• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] [CUSTOM] Medivia Online - Prophecy [Friday, 14th of December 2018, 20:00 CET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each anti-bot system has its flaws. But definitely servers are clean because of it, and also as addition we have Senior Tutors with ability to ban and Game Masters. So I would say if there is some unspotted bot, he will be in a short time.

'Servers are clean' ' We care ONLY about fair game, and if it will affect the numbers so be it. We dont want FAKE numbers of players that are cheating'

Too late dude, you want this now? How many years has been this server online now? Why u didn't make your job then? When it was 2k players it was hard to make more gms looking for bots / mcs at nights? Its more easy to add runes on shop and remove free spells to fix that 'busy gms'? Now you got what you deserve.

Well, if you are so great in planning forward and dealing with such issues you should definitely start your own game than complain that others dont have same vision as you. We do whats best for our player base. Though it doesnt mean they always have to agree with out choices.

Its not about been great planning, I think that if you gonna make a big update i would make a poll first about what people things if something has to be implemented or removed, always listen to your players they are more important than your server. You had a server for a few years that was doing good with a nice amount of people playing, and then you came 1 day and start making your own decissions / changes, world transfers , scrolls everything we didn't had in those 5 years, results= people quit, less people.

You clearly think these are my own decisions? Well your logic amazes me post after post. Ofcourse the players are important. Both things are equally important to us. But also it seems that you cannot even provide a simple solution to any of the problem, instead you prefer to whine and complain all the time. There wasnt even one solution except "Give me back old 7.4".

Try harder :)

Well i think its you who try harder posting photos here and promote the update after 8 years of server, keep trying

Okay so now there is something wrong with advertising, Exactly what? :D
Do you even have no-complain mode?

Medivia staff delivers in every single update, really, not their problem if u can't enjoy rpg stuff
Also, yes people always find ways to cheat, but they are eventually caught unlike most OTs where staff seems to forget about top levels cheating
Nonetheless Saphron spriting work is beatiful, 7.4 was good only for nostalgia.

Seems like a dead community. Ofcourse you got players but a very boring community. Whole forum is dead. Most threads have posts that were made week ago or longer, go and check for yourself. On some threads even a month +.
If you check trade you got 3 people spamming.

Saphron i do like some of your sprites and custom monster. But this game changed totally in something we oldschool players dislike. We might look negative but all we want is a real oldschool server once again. And you had that.

When Medivia was still Tibia 7.4, it was like a glue that gathered whole 7.4 community and kept it together. Now that it's gone the 7.4 days are coming to an end, sadly. Only warservers and highrates for 3 days left

Last edited:
Seems like a dead community. Ofcourse you got players but a very boring community. Whole forum is dead. Most threads have posts that were made week ago or longer, go and check for yourself. On some threads even a month +.
If you check trade you got 3 people spamming.

Saphron i do like some of your sprites and custom monster. But this game changed totally in something we oldschool players dislike. We might look negative but all we want is a real oldschool server once again. And you had that.

Well forums arent used much because most players use our discord channel for live communication. Join us to see!

Discord.gg/medivia

Hello.
Medivia graphics are not "different style" as staff members and a few ass lickers like to call it, they look straight up bad. They are made by an amateur, who in real life would not be able to land a job as a sprite/graphics designer. A hobbyist like this is only hired for 2 reason: Low budget or not demanding community. Medivia fits in both categories. But even if the community is not as demanding in terms of graphics they still dont like the new sprites, not one bit. They just got used to it. Now, the only element of the game that still holds players is the stolen gameplay mechanics from Tibia 7.4, infinite scaling, addiction to character power increase, etc.

With Prophecy launch, it seemed like there was still hope for Medivia. Many old players who left Medivia long time ago came back to give it another try, and guess what, they kinda liked it here. The wars kept them interested, new content, refreshingly smooth client, just a few things that come to my mind (except for the sprites, they suck). It really looked like Medivia had decent future from there... except not. And to be frank it never had. It was just an illusion and very questionable recent decisions add fuel to Medivias rocket that unfortunately is pointed to the ground.

1. Pendulum permament - took away a part of core servers player base in favor of much less profitable (for Medivia) server.

2. Open transfers between core servers - while you might say it was a good economic decision, it really was not. Transfers between core servers could work decently if the community was 5+ times bigger. Now its a paradise for war refugees which leads to no conflicts and no drive for war players to play Medivia, aka less players overall.

3. Open transfers to Pendulum - possibly the worst decision in Medivia history (other than hiring an amateur to make sprites). Again, short term it was great, good lunch money, but consequences of this are disastrous. You have 40% (at the moment of writing this 242/610 online players are on Pendulum) of your playerbase on a server that requires nothing more than 5 6 7 euro a month to play without any issues due to x 3 loot rate. On top of that you can't transfer back (obviously) and your character is now stuck there. Effectively, with that single stroke, Medivia a) lowered their long term profit, b) Allowed players (who cant think for themselves) transfer to a server they will eventually get bored of and quit, aka less players and lower profit for Medivia.

4. No more tp on pots/movable objects - due to all the above bad decisions Medivia started to look for money elsewhere, again putting faith in their dumb community (or whatever is still left of it) to make up for their mistakes. Enter paid temple scrolls as a equivalent of ever existing in game feature that used to be free. This right here is something you never even think of doing unless you are desperate, which they are and a drowning man will clutch at a straw.

This game looks like its sealed in its coffin for a while now, trying to grab as much as they can before fading away. Which is cool, after all this is not a charity, its a company thats sole goal is to make money. And for such a niche field, Open Tibia Server, they did exceptionally well running the servers for what 8-9 years? I know Medivia is not even comparable other games, but in todays world you have to fight for your customers, drop sweat and tears in order to keep them interested, not screwing them more and more each time you put up a new change log.

@Saphron I know that it's not you making the decisions, and all this hate is not direceted towards you personally, eventho it might seem like it at times. It's because you are the only one taking ur time to actually reply us, and instead of answering our very direct questions and propositions about the future of Medivia - You instead choose to go around the questions, answering us back in a question that has barely anything with the point of what we are syaing to do.

Instead of trying to come up with arguments against everything we say ( which alot is bs, but understandable because you represent a bussiness) Please just bring what we say to the higher ups and just fucking save 7.4 tibia with a Tibianic version, and keep making Medivia as it is now into ur own game as yall want to ! Instead of raising the prem prices and adding CIPSOFT shit to the game for xtra bucks, just use the profits from a tibianic server instead. God knows how long before you can buy EXP boosts on Medivia :p

Kinda gotta agree with everything Ramunium Parapa stated.
Now its a paradise for war refugees which leads to no conflicts and no drive for war
Especially this particular part.

The only thing I still really like about Medivia is the new magic wall sprite but that is basicly it, sadly.

"All good things come to an end"

Last edited:
Well, Iryont said multiple times over the years that his game would never have "pay to win" stuff, but would instead be funded by premium only.
He also said that worlds would never merge, but thats pretty much what he did with by enabling transfers.
He also said pendulum would never be permanent, but instead a way for new players to get into the game.
Probably a bunch of other broken promises aswell. Iryont should've been open for advice from people like myself 😂, but he always thought he knew what was best. He had a real good thing going a couple of years ago, but now it's too late for him as he ruined his own reputation aswell.

edit: Ramonium Parapa, what a read <3 the sprites and outfits looks like utter shit, although mapping doesn't seem terrible from what i've seen

Server is fine. Zero long-term cheaters, active developers and gamemasters who observe cheaters and deal punishments to them.
But.. this step with removing teleports and adding scrolls for teleport is not acceptable. :(
That's sad chubby bunny iryont needs more money to pay rent for Saphron graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back