzor! Or a Powerful brain-eating zombie! .. They all useless anyway.

But on a side not necro are fun. Set Lifedrain to your closest hotkey (on mouse saves you time) and spam it as fast as you can on everything. Do not use summons,steal your exp and time. This last part is more of a guide for newcomer.

Edit: Forgot to say that mummy were crap aswell.
edit2: Aura of death seems nice. Needs further testing

edit3:
I'll be adding a list of summons and what level you can get them at, to the necromancer Library on the website.

- - - Updated - - -

This was post on the 27 august.

Last edited:
Arn,

Your server is very good and has the potential to be so much more, but I'd like to give you tips and ideas for improvement:

- Some NPC's like the king or others who are in the city should give missions on the quest line, with different states.
·With this mission you get to explore the map and make others know where everything is.
- More long and difficult quests not only random chests around the map.
- More indications of where everything is, with missions or posters, information on NPC's, etc..
- Mounts objects dropped or quests, but need to do it soon, it's a funny objective to get mounts. Like the outfits, these in stores in which they can create them.

And finally a custom client, and edit the. Dat, the server needs it. There are items that do not need to have a "use with", and more other thing for the custom client. I think It's needed.

And I've been thinking and reset is not necessary;)

Recommended server

Ciao

Arn,

Your server is very good and has the potential to be so much more, but I'd like to give you tips and ideas for improvement:

- Some NPC's like the king or others who are in the city should give missions on the quest line, with different states.
·With this mission you get to explore the map and make others know where everything is.
- More long and difficult quests not only random chests around the map.
- More indications of where everything is, with missions or posters, information on NPC's, etc..
- Mounts objects dropped or quests, but need to do it soon, it's a funny objective to get mounts. Like the outfits, these in stores in which they can create them.

And finally a custom client, and edit the. Dat, the server needs it. There are items that do not need to have a "use with", and more other thing for the custom client. I think It's needed.

And I've been thinking and reset is not necessary;)

Recommended server

Ciao

Thanks! I read your list, and these are ALL features I plan to add. Actually, theyre features I've been planning to add. Its just a matter of priority and workload. But thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoy the server!

Arn, The houses are way too expensive, perhaps a bit lower prices?

Arn, The houses are way too expensive, perhaps a bit lower prices?

The house prices are actually ok. As you can see, several of the 'high' level players have them. There are a variety of smaller houses for sale, as an alternative. However, the problem we have is that gold is still a bit difficult to accumulate. This is being addressed within the next 2-3 days, and it should be much easier to afford a house soon.

when is the new creature thing? Items ..etc? No BS please just let me knowe the real approximative date so i know when to log back again. Please

when is the new creature thing? Items ..etc? No BS please just let me knowe the real approximative date so i know when to log back again. Please

Owners don't cater to just one player. If he has an EST, he'll tell everyone.

Owners don't cater to just one player. If he has an EST, he'll tell everyone.

Jaedy is right as usual. The best I can tell you deadbringer, is that you can check the patch notes. If you see that it says TODO: that means im working on it at the moment. If theres no TODO next to the bulletin point, then its already done and will be applied when I patch the server.

We do have the Plains of Havoc coming soon. I have a few other things to finish at the moment, but I've already mapped a good bit of it, so with luck, we could have it tomorrow night or the following day. There will be orcs, minotaurs, cyclopses, stone golems, giant spiders, and hopefully our first world boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice Mapping Man

Back