• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
You can bot with tasker or anyone of those programs.
And having only 1 class that can get profit from rune making is a bit broken.
as in regular tibia its 2/4 that can do it. even 3/4 if you count paladins.
But 1/12 is a bit over the top. as then 11 other classes would want to buy runes for certain hunts etc.
i would rather see the Resonator or something like a support mage class that isnt about healing.
A Bard class could be fun, if insted of making him use spells for buffs only, you also use different music instruments as weapons. and they buff the area around them to any player in party.
So the instrument would work as automatically buffing people. lets say flute gives 15+ movement speed, Drum gives 0.2 attack speed, and then also having them being able to cast offensive spells aswell.
The longer you would play the instrument, the longer and better the buff would be if you manually play it.
Their auto attacks goes in big aoe's but deals less dmg or works as that one wand that dont shoot automatically. So you would have to press your weapon to attack in a beam like fashion.
(So you hotkey your weapon to use on F12 or something like that)
So the hard part is balancing a "buff character" so they could also play solo is to make their buffs efficient in such a matter that it buffs their own spells dmg.
And also making anyone to come across a bard at a hunting spot to wanting to invite him to a party.
That is why an exp buff spell is needed for a Bard.
Many servers have tried to make support classes, but none has succeeded.
But if a class can do a 30% exp bonus + the 10% bonus of just being in a party, people would fucking love to level with bards in the team.

Ye then runes are loot Not craftable then :)

There's a lot of things that u can do with runes, buffs, attacks, defenses... it can make "trading' more interesting.

Off-topic but, why you don't add some npc for players sell itens? Like normal armor, legs.. When u drop something u can't do nothing if the item is sux because if u destroy u get only some metal ores and sux woods, would be nice if the server has some npcs for buy / sell itens, and it helps the market to stabilize prices for itens. Like green/blue djins from tibia global, they stabilize the price of the items.

Off-topic but, why you don't add some npc for players sell itens? Like normal armor, legs.. When u drop something u can't do nothing if the item is sux because if u destroy u get only some metal ores and sux woods, would be nice if the server has some npcs for buy / sell itens, and it helps the market to stabilize prices for itens. Like green/blue djins from tibia global, they stabilize the price of the items.
Except everything is custom so djinn prices does not apply here...
No idea what you are thinking.
And looting gear is only bad in the start pretty much.
Later on you can get very good black smithing by just looting crap and salvaging it. as it depends on what the gear is made of.

Personally, I think the Djinns are one of the worst things ever added to tibia.
In tibia, you can literally sell 90% of the things you loot, including creature products, equipment, and other valuables.
What this does is essentially shallows the money sinks (generates a lot more money into the game than there should be), sets a static minimum price for the items, and takes from the aspect of player generated market. Aside from another couple of side-problems this creates, I'd rather give people the opportunity to disintegrate every item and use those materials either to build another item that they like, or sell the item/materials themselves to players. Gives more flexibility and gives more breathing space to the economy.

Personally, I think the Djinns are one of the worst things ever added to tibia.
In tibia, you can literally sell 90% of the things you loot, including creature products, equipment, and other valuables.
What this does is essentially shallows the money sinks (generates a lot more money into the game than there should be), sets a static minimum price for the items, and takes from the aspect of player generated market. Aside from another couple of side-problems this creates, I'd rather give people the opportunity to disintegrate every item and use those materials either to build another item that they like, or sell the item/materials themselves to players. Gives more flexibility and gives more breathing space to the economy.
I agree with this so much.

Well, the company fixed up the test server so we'll resume our testing/updating tonight.

I figured out some pretty sweet damage formulas for all vocations so I will be changing every spell in the game to use the new formulas which should allow me to control the balance between spells and vocations better, as well as manipulate the scaling and overall efficiency of spells. Same thing will be applied to all custom weapons so that they use a proper damage formula (based on the source code) instead of the one that was being used so far which was slightly off in terms of scaling, resulting in some OP stuff like those broken spears.

Another thing that was just implemented is hostility among monsters, which was a long overdue feature. Now we can make creatures hunt and attack each other without player interaction, which should make for some pretty cool dynamics, especially in terms of Human VS Elf wars.

Implemented the hotkey fix for the next client release ;)

0B288c6.gif

Directx client when? :(
It was released a while ago. Please note that the server is currently down and will be back up when it's ready and we have a proper list of abusers.

"Hey everyone!
Ever since open beta started, a bunch of people have been requesting the DirectX9 client because their graphic card does not support OpenGL properly or at all, so I'm bringing you a patch that should allow you to run the client in Directx9 mode, however, here are some pitfalls to be aware of:

We have not tested this out thoroughly. I ran the client on my computer, which is rather solid, and it runs smoothly with the shaders (lights) working properly as they should. However, I am not sure that this will be case on low-end computers and computers with outdated or bad graphic cards. Please do try it, and see if it helps you (if you need Directx9 to play), but I can not guarantee it will work, or that we'll be able to patch it and make fixes to it at the moment, in case any issues occur. So, take it for what it is and hope that it will be alright for now. Eventually, when we have enough time to focus on it, we will be able to repair issues with it if there are any, but at the moment - it is what it is.

Click here to download the RAR archive.
It only contains the client exe and 2 dlls.
Use this client exe to run the client in Directx9 mode."

It was released a while ago. Please note that the server is currently down and will be back up when it's ready and we have a proper list of abusers.

"Hey everyone!
Ever since open beta started, a bunch of people have been requesting the DirectX9 client because their graphic card does not support OpenGL properly or at all, so I'm bringing you a patch that should allow you to run the client in Directx9 mode, however, here are some pitfalls to be aware of:

We have not tested this out thoroughly. I ran the client on my computer, which is rather solid, and it runs smoothly with the shaders (lights) working properly as they should. However, I am not sure that this will be case on low-end computers and computers with outdated or bad graphic cards. Please do try it, and see if it helps you (if you need Directx9 to play), but I can not guarantee it will work, or that we'll be able to patch it and make fixes to it at the moment, in case any issues occur. So, take it for what it is and hope that it will be alright for now. Eventually, when we have enough time to focus on it, we will be able to repair issues with it if there are any, but at the moment - it is what it is.

Click here to download the RAR archive.
It only contains the client exe and 2 dlls.
Use this client exe to run the client in Directx9 mode."
I love you a lot matey.

I never found myself actively waiting for a server to start again, this is the first time this happened, with that said, any news or any conrete date as to when it will go online again?

Last edited:
Implemented the hotkey fix for the next client release ;)

There is also the small problem that the client doesn't remember if you had WASD enabled or not last time the client was opened.

Figured I'd mention that if you're doing fixes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.