• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [Custom / 7.4] Medivia Online - Pendulum [Friday, 6th of January 2017, 18:00 CET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@robbydeath:
There is a lot of people asking me about Medivia privately so I decided to address this once for all.
You are right. Medivia was removed from otservlist because they didn't want to follow that rule Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org.

Medivia's number of players online then wasn't really real. Most of the people were running huge rune-maker farms and that's probably why they didn't want to follow a new rule and was eventually removed from the list. At that time I even received a screenshot from a guy who was running over 50 multi clients to create runes for his main character...

@OfflineDutchie1 Maybe if you pick servers strictly based on principle rather than which one you find funnier. For example lots of people had fun on Ryan's Oldera servers back in 2008-2011, but Ryan was also the biggest piece of shit who regularly ddos:ed all competition and spoofed his online list with noobchars teleported to GM island. Some people would out of principle not play Ryan's server because of how he acted; some would just play the funniest server around regardless. Not a perfect analogy since Ryan actually did spoof his online list, but you get the point.

@robbydeath We asked you if you think Konrad is spoofing his online list with characters he placed himself on the map in unreachable locations. I'm going to ask you again because I don't think you understand -- the link you posted before shows that we are correct and you are wrong. Nobody is disputing that people use rune farms extensively, but you haven't shown anything to prove that admins create their own characters and hides them in unreachable locations to spoof online list.
Like I said before, I can't prove it, and it's just my opinion. Even you are correct, and it's all just runemakers (which you cant prove, the same way i cant prove he spoofs - I can just prove a lot of the players are low level and not being leveled up and the server has been kicked from otservlist for not following the rules of a minimum of 4 counted per ip) That would still mean you are playing with a very low amount of players when it looks like you are playing with a lot. Basically the same outcome reached that spoofing would - except I would argue even slightly worse, that would mean certain players have 10-20 maybe even 30 or more runemakers going at one time, meaning you can't compete with them and they have a rune supply that's much more than anyone elses. Either way it's bad... when you see 86% of players under level 30 how can you say theres 1,000 people online that would mean 860 are under elvel 30 and runemakers? theoretically saying in this scenario 140 are real players and they have 860 runemakers which means on average they each have 6 runemakers? Xinn's post pretty much just underscored what I was trying to get at, the fact that many of the characters are fake and not being played by unique players. So i'm not sure what you are trying to defend here? I don't think YOU understand. Whether spoofed or runemakers THEY AREN'T UNIQUE.

@robbydeath:
There is a lot of people asking me about Medivia privately so I decided to address this once for all.
You are right. Medivia was removed from otservlist because they didn't want to follow that rule Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org.

Medivia's number of players online then wasn't really real. Most of the people were running huge rune-maker farms and that's probably why they didn't want to follow a new rule and was eventually removed from the list. At that time I even received a screenshot from a guy who was running over 50 multi clients to create runes for his main character...

Hey xinn, thanks. I just saw this after I made my above post and thought i'd reply. Out of curiousity, if it's been fixed why isn't medivia back on otservlist? I'm sure this is because it hasn't been fixed and otservlist would show much lower numbers then the medivia website but I want to hear your thoughts.
I thank you for this post as a lot of people here don't really understand what's going on and believe i'm just spouting off. Whether spoofed or just runemakers whats the difference? it's fake accounts that you aren't playing with. Medivia could agree with otservlist rules and get back on there for advertisement at anytime but he doesn't want to becasue the numbers would show up much lower then on website.

Now don't get me wrong, this is the best oldschool server and should be played! This server is amazing and Konrad is a great owner, with that being said there is some deception going on and ya'll are in denial.

Last edited:
Like I said before, I can't prove it, and it's just my opinion. Even you are correct, and it's all just runemakers (which you cant prove, the same way i cant prove he spoofs

Yes, this is a correct observation. It's essentially impossible to prove a negative (e.g "Iryont isn't doing this") where as it's extremely easy to prove a positive (e.g Iryont is doing this). That is why society collectively decided that the burden of proof is on you.

All you have to do is to find one proof that Iryont placed a fake character in an unreachable location. If you can't find that proof we can agree that you were just speculating and talking about things you don't know.

(the rest)

Nobody is arguing against you that people use rune farms on this server. Don't shift the goal posts - you claimed that Iryont spoofed his online list with fake characters in unreachable locations. Now show us your proof or just admit that you were wrong and that it was just a speculation.

Last edited:
Name any character on either world and i'll find them for you.

Yes, this is a correct observation. It's essentially impossible to prove a negative (e.g "Iryont isn't doing this") where as it's extremely easy to prove a positive (e.g Iryont is doing this). That is why society collectively decided that the burden of proof is on you..

What you choose to ignore is the fact they are both negatives. Iryont CHOOSES to allow the runemakers to stay because it shows an amount of players online he is more happy with. BOTH are negatives. Are you claiming he doesn't know about or can't prove the massive runemaker bots going 24/7 when it shows these level 20's on for 15 hours a day on the online list?
1,300 players online, wow! WAIT 1200 are under level 30 and have been online for 12 hours just botting runes. That's much better then if he was spoofing... Sure buddy.
Since they are indeed MY goals I can shift them anywhere I please... I've decided there's no way to prove he is spoofing (I can still have my own opinion) But it doesn't matter. 85% of the players are afk runemakers which he knows about and he allows them to continue for a higher player online list. (Apparently that's a positive thing to you - nice)

This is still the best oldschool server out there, everyone should be playing it, it definitely deserves to have 1,300 UNIQUE players online. But hiding the fact and trying to lie to people about it doesn't help the cause.
If you are proud of the fact that he allows hundreds sometimes over a thousand runemakers to sit on the map at any given time, staying off otservlist in order to lie and show a higher online list then he really has, do you boo.

Last edited:
@robbydeath Before we move on to a new topic (runemakers), could you just confirm that your initial claim was just speculation? (that Iryont places characters in unreachable location to spoof online list)

After that I will address your points on the new topic.

@robbydeath Before we move on to a new topic (runemakers), could you just confirm that your initial claim was just speculation? (that Iryont places characters in unreachable location to spoof online list)

After that I will address your points on the new topic.

It's the same topic. He allows fake players to boost up the amount of players online, which is why medivia is not allowed on OTservlist. For example, when you believe you are playing with 1,200 players it's really 200 unique players or less.
What's wrong with you dude? You're a goofball. Ofcourse it was speculation, or I would have provided proof. How silly are you? It was based on the evidence I provided which in my opinion is sufficient. You're so silly lol and a waste of time. You're gonna need a pair of knee pads for all that D suckn you are constantly doing.

Edit:
For example, Right now 1103 people are on destiny, wow great! Then you look and see only 113 players are over level 30. Only 70 between 20-30. Which means around 920 are under level 20. Nice! What a joke!

You are obviously hell bent on proving he is not spoofing so if I concede and say I have no proof as I have already many times, you still look like a fool trying to make this argument when there are currently around 920 of 1100 players on under level 20 somewhere on the map jacking off.

The difference between you and I is I'm willing to believe that he is spoofing some players, if not this means each of the characters above level 30 would have to have 8 runemakers open. or half of them have 16 runemakers open or 1/3rd of them have 24 runemakers each. Nice! Sounds plausible bro!

Last edited:
@robbydeath None of that describes Iryont placing characters in unreachable locations to boost his online list – which was your original claim that I disputed.

What you're doing is very dishonest. What is it called again – shifting the goal posts? You claim something (A) and when asked for evidence for A you move the topic to something similar, but less severe (B), and prove that B is true. Whenever I ask about your original claim A, you move the discussion back to B and back that point up with evidence.

The thing is that I haven't even disputed B. I said that A is just speculation and I asked you to prove A. We can discuss B as well, but only after you either show me evidence of A or admit it was just speculation that you can't back up.

Last edited:
@robbydeath None of that describes Iryont placing characters in unreachable locations to boost his online list – which was your original claim that I disputed.

What you're doing is very dishonest. What is it called again – shifting the goal posts? You claim something (A) and when asked for evidence for A you move the topic to something similar, but less severe (B), and prove that B is true. Whenever I ask about your original claim A, you move the discussion back to B and back that point up with evidence.

The thing is that I haven't even disputed B. I said that A is just speculation and I asked you to prove A. We can discuss B as well, but only after you either show me evidence of A or admit it was just speculation that you can't back up.

I'm a little confused, I started this with my own personal opinion which I still hold, I believe he does have some fake players because I don't think the above math seems very reasonable. I don't believe there's a guy on there with 100 runemakers open. We are all entitled to our opinions. I shifted the argument towards proving around 85-90% of the players online at almost all times are under level 20 which I did prove because that's where you wanted the debate to go as I could not PROVE there was spoofing going on. There is nothing dishonest about it, you are being edgy and trying to mince words. Whatever way you slice it, He either spoofs or allows someone to have hundreds of runemakers online at any given time. When he has 1,100 people on and 920 are under level 20 what exactly do you call that sir? Once again, you ignore the math and my debate and go onto call me dishonest and have no substance in your response. Your replies are nothing more then talk, while I provide the numbers as I will right now. Go to the medivia website and have a look......

1,060 players online DESTINY .... 176 PLAYERS ABOVE LEVEL 20......
This would mean every player above level 20 has over 6 runemakers open! Right!

As I said above, this is a daily occurrence (Yesterday)
"For example, Right now 1103 people are on destiny, wow great! Then you look and see only 113 players are over level 30. Only 70 between 20-30. Which means around 920 are under level 20."

Theres no dishonesty in that, it's all on the website you could go see it for yourself. The only dishonesty is in these numbers on the medivia servers.
You are very interesting and look like a fool. I won't reply to you anymore, you are a waste of time and apparently think you are smarter then you really are. If you have any substantial response worth reading let me know.

Xinn confirmed that there is a guy with 50mcs open and you don't believe that there is someone with 100? oh boy

Xinn confirmed that there is a guy with 50mcs open and you don't believe that there is someone with 100? oh boy

"Medivia's number of players online then wasn't really real. Most of the people were running huge rune-maker farms"

He is also talking in past tense, meaning hes saying it's real now, and people are not running huge rune maker farms because they "WERE"
also, I never said I don't believe there's someone with 100. I'm saying either way it's BS and Iryont knows about it but doesn't want to fix it because he wants to trick people like you and worr into believing theres a lot of players when there isn't. Even if one player has 100, in my above scenario every other one of the above level 20 would need to have over 4.5 runemakers open. K 9 players could have 100 runemakers each and still that wouldn't cover all the runemakers online at almost any given time.

This is how all of medivia servers are. Medivia has been removed from otservlist because he spoofs players. I spent 10 hours searching for the players and couldn't find many of them.

So will continue this discussion under the assumption that your original claim that Iryont places characters in unreachable locations to spoof his online list was just a baseless speculation – and that you agree with that. Moving on to the topic of rune farms etc...

He is also talking in past tense, meaning hes saying it's real now, and people are not running huge rune maker farms because they "WERE"
also, I never said I don't believe there's someone with 100. I'm saying either way it's BS and Iryont knows about it but doesn't want to fix it because he wants to trick people like you and worr into believing theres a lot of players when there isn't.

You continue to claim A and backing it up with evidence of B. But let's look at some other examples first:

Fact: There are many macro rune farms.
Proof: Just run around hidden locations and you'll find many of them.

Speculation: 50/60/70/90/99/x percent of the players online are rune farms.
Base of claim: Data from online list.

Note that this claim is only a speculation because the online list is only an indication. It doesn't directly prove your claim.

If you wanted a stronger indication you could cross-examine e.g one month of online list data with additional data from MediviaStats to show how big amount of the rune makers are online for inhuman amount of hours (e.g not many people would sit on one character for 10 hours every day for a month).

If you wanted an even stronger indication you could take your extracted data of probable rune makers and start collecting in-game data of how many of them are botting. If you found that 25% of the bulk of players collected are rune makers with macro-like behavior, you could go on to checking up a sub-section of these players. If you found that 99 of the 100 players you checked up were macro rune makers who auto-logged as soon as you entered their screen, you can safely assume that the next 100 or 1000 players on your list will behave similarly. If only 25 of 100 players were botting; maybe you weren't precise enough in your estimation? Perhaps you didn't limit the players' level when sorting for macro-like behavior?

I'm not saying you have to do all of this. But until you do, you have to realize that your speculations are fairly baseless. You say a big percentage and that's all there is to it really.

QUOTE="robbydeath, post: 2485142, member: 5942"]I'm saying either way it's BS and Iryont knows about it but doesn't want to fix it because he wants to trick people like you and worr into believing theres a lot of players when there isn't.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you claim A and backing it up with evidence of it. There is no doubt that there are rune farms but your claims go way past the facts. In our example, the fact that there are rune farms doesn't prove Iryont's intentions -- a dead body doesn't prove there was a murder. If he doesn't want to fix it, how would you explain his staff banning botters?

Legacy: MediviaStats
Spectrum: MediviaStats
Pendulum: MediviaStats
Destiny: MediviaStats

Of course there are still possible explainations to why he would ban botters despite not wanting to ban botters, like "he is doing it in small scale to hide his grand operation." However, you should note that at this point you are entering conspiracy theory territory. You're the Tibia version of taking the fact that "some people benefited from the wars in the Middle-East" and use it to prove that "Bush did 9/11."

i personally believe that theres up to 150-200 players actually playing per server, unless its pendulum then maybe more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back