• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient GA4 (Google Analytics) in OTC/OTCv8?

I am wondering - what would you like to analyse? Like what options are enabled on the client or what panels are used? Did I miss something?

I am wondering - what would you like to analyse? Like what options are enabled on the client or what panels are used? Did I miss something?

1. Players retention (how effectively you turn new users into returning users and what percentage of users keep coming back);
2. Engagement (user activity by event count, the number of times users engage in game play, and the number of times users initiate game play (sessions).)
3. Acquisition (the numbers of new users and the methods of acquisition (e.g., medium, source, campaign, ad network).)

Any analytics data benefits the server owner, as it gives you clues about what needs improvements and where to look for pain points. The more information you can collect about your players, their playstyle, retention, etc., the better decisions you can make updating your game or product.

Even simple improvements like changing button order might significantly improve users' experience, which is important for me as an owner with strong UX background.

--

I don't think we have any analytics tools built right now, right?

Just use HTTP.post, no need for a websocket. You can link every action to a POST, mimicing that you are changing page on a website.

However, If you have good code knowledge, I would suggest your own analytics collection yourself as it will be much more specific to the data you want to collect. I am not sure that google analytics allows custom events, although I haven't checked this.

1. Players retention (how effectively you turn new users into returning users and what percentage of users keep coming back);
2. Engagement (user activity by event count, the number of times users engage in game play, and the number of times users initiate game play (sessions).)
3. Acquisition (the numbers of new users and the methods of acquisition (e.g., medium, source, campaign, ad network).)

And why would you want to implement this client-side when all of your points can be done server-side?

Not really... You might want to gather hardware data as well. Server can't read that.
Did he mention hardware data?

Also, the client can send hardware data that you can connect with the account, so yes, server can have that information also. Everything else is just performing crafted sql queries.

Did he mention hardware data?
He didn't mention anything specific, but based on the fact that he is trying to recreate Google Analytics, gathering advanced data is not an unusual thing.

Also, the client can send hardware data that you can connect with the account, so yes, server can have that information also. Everything else is just performing crafted sql queries.
Which can be made client side without involving the server and making it process more unnecessary data. It's just simple POST with JSON, there is no reason for the server to handle this.

LOL, I am kinda happy that I've created a thread that you guys enjoy!

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Back
Top Bottom