• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Game mechanics through time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peonso

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
edit July 2015, Most recent data here: Guilcera

I'm editing a 7.72 data pack and got some problems regarding finding accurate information about game mechanics. I'm aiming to use this thread as a trustable resource to get this kind of info, about formulas, game mechanics and such. Feel free to contribute with information, sources or suggestions.

#1 Damage Formulas
- Melee
Code:
Your max damage is:
0.06*skill*WeaponAtk*d
Where d is your damage factor:
Full Attack: 1
Balanced: 7/10
Full Defence: 1/2
Your damage is a random number between 0 and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by defenses (if it's reduced to a value below 1 by shield = poof, by armor = sparks).
Code:
Your max damage is:
(0.085*skill*WeaponAtk*d)+(level/5)
Balanced: 3/4
Your damage is a random number between 0 and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by defenses (if it's reduced to a value below 1 by shield = poof, by armor = sparks).
- Distance
Code:
Your min damage is:
level/5
Your max damage is:
(0.065*skill*WeaponAtk*d)
Your damage is a random number between min damage rounded down and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by armor (if reduced below 1 = sparks).
Code:
Your min damage is:
level/5
Your max damage is:
(0.09*skill*WeaponAtk*d)+(level/5)
Your damage is a random number between min damage rounded down and your max damage rounded down, note that it can still be reduced by armor (if reduced below 1 = sparks).
Code:
Your min damage is:
level/5
Your max damage is:
((0.085*skill*WeaponAtk)+(1/3*WeaponAtk))*d
Balanced: 5/6
Your damage is a random number between min damage rounded to the nearby integer and your max damage rounded to the nearby integer, note that it can still be reduced by armor (if reduced below 1 = sparks).
Code:
Your chance to hit has a ceiling depending on your weapon of choice and on your distance of the target.
TibiaNews. Let the spears fly and Formulae
Where x is you Distance Skill.
qQ3HKFZ.png

Research
gzR2GQf.png
Code:
Throwing Stars = 9% break rate
Viper Stars = 9%
Throwing Knives = 7%
Hunting Spears = 6%
Spears = 3%
Small Stones = 3%
Royal Spears = 2%
Enchanted Spears = 2%

Your distance and battle stance do not affect the break rate.
- Shielding and Armor
Code:
Shielding Reduction

Min armor reduction = Armor*0.475
Max armor reduction = (Armor*0.95)-1
- Burst Arrows
Code:
- Spells
Nearby all spells are based on this formula level*2 + magiclevel*3, I will call it MAGIC_FORMULA. Each spell has a min and a max factor that is multiplied by the previous formula. If any of this values are below the spell base value, the base value is picked instead. Your damage will be them a random number between min and max values.

Spell/Rune name : spell words : base value
min value : max value
Code:
Light Healing : exura : 10
min = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.08 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.33

Intense Healing : exura gran : 0
Intense Healing Rune : adura gran : 0
min = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.335 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.58

Heal Friend : exura sio

Ultimate Healing : exura vita : 250
Ultimate Healing Rune : adura vita : 250

Mass Healing : exura gran mas res

Force Strike : exori mort : 0
min = (MAGIC_FORMULA*0.18)-30 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.33

Energy Strike : exori vis : 10
Fire Strike : exori flam : 10
min = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.25 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.55

Light Magic Missile  : adori : (20 only for max)
min = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.1 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*0.2

Fireball : adori flam

Fire Wave : exevo flam hur

Energy Beam : exevo vis lux

Great Fireball : adori gran flam

Heavy Magic Missile : adori gran

Sudden Death : adori vita vis

Great Energy Beam : exevo gran vis lux

Explosion : adevo mas hur

Energy Wave : exevo mort hur

Ultimate Explosion : exevo gran mas vis : 250
min = (MAGIC_FORMULA*2.3)-30 : max = MAGIC_FORMULA*3.0

Berserk : exori
min = level*2.2 : max = level 3.85

Envenom : adevo res pox
http://web.archive.org/web/20071226005110/http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Envenom

Soulfire : adevo res flam
http://web.archive.org/web/20071224201838/http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Soulfire

Poison Storm : exevo gran mas pox
http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_Storm

Last edited:
#2 Players
- Skills
Code:
- Regeneration
Code:
Druid (1hp/12sec, 2mana/3sec)
Elder Druid (1hp/12sec, 2mana/2sec)
Sorcerer (1hp/12sec, 2mana/3sec)
Master Sorcerer (1hp/12sec, 2mana/2sec)
Paladin (1hp/8sec, 2mana/4sec)
Royal Paladin (1hp/6sec, 2mana/3sec)
Knight (1hp/6sec, 2mana/6sec)
Elite Knight (1hp/4sec, 2mana/6sec)

* Manafluids
Manafluid restored between 20-75 mana, costed 100gp
Update 7.5 - Manafluid restored between 50-150 mana, costed 55gp
Update 8.1 - Manafluids are discontinued, they added Mana Potions

* Life Ring
20 minutes - 400 mana (1mana/3sec) - 400 hp (1hp/3sec)
Update 7.6 - 20 minutes - 1600 mana (8mana/6sec) - 400 hp (2hp/6sec)

* Ring of Healing
7,5 minutes - 800? mana - 450 hp
Update 7.6 - 7,5 minutes - 1800 mana (24mana/6sec) - 450 hp (6hp/6sec)
- Speed
Code:
Base speed is 220 (level 1), each level you gain 2 speed
Haste (Utani Hur) is a spell that will raise your speed. Your speed will change to your unmodified speed (not including Boots of Haste or Time Ring) * 1.3 - 24 for about 30 seconds.
Strong Haste (Utani Gran Hur) is a spell that will also raise your speed, but it will raise it more so than the regular haste spell. Your speed will change to your unmodified speed (not including Boots of Haste or Time Ring) * 1.7 - 56 for about 20 seconds.
Items (+2 speed = +1 level)
Paralysis is a special condition. When you have this condition, this icon will appear in your condition slot (beneath the ring slot): Slowed Icon When you are paralyzed, your speed will be greatly decreased, also any haste spells will be worn off, and will not return when paralysis is removed. This is dangerous especially for paladins and mages due to their usually low defense, so if you are hunting monsters like mummies and vampires, save mana or healing runes so you can stop the paralysis by healing yourself. A simple 'exura' would be enough. Being paralyzed is usually not that dangerous for knights, unless they are trying to escape. By information obtained in the Flash Client (in the character profile page while online and fighting monsters than can cause paralysis) is possible to know how many speed levels are temporarily lost. The effect of paralysis is not stackable (for example, a mummy can reduce your speed from 53 to 113 levels, if in its first cast you lose 90 levels, a second cast by the same or a other mummy can make it change from -90 to -105 or -60, meaning that if the spell is casted upon you a second time you can actually lose or recover few speed levels). With this information, is posible that a player loses more speed levels that his/her actual level. For example, using again the paralysis of the mummy, a level 51 character with a base speed of 160 (more information on speed page) that loses 90 speed levels by the effect of the monster paralysis, will end up with a base speed of 70 until the spell wears off or has been cancelled by healing. The base speed of a level 1 is 110, meaning that the player level 51 of this example will move slower than a level 1.

Last edited:
#3 Mechanics and Updates
Code:
Missing info
* Parcel/Boxes traps
* Rope working with items on
* Luring monsters from holes

Quest system.

Party system.
Skull system.

Soul system.
Monsters pulled to far from respaw vanish.
Spears can break.
Small Stones, Throwing Knives and Throwing Stars can be reused.

Spears will break about 3,075% of the time.
Throwing Star will break about 10% of the time.
Throwing Knive will break about 7% of the time.
Small stones will break about 3% of the time.

Mana regen speed up 4 times. The amount of mana required for spells is adjusted accordingly.
Spells changed from a magic level based requeriment to a level requeriment.
Wand and Rods are introduced.

Item hotkeys.
Stamina system.

Questlog.
Money bank account.

Game formulas revamped. Increasing attack damage for Knights and Paladins, making attack spell/rune damage more based on magic level, and implementing level requirements for many weapons.
Spears automatically return to your hand when they haven't broke.
Defende modifier on weapons.

Mana and Health potions. Manafluid discontinued.
Element system changed.
Shared experience.

Changed death penality and blessing system. With all blesses you don't need amulet of loss.
2-second-delay for fighting after changing floor level or teleporting. Stairhopping without getting hit is no longer possible.

Runes and potions became stackable.
Autostack items at inventory.

Spells cooldowns.

Characters can now always log out in a protection zone regardless of whether or not the logout block is active.

#4 Sources

Last edited:
Do you know how much life fluids was in 7.x ?

Small Stones, Throwing Knives and Throwing Stars can be reused.
After this update, those items start to drop on the floor after use or just didn't remove from your hand until the item broke?

After this update, those items start to drop on the floor after use or just didn't remove from your hand until the item broke?

I'm not sure, since "Spears automatically return to your hand when they haven't broke." just came with 8.0.

I dont want to create new thread, so I refresh this one (Google gives me this as best result)

Does anyone have good site/something containing info about old runes?

I need those paramters:
Mana need to create
Mlvl need to use
Charges

Thanks

Reversing the released cipsoft server would give you the info you need for sure, finding it on the other hand is not that easy :p

any1 know 7.4 burst dmg formula? none of the calculators include it

Tibia Library Official Tibia Library (2005)
Tibiacity: Damage calculator Old TibiaCity Calculator (2007)
Formula - TibiaWiki - a Wikia wiki Old TibiaWiki (2007)

Thank you, hose link helped me.

I need only Exevo flam hur old formula now. I can;t find it on the whole internet :\

Also do you guys have something informations about old exhaust? Exori mort/vis exhausts was 2secs? What about healing runes and spells, do they had the same 2sec exhaust?

Thank you, hose link helped me.

I need only Exevo flam hur old formula now. I can;t find it on the whole internet :\

Also do you guys have something informations about old exhaust? Exori mort/vis exhausts was 2secs? What about healing runes and spells, do they had the same 2sec exhaust?

Spell Formulas

As you can see there is no backup data for the Exevo Flam Hur formula, but it "seems" consistent. This regarding exhaust rules:

Exhaust System · Issue #144 · TwistedScorpio/OTHire · GitHub

Also some more links for this thread compendium.

Distance attacks are blocked by shield.
Guilcera

Just some new discovery my guy @Kungenn made. I always thought monster chance to cast spells where changed by range, I actually got some reliable research on this, but never really figured it out completely. The case was that the chance never actually changed, what varies is the interval between spells. While at melee range the interval is 2 seconds, while at far range it's 1 second. It's easy to test at any real tibia server or old leaked 7.7 server. Get a warlock to attack you, you will see it spam spells at 1 second interval, corner it at melee range, the interval is suddenly 2 seconds.

Most oldschool ots has monster interval to cast spells set as 2 seconds for all spells, making monsters really easy regardless of conditions.

@Joshwa534

@Emky some late reply, life fluids where 25 to 75 at 7.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back