• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] InsanityOT 8.6 7171|CUSTOM|HIGHEXP|PRESTIGE RANKS|CUSTOM MAP|500+ MONSTERS|100+ BOSSES

Anddddd server gets DDos'd
The server is not experiencing any unusual load of traffic (no malicious traffic/DDOS) nor are there any active problems with the datacenter.
CPU usage is at 21% so not the problem either.
Thus I would advise to investigate if there are any bad scripts being run on the server or if there has been a mysql injection perhaps which is causing the system to fuck up.

The server is not experiencing any unusual load of traffic (no malicious traffic/DDOS) nor are there any active problems with the datacenter.
Thus I would advise to investigate if there are any bad scripts being run on the server or if there has been a mysql injection perhaps which is causing the system to fuck up.
I think he just assumed Ddos since it's unusual for a crash at this hour :p dunno though

My question is then what would cause not only the server to go offline but also for the website? And when I tried to do a tracert to the host ip it would timeout with no connection to the host?

~edit~ And I'm not trying to sound like a dick it's an honest question lol

My question is then what would cause not only the server to go offline but also for the website? And when I tried to do a tracert to the host ip it would timeout with no connection to the host?

I can connect to the website o_O

Hello
http://insanityot.hopto.org/ is up for me.
Tracert works fine for me. I don't know about any earlier conditions but serverside everything seems fine.
If you try to ping please know that ICMP is disabled by default on windows server. Thus ping will always show "connection timed out" unless ICMP is enabled on the vps.

Last edited:
Hello
http://insanityot.hopto.org/ is up for me.
Tracert works fine for me. I don't know about any earlier conditions but serverside everything seems fine.
If you try to ping please know that ICMP is disabled by default on windows server. Thus ping will always show "connection timed out" unless ICMP is enabled on the vps.
And again. Earlier site was unresponsive so doesn't matter if it is right now or not? I'm not going to argue over nothing lol

And again. Earlier site was unresponsive so doesn't matter if it is right now or not? I'm not going to argue over nothing lol
I am not even arguing. I believe you if you say the site was unavailable. All I am saying there seems to be no server side issue.

I think i have a restarter tool. Might upload it to otl cloud when i find it :)

Server is online, removed hybrid summoning spell temporarily till I've fixed it. Seems like it caused the server to crash as it was the last error to be continuously showing up on the console.

That would be awesome, I think this may be like the third time it's crashed while the owner slept :p
Doesnt seem to be on my flash drive so prolly in germany where i cant reach it :(
I believe i have seen it at V**** but cant say for sure.

Doesnt seem to be on my flash drive so prolly in germany where i cant reach it :(
I believe i have seen it at V**** but cant say for sure.
Will it still restart tho even tho the server gets a "Forgottenserver.exe has stopped working" error?

And server crashed yet again. This is getting painful

Will it still restart tho even tho the server gets a "Forgottenserver.exe has stopped working" error?

And server crashed yet again. This is getting painful
I believe it does (not too sure though). Havent used it in quite a while

Would be handy dandy to have in the long run

& Debugs are back with assassins. I've debugged 3 times in 10 minutes CBA logging in again

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding back Hybrid spells to the game so restarting. Serv should be back up any minute for those of u who didnt see broadcast