• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [Custom / 7.4] Medivia Online - Pendulum [Friday, 6th of January 2017, 18:00 CET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worr
I mean 10vs10 battles are fun but open battles is considered after 30vs30 or something.
You only play ots all your life, if you did not play real tibia wars 2005-2008, then dont write.

I check online at 18.15 and i see 350 player online and 50% level 20 or below. Lol

We have battle every day, dosnt matter its 10v10,15v15 or 20v20 like today (cam is comming) we still have fun

@assassinho
venezuelas farms are offline and random ppl like Tampons left the server thats why. I think there play 100ppl max rest is farm. U remember times when we had cool fights with 30 ppl online, who need fking 800 ppl.

I think you guys were lazy and didnt join this edition and you are trying to blame Iryont but many ppl joined and this is fking nice edition without ue spams and fking h lvl mages

I hope you have a good core of players playing i really do. But I haven't seen servers succeed for a longer period without a bigger community then only the war community. For now the battles looks nice:) wouldn't suprise me tho if sooner or later people start complain to nerf mort hurs.. We used it aswell in legacy and I see you guys are doing it too. What is good ofourse! But we have gfb nerfed now, ue nerfed what is next? I'm not saying i'm against nerfing the ue or gfb i'm just wondering where this ends and if it really makes the battles more fun on a longer term.

I wonder what would happen if admins took the other route instead. Sorcerers are supposed to be strong but fragile but that weakness doesn't really show itself in an open battle where speed is more important and a fight can be decided before they run out of mana. This makes them OP, but is it really worth nerfing damage of GFB => UE => E-wave until you have a vocation that is just a weak version of itself?

I think a more interesting way to balance out sorcerers would be to; A) nerf their total mana or; B) remove their mana shield spell. That way you could slowly turn sorcerers and druids into two separate vocations with their own purposes. Imagine a sorcerer that gain only 25 mana per level and can't cast mana shield – they don't lose their identity (high damage but fragile) but they can't stay act as highly mobile pseudo-tank in OBs (either time ring or energy ring) and they have a little less mana to spam spells with.

This is just a beginning of course and it's impossible to balance things out in a theorized text post; things would have to get tested first (and Pendulum seems like a good server to use for beta testing). But the important part is at that point, when you started nerfing other aspects of sorcerer's you don't have to completely gut until everyone is happy. Strong sides should be balanced out with weak sides – not just taking the edge of everything to ensure a "safe" experience for everyone.

I wonder what would happen if admins took the other route instead. Sorcerers are supposed to be strong but fragile but that weakness doesn't really show itself in an open battle where speed is more important and a fight can be decided before they run out of mana. This makes them OP, but is it really worth nerfing damage of GFB => UE => E-wave until you have a vocation that is just a weak version of itself?

I think a more interesting way to balance out sorcerers would be to; A) nerf their total mana or; B) remove their mana shield spell. That way you could slowly turn sorcerers and druids into two separate vocations with their own purposes. Imagine a sorcerer that gain only 25 mana per level and can't cast mana shield – they don't lose their identity (high damage but fragile) but they can't stay act as highly mobile pseudo-tank in OBs (either time ring or energy ring) and they have a little less mana to spam spells with.

This is just a beginning of course and it's impossible to balance things out in a theorized text post; things would have to get tested first (and Pendulum seems like a good server to use for beta testing). But the important part is at that point, when you started nerfing other aspects of sorcerer's you don't have to completely gut until everyone is happy. Strong sides should be balanced out with weak sides – not just taking the edge of everything to ensure a "safe" experience for everyone.

After the ue nerf on legacy i didn't use a single ssa ever since.. Was pretty weird. Normally i used like 5 atleast a battle cause i had to watch out all the time, but now hmm... I'm still not sure if I really liked it or not. On a server like pendulum I would like the ue nerf, but a server like legacy didn't really need it imo. Even before the ue nerf the ue combo's weren't any succesfull. But it was something to watch out for that was for sure. Now as a mage on legacy you go in the front for mort hur combo's after that you hide in the back to mana up again and do it all over again. It was weird xd.
Then again i think on a server like pendulum its a good change.

But at the end time will tell. I'm just curious to the future of sorcerers on medivia. (I wish i was a druid thats for sure, most deadly vocation atm)

Worr
I mean 10vs10 battles are fun but open battles is considered after 30vs30 or something.
You only play ots all your life, if you did not play real tibia wars 2005-2008, then dont write.

I check online at 18.15 and i see 350 player online and 50% level 20 or below. Lol
This is how all of medivia servers are. Medivia has been removed from otservlist because he spoofs players. I spent 10 hours searching for the players and couldn't find many of them. Medivia is not allowed on otserv because it doesn't follow the rules of only counting like 4 players from each IP (because medivia has a lot more from the same IP)
If you actually look at the online lists sometimes 70% of them are under level 30 and you can't even find them on the map. (AKA hidden area sitting there making it look like theres more players then there actually are)
This is still the best oldschool server out don't get me wrong but it's a joke about the players online. Even each high level will usually have 2-3 rune makers online, making 200 people really like 50 unique players at best.

@robbydeath If this is actually true about spoofing it would be nice with some proofs, even if it's just for one character. I know there a lot of rune makers botting and naturally people put them in places that are hard to reach and find. People can get banned from OTservlist for many reasons so unless you the site admins confirmed why Medivia was banned that doesn't mean much. Just a quick google search gave me this:

Just as a head-ups, this is how Medivia's staff responds to criticism. I'm not active anymore, but today I tried to log to my character and saw this:

image.jpg

(A month ago I posted on Medivia's forum about how the update revealed a huge amount of cheaters when the average number of players online greatly dropped immediately after the update, and pointed out that something's ought to be done about the situation before it destroys the server)
[France] Medivia Online - Legacy & Spectrum | CUSTOM 7.4 | [Windows / Linux / OS X]

I've always rooted out for this server, and I even actively promoted it during it's early days, but good lord, this is just insulting. Are artificial numbers really that important? For those that don't know, Medivia got "banned" from Otservlist a couple months ago because they refused to stop reporting massive-multi clienters as additional players. I won't play here anymore but I really hope that Ironyt stops turning a blind-eye on cheaters, even moreso now that "advanced" paid cheat tools exist...cheaters may boost the number of players online temporarily, but it the long run it will do permanent damage to the server.

Doesn't seem like other people agree with you here, Robby. (I underlined the relevant part, since he also complained about his rule violation in the first part of the comment).

@robbydeath If this is actually true about spoofing it would be nice with some proofs, even if it's just for one character. I know there a lot of rune makers botting and naturally people put them in places that are hard to reach and find. People can get banned from OTservlist for many reasons so unless you the site admins confirmed why Medivia was banned that doesn't mean much. Just a quick google search gave me this:

Doesn't seem like other people agree with you here, Robby. (I underlined the relevant part, since he also complained about his rule violation in the first part of the comment).

Now before I get started let me make clear I love tibianic (medivia) and believe its the best oldschool server available to play I have played since the start (2008-2009?) and my characters are still there today! This server is amazing and the only one worth playing in my opinion!

With that being said there's nothing to agree or disagree with, I'd say it's pretty blatant.
If you would like to get to the bottom of this I suggest you look at the players online and attempt to go search for them. Otservlist rules are very easy to follow, if it did not break that rule which rule would you assume that has been broken? Or are you claiming Konrad just decided not to have extra advertisement for his servers? (Medivia was on otservlist for years up until about a year ago) I would suggest reading this.
Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org
This is the time/reason when Medivia was removed.

As of right now legacy has a whopping 617 players online right now, wow, great! Let's take a closer look... Well... only 94 players are above level 30, the vast majority under 20. Must just be a coincidence , right? Not so fast... Go look for them on the server, I'll wait. I have searched for them , spent maybe 10 hours, I've played tibia for over 10 years, closer to 15, and I couldn't find them. I know most of the map by memory. Many are on a hidden island somewhere.

Quote from another well informed oldschool player:
"Medivia did not approve to follow the new rules of otservlist.org.
He would have to change his sources so only max. of 4 mcs will be counted as players.
Xinn wrote him a few times and gave him a deadline.
Everyone who do not approve the new rule will be set on 0 players until they follow the new rule."

(Additional interesting links from quote)
medivia died already ???
Anthony D. Woodbury

By the way Worr, are you greg? the mapper from relencia? I think I asked this in the past but I forgot.

Now before I get started let me make clear I love tibianic (medivia) and believe its the best oldschool server available to play I have played since the start (2008-2009?) and my characters are still there today! This server is amazing and the only one worth playing in my opinion!

With that being said there's nothing to agree or disagree with, I'd say it's pretty blatant.
If you would like to get to the bottom of this I suggest you look at the players online and attempt to go search for them. Otservlist rules are very easy to follow, if it did not break that rule which rule would you assume that has been broken? Or are you claiming Konrad just decided not to have extra advertisement for his servers? (Medivia was on otservlist for years up until about a year ago) I would suggest reading this.
Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org
This is the time/reason when Medivia was removed.

As of right now legacy has a whopping 617 players online right now, wow, great! Let's take a closer look... Well... only 94 players are above level 30, the vast majority under 20. Must just be a coincidence , right? Not so fast... Go look for them on the server, I'll wait. I have searched for them , spent maybe 10 hours, I've played tibia for over 10 years, closer to 15, and I couldn't find them. I know most of the map by memory. Many are on a hidden island somewhere.

Quote from another well informed oldschool player:
"Medivia did not approve to follow the new rules of otservlist.org.
He would have to change his sources so only max. of 4 mcs will be counted as players.
Xinn wrote him a few times and gave him a deadline.
Everyone who do not approve the new rule will be set on 0 players until they follow the new rule."

(Additional interesting links from quote)
medivia died already ???
Anthony D. Woodbury

By the way Worr, are you greg? the mapper from relencia? I think I asked this in the past but I forgot.

So if what you say were true can you please explain why spectrum and pendelum does not have the same amount of players online like legacy and destiny if most of them are fake anyway?
yankgonnayank

This is how all of medivia servers are. Medivia has been removed from otservlist because he spoofs players. I spent 10 hours searching for the players and couldn't find many of them.

@robbydeath I just opposed your innuendo that Konrad spoofed his online list with fake characters in unreachable locations. The links in your latest comment agrees with the point I'm making so maybe I just misunderstood you in the first place.

I'm @Hellrage and @Worr on Otland and /user/WorrProduction on Youtube. The only online server I worked on was Warloria. You're probably thinking of someone else.

ofc there's shitload of mcs, but accusing admins of spoofing by putting some fake chars in unreachable spots is just lol
you apparently don't know the map very well, I bet anything you want that all chars ar real and can be found
give an example of "unreachable" one and I'll prove you wrong

@robbydeath pls dude stop making yourself look like a fool.. He aint spoofing every char can be found. Alot of people hate the amount of mc's but I don't mind them. They keep the rune economy alive. Easy runes = easy hunting:D

Yeah so much fun! /s

80% makers! So great serv, much players very active such wow

This is how all of medivia servers are. Medivia has been removed from otservlist because he spoofs players. I spent 10 hours searching for the players and couldn't find many of them. Medivia is not allowed on otserv because it doesn't follow the rules of only counting like 4 players from each IP (because medivia has a lot more from the same IP)
If you actually look at the online lists sometimes 70% of them are under level 30 and you can't even find them on the map. (AKA hidden area sitting there making it look like theres more players then there actually are)
This is still the best oldschool server out don't get me wrong but it's a joke about the players online. Even each high level will usually have 2-3 rune makers online, making 200 people really like 50 unique players at best.
I highly doubt Iryont spoof players, just because you didn't find them doesn't mean it spoofed.. Do you know how many places there is you can hide in? not to mention the custom places? I remember when I played I searched for runemakers alot, there were some guys I had to spend hours to find out where they actually were. (it usually pay of when you loot 20 bp sds)

This is the only OT I would say is 100% worth playing and dedicating your time to! This server is AMAZING! With that being said ......

I highly doubt Iryont spoof players, just because you didn't find them doesn't mean it spoofed.. Do you know how many places there is you can hide in? not to mention the custom places? I remember when I played I searched for runemakers alot, there were some guys I had to spend hours to find out where they actually were. (it usually pay of when you loot 20 bp sds)

All I know is medivia has been banned from otservlist for not following the rules of only allowing a minimum of 4 players counted per IP.
(example: If I load 5 clients on medivia otservlist says they will only count 4 as online and the 5th will not show as online in the number of players online) For some odd reason konrad (medivia owner) Isn't ok with FOUR PLAYERS PER IP BEING COUNTED? that's still a crazy amount and incredibly misleading. That means 100 people could be online but it says 400 cuz each of them have 3 mc's open and thats the maximum otservlist allows. But that wasn't enough for him! He wants MORE then that to be counted. Why? For what? I'll tell you why, because there are MORE THEN 4 players running around on the same IP's and HE WANTS IT TO SHOW LIKE THERES A TON OF PEOPLE ONLINE! use your brain people. Obviously I don't know for sure, but that's what the evidence points to. Instead of just giving your opinion let's talk about possible reasons why konrad doesn't want to follow the otservlist rules of only counting a maximum of 4 players online per IP if it's not because theres more then 4 players from some IP that he wants counted.

Even if none of them are spoofed, none are runemakers, none are botters, 617 players are online and only 90 are above level 30. which means 14% of players are above level 30 on a 6 year old 2x server. (Why are they so low level? all rune makers?)

Now i'm just playing devils advocate for the fun of it, I still love the server and think it's the best oldschool out there , everyone should be playing it but something fishy is going on and there's more than meets the eye don't get blinded due to your love of the server. If you want to have a debate on why he doesnt' want to follow otservlist rules of only counting 4 characters per IP we can have that debate, other then that there's nothing much to talk about.

Yeah so much fun! /s

80% makers! So great serv, much players very active such wow
actually it's 86%(If they are even runemakers - they are most likely spoofed players to make the server look full)

@robbydeath pls dude stop making yourself look like a fool.. He aint spoofing every char can be found. Alot of people hate the amount of mc's but I don't mind them. They keep the rune economy alive. Easy runes = easy hunting:D

I'm willing to have a substantial debate on the subject I provided some evidence and you have provided none. I would disagree and consider you are the one looking like a fool. still love you though.

@robbydeath I just opposed your innuendo that Konrad spoofed his online list with fake characters in unreachable locations. The links in your latest comment agrees with the point I'm making so maybe I just misunderstood you in the first place.

I'm @Hellrage and @Worr on Otland and /user/WorrProduction on Youtube. The only online server I worked on was Warloria. You're probably thinking of someone else.

There is really no innuendo, I said it outright and gave a substantial argument as to why i believe so. If you want to have a discussion about it please let's talk about why he doesn't want to follow otservlist rules of only counting 4 players per IP as online?
The answer is because his "online players" would drop to a smaller number. Why else?? Lol

Last edited:
@robbydeath :
actually it's 86%(If they are even runemakers - they are most likely spoofed players to make the server look full)

Give me a picture of one guy not being able to find.

@robbydeath We asked you if you think Konrad is spoofing his online list with characters he placed himself on the map in unreachable locations. I'm going to ask you again because I don't think you understand -- the link you posted before shows that we are correct and you are wrong. Nobody is disputing that people use rune farms extensively, but you haven't shown anything to prove that admins create their own characters and hides them in unreachable locations to spoof online list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back