• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [Custom / 8.0] Kasteria | ELOTH TEAM | NEW ANTI-BOT CLIENT| 4 JUNE AT 18:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://www.kasteria.pl
Server Address
kasteria.pl
Server Port
Client Protocol
Kasteria always have problem with speedboost/damage there is like no more speed after 220 lvl so 220 lvl running same as 350 for example.
Same with dmg on kasteria servers probably it's not 8.0 formula dmg just 8.54 like kasteria(it's 8.0 but engine from 8.54 servers).

Kasteria always have problem with speedboost/damage there is like no more speed after 220 lvl so 220 lvl running same as 350 for example.
Same with dmg on kasteria servers probably it's not 8.0 formula dmg just 8.54 like kasteria(it's 8.0 but engine from 8.54 servers).
Its exactly same formula as it was back in times. The thing that damage is not being much higher just because in 8.0 they changed formula to more like magic level instead of level which gives you almost nothing, if you have any doubts just watch old movies, while all mages been crying after 8.0 update (in 7.92 there was still 7.x formula)
kasteria.pl domain doesnt work for me.
403 Forbidden error
We are aware of it, please remove/refresh cookies and it should work.
Hmm, all is good, but I hope on this edition you will increase experience reward for tasks and give only 3 chance to repeat it.

I will write again what I was written many times xD
If you want this edition to last longer than other, increase the importance of character level in dealing damage from runes and spells, because the 8.0 balance breaks after ~ 250 level.

If you do not want to change this, then the skills and mlvl rates should be higher for high-level characters to deal more damage.
Tasks are going to be same as on Askara + you may repeat them as many times as you want, but each repeat gives you 33% less than previous.
Adding a few custom spawns from Askara to less desired places on the rl map is the way to go IMO. Eg. Eyelords to Ab'dendriel and Carlin, Elementals to Edron, fenrock north of Thais, Venomir to Safe Port, etc...

You should also look at the loot drop rates of the few specific monsters, buffing or nerfing them. What I mean is, most of the custom monsters always brought profit, like Venoms (ok, don't mind this as they can easily one-shot you), also Eyelords, Freeze Heroes, Terrible Nightmares, Bonedemons and Elementals, most of these places were easy to hunt while always bring consistent profit, even on mages, while places and monsters that were always popular in 8.0 like Frost Dragons, Hydras and Dragon Lords (probably forgetting few others) were garbage and almost always empty, Okolnir empty looked wierd.
Point being you should slightly tune down some of the custom monsters drops, while slightly increasing drops of less popular monsters, but instead of increasing rares you could just increase gold/sapphires/diamonds/etc, so if you would usually loot between 14-16k of this garbage per 100 kills on these monsters, now you would loot between 21-23k, so it saves you around 7-8 bps of mana, nothing major but something to give people some hunting variety.

If you are not going to add Prison, Asuras, and these op places you should make bonsuses for team hunting a bit better, like 5%-15%-30%(or 35) because I haven't seen a single 4 man, different vocation, team hunting on askara. But if you are going to add these op places, then keep bonsues as they were on Askara.

The whole point of this is to make more balanaced places for exping, cuz on askara if you were not exping on X places after 120, you better just stay in depot, so insted of havig 5 broken and op places and rest being shit, have like 2-3 broken places for exp/cash and like 10-15 balanced places with steady exp and profit/loot.

Also, an interesting idea would be to add another war guild bonus, which most of the war guild would prefer, which would be slighlty increased loot rate (15-30%).
Most of spawns you named are already here, well yeh - with building custom monsters there are possibilities that some loot may be unbalanced, we are aware of it and will try to make it well balanced, compared to real ones. Empty gave us a good idea to make paladin wanted in team hunts (actually you had 5% exp bonus each vocation in party, so in total you had 20%), to add an 20% boost additionaly if you got full team - so hunting with 3 vocation you may get 15% bonus while if you have full team of 4 vocations you will get 40%, its kinda good solution. I will take a look of what I can do about that loot bonus for guilds and will respond to that today if I managed to fix it or not.

Last edited:
@GOD Wille very good idea from empty. Also many of the changes looking good. But to make this editiont the best im asking on behalf of everyone. Will bots scripts be blocked and how will the administration deal with botters when players give proof about ppl botting? Can we make a 0 toleranze from the start where players get banned/deleted from bot using?

@GOD Wille And please fix the trouble/problems u always get when the server is about to launch , make sure that u have everything fixed before 18:00 cuz its annoying with the rollbacks kicks and "server is down maintenance" when the date is set to 18:00 4 june it should be working.

The changes you mention sound great so far, @GOD Wille ! I think that the change for anti para on askara was already a huge change towards anti botting, since it’s very hard to totally fix this bot problem.

I would rather go with your second idea @Spillevink ,that players should be banned directly if people send in a 100% proof that someone is botting. The main issue here is that we also need to make sure that the teams and especially their leaders do not force the GMs to unban that guy - that happened way too often in the last versions of askara and kasteria. If there‘s a proof that a guy from your guild used bot in fights, accept the ban and don’t say „unban or we leave the server“.

@GOD Wille And please fix the trouble/problems u always get when the server is about to launch , make sure that u have everything fixed before 18:00 cuz its annoying with the rollbacks kicks and "server is down maintenance" when the date is set to 18:00 4 june it should be working.
We are going to use stable engine now without adding anything before server launch so it should be okay. Only thing is there may occurs lags at start as always (it's caused due to walkthrough [1k+ players are walking through each other]- but propably I just figured it out by adding an semi exhaust on walkthrough for the server start, just like it is on real).
@GOD Wille very good idea from empty. Also many of the changes looking good. But to make this editiont the best im asking on behalf of everyone. Will bots scripts be blocked and how will the administration deal with botters when players give proof about ppl botting? Can we make a 0 toleranze from the start where players get banned/deleted from bot using?
The changes you mention sound great so far, @GOD Wille ! I think that the change for anti para on askara was already a huge change towards anti botting, since it’s very hard to totally fix this bot problem.

I would rather go with your second idea @Spillevink ,that players should be banned directly if people send in a 100% proof that someone is botting. The main issue here is that we also need to make sure that the teams and especially their leaders do not force the GMs to unban that guy - that happened way too often in the last versions of askara and kasteria. If there‘s a proof that a guy from your guild used bot in fights, accept the ban and don’t say „unban or we leave the server“.
Reports about auto ssa or anty-paralyze were never 100% reports, because it was still possible to push ssa fast when you gave your bp above your equipment and minimized window, same goes to paralyze as if you were lucky you may outheal it wihin milisecond - thats why we decided to try to block these functions and finally we did it, most of WAR bot functions are blocked out [as you may seen on Askara] so there shouldn't be a problem with bots on this edition.

Last edited:
Reports about auto ssa or anty-paralyze were never 100% reports, because it was still possible to push ssa fast when you gave your bp above your equipment and minimized window, same goes to paralyze as if you were lucky you may outheal it wihin milisecond - thats why we decided to try to block these functions and finally we did it, most of WAR bot functions are blocked out [as you may seen on Askara] so there shouldn't be a problem with bots on this edition.
[/QUOTE]

Good, sounds like this edition will be epic! I agree that ppl can drag SSA fast and be lucky with paralyzes. But I've gyazos were people outheal 10paralyzes in a row within miliseconds 😅 Also btw the map links to custom spawns doesnt work on website. Wiki - Kasteria (https://kasteria.pl/wiki/spawns/list)

Which teams are playing anyone know???
Currently there are no teams playing, everyone is waiting 😅 as far as I know there are 3 big teams comming and Im pretty sure some of smaller teams will join aswell

@GOD Wille U answer half of the question what about the second half? Why there is problems with speedboost on higher lvls? I remember after 220-240 lvl(im not sure) u cant reach better speed on Kasteria so for example on one edition people on lvl 350 running same as 220-240 check if u do smth with that or maybe u already fix it on askara(i didint play on this ot).

@GOD Wille U answer half of the question what about the second half? Why there is problems with speedboost on higher lvls? I remember after 220-240 lvl(im not sure) u cant reach better speed on Kasteria so for example on one edition people on lvl 350 running same as 220-240 check if u do smth with that or maybe u already fix it on askara(i didint play on this ot).
There was a speed limit (1000), we have increased it to 1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.