• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Game idea

dday9

Reaction score
I'm a pretty decent programmer. I know vb.net very well, c# ok, and c++... ehh. Anyways, I've already created quite a few games:
  1. Pong
  2. Brick Breaker
  3. Tic-Tac-Toe
  4. Tron - Lightcycles
  5. Hangman
  6. Connect4
  7. Plinko
  8. Simon

the two most recent achievements that I've done is I've created a 2d tile map engine and a 2d tile map creator. So what I'm wanting to do is create a 2d tile based RPG. It won't be an MMO, just an RPG. So my question to y'all is... should I try to recreate a game, if so which game, or should I try and create my own(I'm not very creative...)?

- - - Updated - - -

I take it that these forums don't get a lot of post anymore?

My problem is that I'm not creative. Should I pay someone to write me up a story line, or just try to think of something?

If it's a learning experience, put whatever in it really. Whatever you feel could be fun, put it in and fuck around with it :D
Something along Zelda or Pokemon could be nice though if you wanna get people to also try it out, there's a demand on those it seems. If you wanna take on some other genre, you could go for a platformer

My problem is that I'm not creative. Should I pay someone to write me up a story line, or just try to think of something?

You should try reading League of Legend's lore and making a game out of it :D

Something along Zelda or Pokemon could be nice though if you wanna get people to also try it out, there's a demand on those it seems.

That's what I was thinking. The map editor/engine has a Zelda/Pokémon/Tibia feel too it. Only the engine has more of a Tibia feel where the map moves and the character stays in the same place.

You should try reading League of Legend's lore and making a game out of it

Never heard of it, perhaps I'll read it.

and then have riot at your doorstep, perfect plan!

Maybe not then :p

arnt rpgs all the same anyways? :p
Make one game equal to tibia! No quests just slaying monsters & farming stuff :) there are too few of these games as far as i know!

As in no MMO, do you mean a offline game? Because I'd play the shit out of a MMO Zelda-Tibia game.

As in no MMO, do you mean a offline game? Because I'd play the shit out of a MMO Zelda-Tibia game.

Yeah, I haven't worked with sockets to much, so it'll be offline and single player.

I've been doing some thinking and I think I might make an endless game where mods are encouraged. I'd just release my map creator and allow player to create their own maps to port into the game. I'd also allow for custom weapons and monsters.

Yeah, I haven't worked with sockets to much, so it'll be offline and single player.

I've been doing some thinking and I think I might make an endless game where mods are encouraged. I'd just release my map creator and allow player to create their own maps to port into the game. I'd also allow for custom weapons and monsters.

Focus on a Zelda-type of a game, that isn't endless but longer than the actual Zelda game, similar story also, but bring a Tibia-feel to it by adding monster looting and equipment farming throughout the game. Game name should be Adlez

I'm serious, it would be hilarious and it would make a good game :)

I'm serious, it would be hilarious and it would make a good game :)

I'll work on it then. Like I said, I have the map engine/editor down all I would need to create is the character/item class and then the rest would be ai/logic which are some of the tougher parts, but doable..

I'll work on it then. Like I said, I have the map engine/editor down all I would need to create is the character/item class and then the rest would be ai/logic which are some of the tougher parts, but doable..

Awesome, can't wait :D

The bold part is pretty much Garry's Mod eh?

Garry's Mod?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, after doing s'more thinking. Which Zelda should I base it after? I loved 'Links Awakening' so I was thinking that one, but 'Oracle of <seasons/ages>' was pretty bad ass too.

Back
Top Bottom