• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i have 1 problem
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation.
that means i cnapt login in phpmyadmi D:

EDIT:
1.20 I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.

o_O wut?

Nice guide, thanks for helping the community!!
Rep++.

Hey, just a question, i hope you can help me.
I have a project in which i'm using Mysql + .Net framework for the website.
These last configurations you say, about "sha1" encryption, do you think will help still my site to be secure?

Hey. When im trying to open the config.inc.php it just coming up nothing? its just a white blank page..

When i try and install apache i get debug pops up saying "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Apache.exe[3324]" as well as in the cmd-prompt window i get this

MySQL service not enabled in config.inc.php
Or disabled by a user parameter

Apache port = 80 - OK to run Apache service
SSL not enabled skipping port test.
Apache Syntax check - Syntax OK
Installing ApacheS1 Service ...

Installing the ApacheS1 service
The ApacheS1 service is successfully installed.
Testing httpd.conf....
Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

When i run Server Status (all ports are openned as needed, and nothing is being blocked by firewall)

================== UNIFORM SERVER STATUS ==================

Accessible from Internet = NO
Cron run status = Not running
PHP INI: php.ini file = Production

APACHE SERVER:

Apache port = 80
Apache SSL port = 443
Apache executable name = Apache.exe
Apache service name = ApacheS1
Apache SSL server = Disabled
Apache run status = Not running
Apache install status = Undefined!

MySQL SERVER:

MySQL port = 3306
MySQL executable name = mysqld-opt.exe
MySQL service name = MySQLS1
MySQL run status = Running
MySQL install status = Installed as a service

PORT STATUS:

Apache port = 80 Undefined!
Apache SSL port = 443 Undefined!
MySQL port = 3306 In use by this server

Press any key to continue . . .

Okay, so I did everything what this guide says, it helped me and I got the same server as in this guide. I set up everything right and I did every step as told.

Now, when I open up my ports (7171, 7272, 80), and put my ip adres (83.83.18.142) in config.lua. People still can't connect to my OT-server. They see the character list, but when they try to login they get a connection timed out error. I can connect to the OT server myself tho. I also did everything in the Modern AAC guide and I can see it myself, but others don't.

Anyone help?

Edit: Accesable from the internet: NO. I'm a noob, I know; how to do this?
Edit2: Since this evening I can't even login to phpMyAdmin anymore, I enter the right username and password but it says: phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

Please help me with my questions

Edit2 is fixed, but please help me with the other things.

Thanks.

Quackstar.

Last edited:
I AM ON VACATION! I won't be able to help you as fast as normal! Sorry. :p

dude i have 1 problem
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation.
that means i cnapt login in phpmyadmi D:

EDIT:
1.20 I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.

o_O wut?

Remember to enable the pdo_mysql extention in php.ini. Check my other tutorial here:
http://otland.net/f137/website-installing-modern-aac-uniform-server-91951/

For further information.

Nice guide, thanks for helping the community!!
Rep++.

Hey, just a question, i hope you can help me.
I have a project in which i'm using Mysql + .Net framework for the website.
These last configurations you say, about "sha1" encryption, do you think will help still my site to be secure?

It will absolutely help you, but there are still tons of other ways to penetrate the security. A hole is a hole, and everybody who finds it may jump through it.

Hey. When im trying to open the config.inc.php it just coming up nothing? its just a white blank page..

Make sure to open it with notepad or notepad++ (google it and download it, its great)!

When i try and install apache i get debug pops up saying "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Apache.exe[3324]" as well as in the cmd-prompt window i get this

MySQL service not enabled in config.inc.php
Or disabled by a user parameter

Apache port = 80 - OK to run Apache service
SSL not enabled skipping port test.
Apache Syntax check - Syntax OK
Installing ApacheS1 Service ...

Installing the ApacheS1 service
The ApacheS1 service is successfully installed.
Testing httpd.conf....
Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

When i run Server Status (all ports are openned as needed, and nothing is being blocked by firewall)

================== UNIFORM SERVER STATUS ==================

Accessible from Internet = NO
Cron run status = Not running
PHP INI: php.ini file = Production

APACHE SERVER:

Apache port = 80
Apache SSL port = 443
Apache executable name = Apache.exe
Apache service name = ApacheS1
Apache SSL server = Disabled
Apache run status = Not running
Apache install status = Undefined!

MySQL SERVER:

MySQL port = 3306
MySQL executable name = mysqld-opt.exe
MySQL service name = MySQLS1
MySQL run status = Running
MySQL install status = Installed as a service

PORT STATUS:

Apache port = 80 Undefined!
Apache SSL port = 443 Undefined!
MySQL port = 3306 In use by this server

Press any key to continue . . .

The reason the status is undefined is because the program is not allowed to check the status. Check the permissions for the program, are you logged in with your administrator account? Is the location to Uniform Server directly on C:\UniServer?

im new here and i dont know how to get mmy server online please help!

Read some portforwarding tutorials, there are already a few of them on otland.

Okay, so I did everything what this guide says, it helped me and I got the same server as in this guide. I set up everything right and I did every step as told.

Now, when I open up my ports (7171, 7272, 80), and put my ip adres (83.83.18.142) in config.lua. People still can't connect to my OT-server. They see the character list, but when they try to login they get a connection timed out error. I can connect to the OT server myself tho. I also did everything in the Modern AAC guide and I can see it myself, but others don't.

Anyone help?

Edit: Accesable from the internet: NO. I'm a noob, I know; how to do this?
Edit2: Since this evening I can't even login to phpMyAdmin anymore, I enter the right username and password but it says: phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

Please help me with my questions

Edit2 is fixed, but please help me with the other things.

Thanks.

Quackstar.

To verify that your ports are correctly ported, check this link:
VAPus - Canihost

I port forward my ports, but Open Port Check Tool says it's closed.
I never had problems with opening ports since now (I got a new computer). Is something blocking it?

If you are having problems with your porting. Enter your router (where you open ports)

BUT! Instead of just opening those ports, look for "DMZ host" and pass your IP to it.

Also make sure the local IP you add to the router is the one assigned to your computer. This change frequently, so you might want to make a static IP for your computer, I might make a tutorial for that later on.

edit: Just so you know, DMZ host will port all ports to your computer. But because of that, the security is reduced.

Last edited:
Portforwarding

To verify that your ports are correctly ported, check this link:
VAPus - Canihost

cannothost.png

Portforwarded these 3, but they aren't open, for some reason.

If you are having problems with your porting. Enter your router (where you open ports)

BUT! Instead of just opening those ports, look for "DMZ host" and pass your IP to it.

Also make sure the local IP you add to the router is the one assigned to your computer. This change frequently, so you might want to make a static IP for your computer, I might make a tutorial for that later on.

edit: Just so you know, DMZ host will port all ports to your computer. But because of that, the security is reduced.

I already made my own static IP adress, so it won't change.

But what is DMZ exactly? Because I don't want a virus hell onto my computer. Could you explain it more? And would DMZ open up the ports?

EDIT: For some reason VAPus now says:

canhost.png

But the Uniform Server Status says:

serverstatusuniformserv.png

So can I host now? Or are people still not able to connect? If so, how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Quackstar.

Last edited:
I was using sqlite database for my server, can i import all my old playerS?

Hey Znote thxs for response, hope vacation going well!
Im logged into admin account, i believe the permission are set up to allow. Nothing should be blocking it. It worked when i was using xampp, but when i deleted it and installed this, all of a sudden bunch of issues are occuring with Apache. Finally uniserver is installed in c:.

Edit:
Fixed my own issue, turned out that having php 5 installed was creating some sort of conflict, so i removed it and reinstalled uniserver seems to work now!

Last edited:

cannothost.png

Portforwarded these 3, but they aren't open, for some reason.

I already made my own static IP adress, so it won't change.

But what is DMZ exactly? Because I don't want a virus hell onto my computer. Could you explain it more? And would DMZ open up the ports?

EDIT: For some reason VAPus now says:

canhost.png

But the Uniform Server Status says:

serverstatusuniformserv.png

So can I host now? Or are people still not able to connect? If so, how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Quackstar.

You ported the 3 ports with only TCP, make sure to port UDP as well.

DMZ host will make all traffic priority to the IP assigned. Meaning all ports will be open for 1 computer on the network. Having it like that will make it possible for outsiders to mess through your mysql port for an example, so your computer is more vulnerable. It is not recommended, but its better than nothing.

Uniform Server - Server Status, it says "NO" in accessible from the internet, but this is buggy. Don't worry about it, my webserver works perfectly from the internet, but it still says the same message on Server Status.

I was using sqlite database for my server, can i import all my old playerS?

I don't think so, I did it a while ago, and it was messy and halfway bugged.

Hey Znote thxs for response, hope vacation going well!
Im logged into admin account, i believe the permission are set up to allow. Nothing should be blocking it. It worked when i was using xampp, but when i deleted it and installed this, all of a sudden bunch of issues are occuring with Apache. Finally uniserver is installed in c:.

Edit:
Fixed my own issue, turned out that having php 5 installed was creating some sort of conflict, so i removed it and reinstalled uniserver seems to work now!

Great you solved your problem! :D

Why does it comes
"the webbsite couldnt show" in the webbsite??
I cant do anything.. I dont know why? Please help!!!

Why does it comes
"the webbsite couldnt show" in the webbsite??
I cant do anything.. I dont know why? Please help!!!

Make sure apache is working properly and that you used correctly address

You ported the 3 ports with only TCP, make sure to port UDP as well.

DMZ host will make all traffic priority to the IP assigned. Meaning all ports will be open for 1 computer on the network. Having it like that will make it possible for outsiders to mess through your mysql port for an example, so your computer is more vulnerable. It is not recommended, but its better than nothing.

Uniform Server - Server Status, it says "NO" in accessible from the internet, but this is buggy. Don't worry about it, my webserver works perfectly from the internet, but it still says the same message on Server Status.

Thanks, you solved my problem. <3

Quackstar.

Do I need to open port 80 even if I don't want others to see the page? Cuz It's closed right now and website isn't working.
Can't connect to MySQL database.

Last edited:
hey znote can u help me set this up on a dedicated server?

Hello, ive re-installed my computer lately. I wen´t back to start hosting again so i had to install everything again. Ive my ports open and ive uninstalled skype (use to block port 80) But theres still something wrong. I can´t install either apache or mysql. The server status says that port 80 and 3306 is in use by other program. I dont have xampp installed. Also i have tried to download different programs to check what is blocking just these port without any good result. I have also inactivated the anit virus and the firewall. Still nothing happends. Is there any possibility that you could give me a helping hand ? :)

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back