• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] ClassicTibia [7.7] - Staged Highrate - START 18th March - STARTS NOW!!

Protection zone on boats & carpets?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About fucking time a highrate was created, tyvm.

Bro i just lost 5 minutes of my life to trying defeat a rat and get 100 exp , how we can even test ur server? Put 150x exp etc for testing.

Bro i just lost 5 minutes of my life to trying defeat a rat and get 100 exp , how we can even test ur server? Put 150x exp etc for testing.
The rates are to test if they are optimal of course
The map itself doesn't really need testing

But you are in it for money...
Does it matter? He has been working had on this project and of course he'd like to see it payoff. Of course perhaps it doesn't have to be paying more than his current salary, or as much as he can live on it. A lot of people are making OTS as an alternative way of making money through "donations" including you, that aren't really donations unfortunately. However, there are a few OTS that aim to achieve the communities appreciation and simply create an enjoyable environment as a complement to real tibia.

Does it matter? He has been working had on this project and of course he'd like to see it payoff. Of course perhaps it doesn't have to be paying more than his current salary, or as much as he can live on it. A lot of people are making OTS as an alternative way of making money through "donations" including you, that aren't really donations unfortunately. However, there are a few OTS that aim to achieve the communities appreciation and simply create an enjoyable environment as a complement to real tibia.
The guy has no life, he joins every single thread and post accusations. I am, not, in this for the money. I've lost more money than I've made since I've always kept my servers open long after they've died out and never had any donation items and such so please don't come here talking as you know me. Which you really don't.

The guy has no life, he joins every single thread and post accusations. I am, not, in this for the money. I've lost more money than I've made since I've always kept my servers open long after they've died out and never had any donation items and such so please don't come here talking as you know me. Which you really don't.
Every thread? No. Just peoples threads who are out for money.

Some people are doing this just for providing a fun new server environment like @Eldin which brings some fresh air to OT. Others like @Sir Knighter take it to a totally different level making it a huge project with paid contributors to ensure a great long lasting experience.
Is there a "right" way to go? No, in OpenTibia everyone is following a bit of a different path, with different goals and ambitions. Nothing wrong with that. If a server is only out for money ppl will realize it before long and simply wont donate and instead leave the server (probably). Does that make the server bad? No, not at all. If you are going after people who are out for money, come after me any time you want. Afterall I am running a paid hosting service.. Or is that much of a difference to you? All people who try to make some money with whatever project they choose to do have to invest money at some rate. It is only natural to want it back and even make profit for the hours of effort taken.

Some people are doing this just for providing a fun new server environment like @Eldin which brings some fresh air to OT. Others like @Sir Knighter take it to a totally different level making it a huge project with paid contributors to ensure a great long lasting experience.
Is there a "right" way to go? No, in OpenTibia everyone is following a bit of a different path, with different goals and ambitions. Nothing wrong with that. If a server is only out for money ppl will realize it before long and simply wont donate and instead leave the server (probably). Does that make the server bad? No, not at all. If you are going after people who are out for money, come after me any time you want. Afterall I am running a paid hosting service.. Or is that much of a difference to you? All people who try to make some money with whatever project they choose to do have to invest money at some rate. It is only natural to want it back and even make profit for the hours of effort taken.
Word.
Honestly though, I am not doing this to earn money.
I miss old Tibia and I want to give back to the community.
Do I want to pay for the host & advertisements from my own pocket? Not really, therefore there are marely symbolic prices of the stuff available to get from our shop.

Either way, thanks for your reply Damon, it's wise words & you're a wiseman :)

Word.
Honestly though, I am not doing this to earn money.
I miss old Tibia and I want to give back to the community.
Do I want to pay for the host & advertisements from my own pocket? Not really, therefore there are marely symbolic prices of the stuff available to get from our shop.

Either way, thanks for your reply Damon, it's wise words & you're a wiseman :)
This makes me feel old somehow
oldman2.gif

Last time I reply to you but, please, retard, check your donation shop and compare it to this - Now fuck off and stay away.
Thats funny, since items in my shop are 200-350 points (20$ = 4300 points, 10$ = 2100 points) i MAKE it affordable for people to donate...lol.

P.S ALL donation items can also be obtainable in-game, do you do this? I bet not.

He got premium rose, which is enough imo

He got premium rose, which is enough imo
Yeah but i find it funny how he turns it around on me saying i am out for money lol, but on my server i make it affordable and i even have guildshop. Soon i will even add PK shop aswell (2 out of 3 that you can get free items) I wasnt even gonna make a shop but people pm me telling me to make decent donation items so i did.

If this is the case, why arent you spamming every evolution server thread on this forum?

Youre just picking on random people, this donationshop is in no way after peoples money as you can play the server perfectly without donating.

Focus on your own server, instead of trying to drag others down for no reason.

If this is the case, why arent you spamming every evolution server thread on this forum?

Youre just picking on random people, this donationshop is in no way after peoples money as you can play the server perfectly without donating.

Focus on your own server, instead of trying to drag others down for no reason.
I never said his donation shop is bad, its just he also has had bad reputation running these servers. If he didnt care about money he would do a otservlist countdown but if i am correct he has not done that yet. All i really stated is that hes out for money.

edit: Also i could report him if i wanted to, he thinks hes cool sending me a "private message" showing my (city, state, zipcode). I dont know if he hacked my ip or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back