• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Hey! I like to play oldschool servers (7.4-7.7) because of the PVP-system.

How does the PVP-system work here? How does skull system work? Can you drop items whend dying? Do you always drop your backpack? Is blessing allways 50k? etc etc.

Thanks!

Hey! I like to play oldschool servers (7.4-7.7) because of the PVP-system.

How does the PVP-system work here? How does skull system work? Can you drop items whend dying? Do you always drop your backpack? Is blessing allways 50k? etc etc.

Thanks!

Our PvP system will be rather different from most servers but in its current state, it's unbalanced due to how many vocations and abilities there currently are and thus is turned off for the time being until we are able to balance it properly. I won't make the official post on how we're going to handle pvp here; when we're nearing the launch of the server is when it will be posted.

To answer the basic questions;
  1. It will be primarily based off of 8.54 pvp (This is 'technically' the client / server version of TFS we're running on),
  2. There are no runes and much different strategies will need to be used,
  3. You can absolutely drop items when you die (always a bp and an equipment piece with the possibility of more, but this doesn't start until level 50 so we don't dissuade newcomers right off the bat).
  4. Blessings will be achieved differently on here compared to CIP's and the usual from most ots (Only one blessing will be able to be bought, the others will need to be obtained through other means, making them much harder to obtain). AOL's are still in the game but are also unable to be bought from NPC's, only players will be able to sell them.

All of this together will makes Necronia rather hardcore when it comes to deaths. All players will need to be more careful on how they approach situations and to be on alert for possible pkers.

small bug somewhere in the crafting system, I crafted an armor and it says "Crafted by: [Ashrynn]" which is not my character name. lol
That is strange. If you could please report that via the ctrl+Z platform and provide a screenshot with it, that would be nice. Also mark "Tarjei400 / Adrian Jutrowski" as the assignee on the task.

ah, possibly then it was the started leather armor thing. but yeah 33 mins after server save and not online what's up? :(
Tarjei confirmed that the server is crashing upon attempting to start, he's trying to fix it right now but not sure if he'll make it (in case if it's some biger issue) because he has to leave for work. We'll see in a few minutes.

Okay, the server is running again (in debugger mode). Everything should be fine as long as it doesn't crash due to ingame events, in which case it won't autorestart until Tarjei reviews the logs.

Today is a big day, new year's eve and everything. I believe most of the playerbase will be out having fun and celebrating, but in case anyone decides to spend their night on Necronia, do throw some party and grab some screenshots/videos, we'd love to see that!

Anyway, I spent the entire night preparing the event in terms of compatibility with the new island and Avernum, but I don't want to launch it today because I will be away most of the day and I wouldn't want to miss its release. Either way, whenever the event is launched, it will be up for 3 weeks, so there's no way you'll miss it.

Here are some pics from Shivernorth and what awaits (don't want to spoil too much though):

Santa Claus is in big trouble and needs your help.
Participate in his world quest by talking to him and offering your help.

yE8N1a6.png

Shivernorth is a small village but contains a depot, a bunch of shop NPCs and everything that you need to spend 3 cozy weeks in this rather harsh environment.

d33vT8a.png

DddHcpP.png

More books for book-readers!

GSWhkPe.png

Fight off the nasty Gobos and prevent them from stealing those Christmas Presents.
Be careful though, they will try to rob you as well!

D1jcxdL.png

For the brave ones, climb the Snowmalaya Mountains and face off against Yetlings (level 40-50+) and Yetis (Level 80+).

oLzyN9g.png

A ton of festive and fun loot awaits you as well!

Furthermore, Yetling outfits will be available in the beta shop (for fun), and soon after that we'll also be putting up the Christmas Adventurer and Winter Wizard outfits.

Anyway, have a great evening and a happy new year, and we'll see you all on Necronia soon!

nteam.png

To those complaining about the food regeneration system, higher level monsters drop more food than the ones in rook.. I rarely bring food with me in main bc there is a much greater variety of food to consume

To those complaining about the food regeneration system, higher level monsters drop more food than the ones in rook.. I rarely bring food with me in main bc there is a much greater variety of food to consume
Other way around here. I always bring food with me in Avernum, but never did on Sattnyr (shadowstriker), unless I was going to a boss xD

Is there a way to turn off the looting thing where it moves bodies while you're looting? Shit's annoying and I've died cause of it like twice lol...

Is there a way to turn off the looting thing where it moves bodies while you're looting? Shit's annoying and I've died cause of it like twice lol...

Don't know how you managed to die due to an interface problem, but let me explain. It's technically a default feature of the client that needs to be changed, because -
When you open a corpse, a new window opens and updates the interface. However, since monster corpses decay 10 seconds after the initial kill, when the monster corpse decays, it changes its ID, and the client thinks you've opened up a new container, thus places it again at the "latest container opened" spot in the interface, giving the illusion that it's shifting up and down. But what's happening is just the window moving to the 'most updated' place because you've technically opened a new window.

We know about this, should be fixed in one of the upcoming client updates.

Really like to get into it but all the talking just bores me to death. Its not a matter of "its an rpg server" but more of a "Your forced to do Y and X in order to do anything." All the works into this seems pretty amazing though and ill be giving it another shot when im done with new years stuff.

Which days the pvp will be enabled? After the server save the pvp become enabled and with this stupid boys i can't play. There's a calendar or something?

Last edited:
Don't know how you managed to die due to an interface problem, but let me explain. It's technically a default feature of the client that needs to be changed, because -
When you open a corpse, a new window opens and updates the interface. However, since monster corpses decay 10 seconds after the initial kill, when the monster corpse decays, it changes its ID, and the client thinks you've opened up a new container, thus places it again at the "latest container opened" spot in the interface, giving the illusion that it's shifting up and down. But what's happening is just the window moving to the 'most updated' place because you've technically opened a new window.

We know about this, should be fixed in one of the upcoming client updates.
I died cause I was trying to loot before kiting lol. Habit but the looting thing made me upset, I should of been able to loot and run :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.