• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
The client data file (client.wyc) failed to open.

Full details:

Die Datei "C:\Users\Almedin\Desktop\1.190\iuclient.iuc" konnte nicht gefunden werden

First i get this error, then i press on finish and the client opens.
Then the next problem starts.

Ive been playing for the last 2 days and suddenly i cant log into any of my chars anymore, i get to the charlist and it just freezes the client, when i wait for it to unfreeze i get back to my charlist once its unfroze, when i try to login again it freezes forever.
Also if i try to log into another char after the initial freeze it tells me that i can only login with a single char at a time.

I tried everything in the FAQ, deleting the files in the OTclient folder, deleting the necronia folder and client i had but it doesnt help at all. Please help me out here since the *contact us* button on your page just redirects me to the FAQ...

Could you upload a normal rar file, not the extracter that i get when i click on it on the download page...?

The extracter is a normal RAR file, just made to be an .exe instead of .rar via WinRar SFX archive function. It makes no difference.
The client freezing is (most likely) because of the issues i described in the posts above, and removing the Necronia default config.otml and letting the client create a fresh one when you start should fix it.

Reinstalling won't help, because the problem likely lies in the configuration. During your 2 days of playing, did you add any map marks on your map? If yes, there's your answer.
You can even try deleting the entire Necronia folder from C:/Users/<user>/Necronia/ or only the config.otml file in there, and then relaunching.
(Bear in mind this will erase some client configuration including hotkeys, language settings, recent conversations, etc.)

cKdfNm7.jpg

Why this is happening to me sometimes, and how to fix that?
Tried to reopen client, but didnt work

cKdfNm7.jpg

Why this is happening to me sometimes, and how to fix that?
Tried to reopen client, but didnt work

Happens when you the log-out event on your character is not executed properly. (For example, when you get kicked out of the game forcefully or due to a crash)
Logging out properly with ctrl+Q and then logging back in or re-opening the client after logging out properly will fix it.

Necronia is currently experiencing network kicks, the staff is looking into all leads regarding them. We do not know when they will be fixed but will keep you guys up to date when they are fixed. Thanks you for your understanding and see you soon.

server still off? websit came back online and says 8 people online but still can't connect

Does anyone know why i cant download the Necronia Client?

I just saw this ot and wanna try it out but i get error when i try to download it

Does anyone know why i cant download the Necronia Client?

I just saw this ot and wanna try it out but i get error when i try to download it

If the installer says this then you're fine. Just click OK and start up the client, another error will pop up but once you close that window you will be able to play.

I've been enjoying the brief moments I've been playing so far, the only thing that bugs me is that the first town feels so crowded. It's like the map is overdone with all the details, borders and especially the floor changes all around. I would've liked to see a simple town to start off in, since you're pretty much forced to be there for the time being.

Then you're going to loooooove Venoma.........................

/jack

Absolutely amazing server. Been playing for a few days with some friends from Deathz (Which we will quit now for this).

One quick question. The swordsman passive doesnt really seem like much of a passive. You need to cast the mark every 20 seconds or so. Can there not be an improvement to increase the mana cost but make the mark permanent until another mark is cast OR logging out etc?

Absolutely amazing server. Been playing for a few days with some friends from Deathz (Which we will quit now for this).

One quick question. The swordsman passive doesnt really seem like much of a passive. You need to cast the mark every 20 seconds or so. Can there not be an improvement to increase the mana cost but make the mark permanent until another mark is cast OR logging out etc?

I completely agree with you, I'm a swordsman and I never really use the passive skills because they last so short and it's not even worth casting because of that.. maybe make it indeed permanent.

And about the server, I enjoy it really much. it's a great experience and it never gets boring. great job, lads!

It was already like that and it didn't work well. Imagine you were on Mark of Focus (increased mana cost) and you wanted to switch to Mark of Justice (increased mana cost) to cast a few spells (also costs mana) and then go back to Mark of Focus (increased mana cost). See how much mana that would waste?

With the way we currently have it set up, the system pushes you to actively decide which mark you want to use in which situation, and to stick with your decision for a certain amount of time, but for almost no cost. And then while you are hunting, you keep switching between marks as you like for a low cost (each of them do have a passive effect of their own, so that's 3 passives). Up to the player which set of spells and which passive he needs the most in a given moment.

I completely agree with you, I'm a swordsman and I never really use the passive skills because they last so short and it's not even worth casting because of that.. maybe make it indeed permanent.

And about the server, I enjoy it really much. it's a great experience and it never gets boring. great job, lads!

Glad to hear that Akon!

About the passive - To make swordsman gameplay more diverse and more interesting, we gave them 3 different passive abilities (sorta like buffs) that 'unlock' other spells in your arsenal. You have to trigger these buffs but you don't actually have to do anything for your passive to activate once you do that - that's why it's called a passive, it will activate on its own without your effort. I think you may be exaggerating to say that you "never really use" the passive skills because without them, most of your other spells would not be available and I imagine it would be a bummer playing without spells.

This also seems to happen when you hit control + R, which reloads the UI modules.

Never reload all modules, it will just bug out your client like that. The only module you should reload in case the Capacity bugs out (until we fix that bug) is game_healthinfo.

It was already like that and it didn't work well. Imagine you were on Mark of Focus (increased mana cost) and you wanted to switch to Mark of Justice (increased mana cost) to cast a few spells (also costs mana) and then go back to Mark of Focus (increased mana cost). See how much mana that would waste?

With the way we currently have it set up, the system pushes you to actively decide which mark you want to use in which situation, and to stick with your decision for a certain amount of time, but for almost no cost. And then while you are hunting, you keep switching between marks as you like for a low cost (each of them do have a passive effect of their own, so that's 3 passives). Up to the player which set of spells and which passive he needs the most in a given moment.

Glad to hear that Akon!

About the passive - To make swordsman gameplay more diverse and more interesting, we gave them 3 different passive abilities (sorta like buffs) that 'unlock' other spells in your arsenal. You have to trigger these buffs but you don't actually have to do anything for your passive to activate once you do that - that's why it's called a passive, it will activate on its own without your effort. I think you may be exaggerating to say that you "never really use" the passive skills because without them, most of your other spells would not be available and I imagine it would be a bummer playing without spells.

Never reload all modules, it will just bug out your client like that. The only module you should reload in case the Capacity bugs out (until we fix that bug) is game_healthinfo.
Aye, I just came across it when I randomly hit the button combinations. Thought it was worth pointing out as that might be what caused it for him.

Bez_tytu_u.png

then throw back to character select... It used to work few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.