• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France]Hexera 10.94

FOR FREE POINTS UPON SIGNUP, REGISTER HERE! :)

http://hexera.net/best/ots/1842
UjNl58A.png

Wow, some people seem to be pretty fucking ignorant.

Why do some of you guys expect someone to push updates / improve forever, to an OT with no players? - Specially if you're doing it for them.

In this case, Xinn probably has fixed all the bugs that Ambera had, added a lot content that it didn't have and misc.
If he knows the reason why Ambera lost it's players and has learned from it, is able to provide much better server this time - why not go for it?

It's nearly impossible to make a few month old server grow with < 20 players.
No matter how many major updates you've done to the server, it's very unlikely that the server will grow again up to 100 players.
But instead, if you start a new server - Most people are willing to join the server, give it a shot - if it's perfect for them, they will invite more people. > success.

Might be worth of mentioning:
I didn't personally play Ambera at all, but my brother did for the first few days after the launch. Back then as far as I remember there were some bugs that eventually made him quit.
Lastly, for sure there are OT owners who basically do only resets without doing any changes to get some quick cash. But what I've seen from / been following Ambera, that's not what is happening here, for sure there's some money to make - but if we compare it to the amount of hours spent in developing the OT, hourly wage would be absolutely horrible, which least to me means that, if you're doing this only for the money 1. You won't succeed. 2. You can make more money elsewhere with less effort.
says the guy who had 5-7 resets in less then a year

CEF6y8n.jpg

UjNl58A.png

CEF6y8n.jpg

hmm lets take a look at your started threads in the advertisement board - u've made 6 different servers the past 2 years, please stop whining about others making the same thing you've done
you also have thanatos in your signature which hasn't ever been online for 3 consecutive months and it already had 2 resets and the 3rd will be in a couple of months when the server has went online and become dead again. i will expect to you see crying about thanatos resetting too

also nice items in your shop on ur server helysia, really suits for a rl map server not op at all. mby stop wasting time crying on other ppls threads and improve your server instead since your online record is 7

now rly, stop this fucking crying about reset blabla starting a new server because old one is dead. fucking EVERYONE in the ot community does this and whats wrong with that? new servers are the most fun anyways, there's only a few really old servers online (unline, dblots are a few examples ). and playing on fresh servers is IMO what's most fun in ots, even new real tibia worlds are much more fun than some old one. yes changing name is mby a bit shady but they're not hiding that they're ambera, everyone knows its ambera it even fucking says ambera on their fucking page.

this is pretty much what i wrote in this post https://otland.net/threads/poland-hexera-10-77.231633/#post-2233182 but i later edited it cuz mby thought u learned something from the other guys posts but apparently not

Last edited:
hmm lets take a look at your started threads in the advertisement board - u've made 6 different servers the past 2 years, please stop whining about others making the same thing you've done
you also have thanatos in your signature which hasn't ever been online for 3 consecutive months and it already had 2 resets and the 3rd will be in a couple of months when the server has went online and become dead again. i will expect to you see crying about thanatos resetting too

also nice items in your shop on ur server helysia, really suits for a rl map server not op at all. mby stop wasting time crying on other ppls threads and improve your server instead since your online record is 7

now rly, stop this fucking crying about reset blabla starting a new server because old one is dead. fucking EVERYONE in the ot community does this and whats wrong with that? new servers are the most fun anyways, there's only a few really old servers online (unline, dblots are a few examples ). and playing on fresh servers is IMO what's most fun in ots, even new real tibia worlds are much more fun than some old one

this is pretty much what i wrote in this post https://otland.net/threads/poland-hexera-10-77.231633/#post-2233182 but i later edited it cuz mby thought u learned something from the other guys posts but apparently not
im not crying lol, i dont even plan to play his servers, and yes ive hosted alot of servers (a couple weren't even mine) and the 10.76 real map im hosting is my very first server that ive hosted thats even over 8.60, and ive put so much work into it...ill actually get i working 100% before i put it online official.

and its quite funny that you go through all my post's counting all the servers ive hosted or ran, i find it kinda creepy but im not even upset about it, ive gotten 16 years of tibia experience and about 7-8 into ots, and i might of made some bad dicissions on some of the ots ive hosted o the years, but i will never be a money hungry son of a bitch like some of the hosters on here...if ima make a ot & a name ima keep the name for aslong as possible and not change the name like a few hosters have done, im not saying @ATT3 is a bad hoster or owner, i just think he should get some beta testers before officially putting a server online.

and most of them servers i didnt even work on 100%, i just ran them for fun so i dont even count them as "servers ive hosted" since i just recently just started using this otland account cause my old account got terminated for trying to sell a real tibia account.

also the "items" on my "site shop" arent even OP....the only OP items are the boots and i buffed up the soft boots a little, seems to me you are kinda being a control freak, you should worry about your server (if you even have one, which i doubt).

Edit: Also there are real maps that have the same items that i have on my shop and reach a peak record of 500-1200 players.

Last edited:
Will this edition reach more than 1k players? the best server atm 10.77 was ox server will this be better?
How can OX be the best server at the moment? lol... also OX canceled their project when it was on 10.76 they never lived to see 10.77 and ShadowCore got alot more players (10.77 server)

How can OX be the best server at the moment? lol... also OX canceled their project when it was on 10.76 they never lived to see 10.77 and ShadowCore got alot more players (10.77 server)
nah tho, the reason this server will get more players i think is people have to create umbral weapons, do the quests for gray island, rosh, and oramond making so ppl will actually have to do quests. It is almost just like the ox server was going to do, but the only thing this server didnt do that ox server did was making it so we have to do every access quest.

@ynneK u should make it so they have to do farmine quest, its super easy to do but many ppl wont want to do it right away. also 1 quick question is the equip function gonna be working like amulets and bolts and shit. If so is there a cooldown?

Also take out those stupid fucking 3 custom islands, this is 10.77 not 8.6 there is no reason to add those here since there is plenty to hunt on 10.77

nah tho, the reason this server will get more players i think is people have to create umbral weapons, do the quests for gray island, rosh, and oramond making so ppl will actually have to do quests. It is almost just like the ox server was going to do, but the only thing this server didnt do that ox server did was making it so we have to do every access quest.

@ynneK u should make it so they have to do farmine quest, its super easy to do but many ppl wont want to do it right away. also 1 quick question is the equip function gonna be working like amulets and bolts and shit. If so is there a cooldown?

Also take out those stupid fucking 3 custom islands, this is 10.77 not 8.6 there is no reason to add those here since there is plenty to hunt on 10.77
You dumb or nah? OX Had all the shit you mention and probably more. Every access quest? Except from the normal access quest you already have on ots they only did that you had to make the explorer society/pickaxe mission to get access to Yalahar. you also had the possibilty to craft umbral items OX server. quest for gray island? You already have acces to this island knob, its not necessary to do any quest in order to get access there lol
and lets not forget about these people previous server with all bugs they have, you expect them to have a 100% fully mapped, working oramond u are retarded then

Players will never stop playing shadowcores because of couple reasons. They have not reseted the server since it started (As i know) Everything works like real-tibia.

Regards,
LuckyM

Players will never stop playing shadowcores because of couple reasons. They have not reseted the server since it started (As i know) Everything works like real-tibia.

Regards,
LuckyM
except no real map is 100%, mostly 85%-90%

Hey, will you make an north-america server? for players from mexico, venezuela, brs, etc, i think thus would be a goos idea if hexera continues with 500+ players

UjNl58A.png

CEF6y8n.jpg
And you think I haven't learned anything thus far?

I've indeed done too many resets during the past 1.5 years~ (3 of which, during the last year)
In most cases the I did it because the server had died (no players)
Why have all my server I've had has died? - Multiple reasons, eg:
1. My inexperience with scripting, debugging and managing the OT (in the first 3-5 months~)
2. Unfortunate major bugs (e.g money / level bugs).
3. Ddos attacks and lags in general.
4. Generally, small bugs and lack of content.
All those are main reasons why my OTs have lost it's players in the past.

Having more experience now, I simply can't emphasize it enough, how important is it to have good debugging and scripting skills in this field.
Obviously nobody is born with those skills and it takes time and practice to learn them.
Also, learning from your own mistakes and others is very important. I've done a lot of mistakes and learned from them, yet at this very moment I've got no success story to share.

For those who are interested and are not afraid of reading shit loads of bad written text, here's my story with OTs.
About 3 years ago when I launched my first OT, the motivation behind it was money.
I had no experience in scripting or whatsoever, yet eventually I was able to create an OT by only doing minor changes to the scripts, some remapping and implementing scripts from OTland to my server.
The OT had over 60? player peaks and I was making surprisingly good money with it (200€+ in 1.5 months~). The server lost it's players to dos attacks and shut down.
Then, after 1.5 years ago I started 10+ Dalerium, based on Printers datapack. - In the meantime I had created some "test" OTs, that I had absolutely no success with, but I had learned a bit about lua/html.

After Printer released its 10.~ datapack, I started developing Dalerium, fixed some bugs and tested it for couple of weeks. After opening it, it quickly became surprisingly popular (40+~ players?)
But also, players started finding bugs. Frankly, at this point I still didn't know much about lua and had hard time fixing the bugs.
But, I didn't give up. I kept practising and learing, actually learned a lot in fairly short period of time. Also the OT was doing fairly well, but unfortunately, after few months it died due ddos attacks (if I recall correctly.)
I thought, I was on the verge of success before the attacks, therefore after the OT had no players left, I rested and quickly relaunched it.
This time the OT didn't last that long due a few major bugs, but it peaked over 70 players and I learned a lot lua this time too.
Once again, I just rested the OT and did some minor changes.
The OT launched, reached over 100 players and lasted for few months, but this time it died due the amount of bugs and once again, ddos attacks.
If not earlier, at this point I had realized that I enjoy scripting and developing the OT / website. - It wasn't just about the money anymore.

However, I took a break from developing OTs, instead I went to real tibia and played it with my friends for a while, after a while we decided to go to play some OTs.
As we played the OTs, I thought many times that "I could do this better" and such, which motivated and led me to start another OT again.
I thought, that I want to do it properly this time, no bugs or such and develop the OT with time. and so I did.
After couple of months of developing I started Dalerium, it was quite highrate, not that serious RL map.
The server reached over 130+ players, had bugs but nothing major. but soon - due hosting problems, many players experienced some lags which made the player amount to under to 40 players~
I had no plans the reset the server, however an accident happened. I was about to do a major update for the OT, which required installing another OS, but somehow I managed to hit the reinstall button before saving the database.
Obiviously, the OT died. Also, I had realized that I actually care surprisingly much about, who are playing my OT. Most players playing this "highrate Dalerium", weren't people that I had great discussions with, actually didn't spend much time chatting with them at all. This made me realize that I enjoyed creating an entertaining OT for people who I had pleasure chatting and talking with and money had very little to do with my motivation anymore.
So, I started developing a serious low-rate OT, which was Ducates.
I developed and tested the OT for over 2 months and ran beta. IMO at this point I was able to script / debug fairly well + I didn't feel like I was in rush, so I took time to practice my skills. At this point also the quality of every single thing I did with the OT was at very high level, everything had to be perfect + I started enjoying scripting and developing the website more and more.

Finally I had added a lot new content to the server, fixed a lot of bugs, actually had created 3 different layouts for the website I started the OT.
In the very beginning, there were some bugs which were quickly reported and fixed. After few days the player amount started raising.
However, I was using different host that I was using before, thought it was better, mostly because it was more expensive, but turned out it wsn't.
The OT wsn't stable as it should have had been + we suffered from some ddos attacks, which made the player amount to drop a bit.
After the OT become stable again, we still had quite solid 40-50 players, and a lot plans for the future. So I thought that getting help from someone was very welcome at this point.
For the first time, I started actually working with someone, long story short - he got access and did everything to kill the OT.
Luckily I had backups of the database, was able to restore the server, but unfortunately the latest backup was created over 36 hours before the "shutdown".
This quickly scared away a lot people, player amount quickly dropped to under 15 players. - At this point I've gotta say that I learned a lot more about security and started taking it much much more seriously.(Although, we had never had any security issues before)
I kept developing the OT about every day for the next month~ Did a lot of fixes and added new content, truly believed that the OT could gain more players.
Eventually though, I had spoken with some people and it hit me - the OT couldn't be restored, no matter how good it was. Very few players were willing to join the server because after all.. Tibia is a multiplayer game and it's not as nearly as entertaining alone as it is with others. I had plans to never to reset Ducates, but since the server didn't have any players left and hadn't had any donates for the past 2 months + it never had payed back what I had invested in it, in the first place. I didn't want to keep it alive anymore (pay for dedicated server).
I also had noticed that I didn't enjoy that much developing the OT when it basically had no players left, nor future. After all, I was developing and adding new content for them. - not for me.
TL;DR - I've done a lot mistakes and learned from them. Learned that I really enjoy scripting and learning more about it, which I've grown into more and more. Lastly quality matters more than many might think.

So, yeah. - Have I reached my end of the road with OTs? - Certainly no.
Currently I am creating a website for our new server using devAAC (amazing aac btw.) and learning angularjs. The server itself won't be released anytime soon though, we're adding a lot new content and the server will be tested a lot before even opening beta.

@xx Kami xx Just gotta respond to, "should have tested his servers more before opening", I've gotta say, that in the past I didn't surely test the server enough, but for example, Ducates went through 2-3 month beta phase, while I added new quests and fixed a lot of bugs, yet after the server started - surprisingly players kept finding bugs. > I can almost guarantee that, if you spend a year finding bugs from your server and fixing them. Then start the server and even if there are only 50 players playing, they will find new ones within couple of days.
Sometimes I feel like players have tendency to find bugs, well - some players are looking for bugs and in most cases, that's good.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying that you shouldn't properly test your server, find all the possible bugs.
I am just saying that, finding a single bug from a semi-good server with just a few players can be very hard and time consuming, but with 50+ it's not.

And you think I haven't learned anything thus far?

I've indeed done too many resets during the past 1.5 years~ (3 of which, during the last year)
In most cases the I did it because the server had died (no players)
Why have all my server I've had has died? - Multiple reasons, eg:
1. My inexperience with scripting, debugging and managing the OT (in the first 3-5 months~)
2. Unfortunate major bugs (e.g money / level bugs).
3. Ddos attacks and lags in general.
4. Generally, small bugs and lack of content.
All those are main reasons why my OTs have lost it's players in the past.

Having more experience now, I simply can't emphasize it enough, how important is it to have good debugging and scripting skills in this field.
Obviously nobody is born with those skills and it takes time and practice to learn them.
Also, learning from your own mistakes and others is very important. I've done a lot of mistakes and learned from them, yet at this very moment I've got no success story to share.

For those who are interested and are not afraid of reading shit loads of bad written text, here's my story with OTs.
About 3 years ago when I launched my first OT, the motivation behind it was money.
I had no experience in scripting or whatsoever, yet eventually I was able to create an OT by only doing minor changes to the scripts, some remapping and implementing scripts from OTland to my server.
The OT had over 60? player peaks and I was making surprisingly good money with it (200€+ in 1.5 months~). The server lost it's players to dos attacks and shut down.
Then, after 1.5 years ago I started 10+ Dalerium, based on Printers datapack. - In the meantime I had created some "test" OTs, that I had absolutely no success with, but I had learned a bit about lua/html.

After Printer released its 10.~ datapack, I started developing Dalerium, fixed some bugs and tested it for couple of weeks. After opening it, it quickly became surprisingly popular (40+~ players?)
But also, players started finding bugs. Frankly, at this point I still didn't know much about lua and had hard time fixing the bugs.
But, I didn't give up. I kept practising and learing, actually learned a lot in fairly short period of time. Also the OT was doing fairly well, but unfortunately, after few months it died due ddos attacks (if I recall correctly.)
I thought, I was on the verge of success before the attacks, therefore after the OT had no players left, I rested and quickly relaunched it.
This time the OT didn't last that long due a few major bugs, but it peaked over 70 players and I learned a lot lua this time too.
Once again, I just rested the OT and did some minor changes.
The OT launched, reached over 100 players and lasted for few months, but this time it died due the amount of bugs and once again, ddos attacks.
If not earlier, at this point I had realized that I enjoy scripting and developing the OT / website. - It wasn't just about the money anymore.

However, I took a break from developing OTs, instead I went to real tibia and played it with my friends for a while, after a while we decided to go to play some OTs.
As we played the OTs, I thought many times that "I could do this better" and such, which motivated and led me to start another OT again.
I thought, that I want to do it properly this time, no bugs or such and develop the OT with time. and so I did.
After couple of months of developing I started Dalerium, it was quite highrate, not that serious RL map.
The server reached over 130+ players, had bugs but nothing major. but soon - due hosting problems, many players experienced some lags which made the player amount to under to 40 players~
I had no plans the reset the server, however an accident happened. I was about to do a major update for the OT, which required installing another OS, but somehow I managed to hit the reinstall button before saving the database.
Obiviously, the OT died. Also, I had realized that I actually care surprisingly much about, who are playing my OT. Most players playing this "highrate Dalerium", weren't people that I had great discussions with, actually didn't spend much time chatting with them at all. This made me realize that I enjoyed creating an entertaining OT for people who I had pleasure chatting and talking with and money had very little to do with my motivation anymore.
So, I started developing a serious low-rate OT, which was Ducates.
I developed and tested the OT for over 2 months and ran beta. IMO at this point I was able to script / debug fairly well + I didn't feel like I was in rush, so I took time to practice my skills. At this point also the quality of every single thing I did with the OT was at very high level, everything had to be perfect + I started enjoying scripting and developing the website more and more.

Finally I had added a lot new content to the server, fixed a lot of bugs, actually had created 3 different layouts for the website I started the OT.
In the very beginning, there were some bugs which were quickly reported and fixed. After few days the player amount started raising.
However, I was using different host that I was using before, thought it was better, mostly because it was more expensive, but turned out it wsn't.
The OT wsn't stable as it should have had been + we suffered from some ddos attacks, which made the player amount to drop a bit.
After the OT become stable again, we still had quite solid 40-50 players, and a lot plans for the future. So I thought that getting help from someone was very welcome at this point.
For the first time, I started actually working with someone, long story short - he got access and did everything to kill the OT.
Luckily I had backups of the database, was able to restore the server, but unfortunately the latest backup was created over 36 hours before the "shutdown".
This quickly scared away a lot people, player amount quickly dropped to under 15 players. - At this point I've gotta say that I learned a lot more about security and started taking it much much more seriously.(Although, we had never had any security issues before)
I kept developing the OT about every day for the next month~ Did a lot of fixes and added new content, truly believed that the OT could gain more players.
Eventually though, I had spoken with some people and it hit me - the OT couldn't be restored, no matter how good it was. Very few players were willing to join the server because after all.. Tibia is a multiplayer game and it's not as nearly as entertaining alone as it is with others. I had plans to never to reset Ducates, but since the server didn't have any players left and hadn't had any donates for the past 2 months + it never had payed back what I had invested in it, in the first place. I didn't want to keep it alive anymore (pay for dedicated server).
I also had noticed that I didn't enjoy that much developing the OT when it basically had no players left, nor future. After all, I was developing and adding new content for them. - not for me.
TL;DR - I've done a lot mistakes and learned from them. Learned that I really enjoy scripting and learning more about it, which I've grown into more and more. Lastly quality matters more than many might think.

So, yeah. - Have I reached my end of the road with OTs? - Certainly no.
Currently I am creating a website for our new server using devAAC (amazing aac btw.) and learning angularjs. The server itself won't be released anytime soon though, we're adding a lot new content and the server will be tested a lot before even opening beta.

@xx Kami xx Just gotta respond to, "should have tested his servers more before opening", I've gotta say, that in the past I didn't surely test the server enough, but for example, Ducates went through 2-3 month beta phase, while I added new quests and fixed a lot of bugs, yet after the server started - surprisingly players kept finding bugs. > I can almost guarantee that, if you spend a year finding bugs from your server and fixing them. Then start the server and even if there are only 50 players playing, they will find new ones within couple of days.
Sometimes I feel like players have tendency to find bugs, well - some players are looking for bugs and in most cases, that's good.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying that you shouldn't properly test your server, find all the possible bugs.
I am just saying that, finding a single bug from a semi-good server with just a few players can be very hard and time consuming, but with 50+ it's not.
im not saying your ots are bad, ive played through 3 resets, its just when i work so hard to level and have it all taken away i mean sure you gave the points back (which im sure you don do that anymore) but it was still hard to level.

Its ambera v2 .. ot only for month max :/ Xiin allways cheating and ban good server in his otlist .. #fuckthesystem
probably after a month he started with this same but different name : ) idk what people see in this ot but this is not my problem , i just know one month and we see again advertisment HEXETA.NET :D

@homarwh @Oddfuture253 We have plans to create a north american server, probably in late May/early June.

@ReweR Oh God, another envy noob... Of course I sometimes ban good servers on otservlist, if they cheat I don't care if they are good or not good. What matters is spoofing.

Dude does anyone else's client not let them login sometimes after changing ip?... it works randomly, fuck, taking forever to get back on

I would rather play a server which is up-to-date with real tibia and got "85%" of Tibias current map than Hexera with "100%" real map but shits bugged every sqm lmao
Agreed. This looks like nothing special, I'm surprised it has 60 players online.