• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
@Shadowsong
Hey mate, when it will be up? Is there a small chance that it gonna be today?

Not today, we are still investigating characters, and there are some nice updates I mean to push out as well before the server is up. Give us a few days to get everything in order and then everything will resume from where we stopped.

Before people say that I won't screem about spearman because I'm one myself. I was hunter till the day the event came out (before that I've been both spearman and marksman for 5 days after a rollback of 2 weeks and item wipe happened) and I got tilted by some hunter bugs and a death.

@ One dimensional spearmen complainers:
Yes, spearmen deal more damage than they should be, but nothing new here. What I do find more concerning is their gameplay.
  • Their spell distribution is bad
  • Their kit is boring; all you use is corosal spear (which cost only 30 mana) and lesser focus and on high level sometimes a stun, one of their spells is a passive that returns soul while you don't a (decent) spell that cost soul (can't check on the private test server since my character has been moved to the big pool of characters that have to be checked just like everyone else)
  • They have all the benefits of a ranger with their sick range and that of a melee class with the shield, a second healing spell and more hp which causes them to use almost no resources unless spell spamming like a mad man.
For the last point I suggested a big range nerf: 3-4 range would more appropriate for them. It would punish kiting mistakes by getting hit by melee, but you have a shield anyway, so no big deal.

For some reason you don't hear anyone mentioned one of the issues I wrote down. All you hear is that their damage is op while their range is the most op thing for me. By lowering their range they will have to be more careful with hunting, will lose out attack opportunities while kiting and thus damage and spend more resources. There are other ways to nerf or buff something than just changing the damage.

If you want to read more about my opinion on hunter, spearman and marksmen (the sequence in which I played them which causes for some op spearmen complains in the marksman post) you can read it here, although some of it may be outdated:
http://opentibia.net/topic/174129-first-hunter-impression/
http://opentibia.net/topic/174181-spearman-feedback/
http://opentibia.net/topic/174182-marksman-feedback/

Hello guys, how are u?

I'm in the end of my vacation, so i'm doing something to help people that don't have any idea about item prices in the server and try to introduce a controlled traffic on Necronia. It's not a rule, just a sense, if u want to help me, be free to do it.

List:

latest
Normal Artifacts: 20k - 35k;
latest
Greater Artifacts: 120k - 160k;
latest
Attachable Socket: 10k - 15k;
smallemerald.gif
Jewels Tier 1: 3k - 4k;
||?|| Jewels Tier 2: 18k - 22k;
latest
Relics Tier 1: 5k - 9k;
latest
Relics Tier 2: 15k - 22k;

It's nice, but the prices on these items are such a subject to which ones they are. The price ranges are too small for that I think. Additional mana relics and the well known +1 earth/fire/ice damage artifacts are worth next to nothing while a +hp relic or -0.1 AS artifacts are kings. The basics seems good though.

Jewels tier 2 can be made of 5 normal ones and since they are less flexible I would deem them a little bit less valuable than 5 individual tier 1 jewels.
Not a fan of your greater artifact price since I can't afford a single one xD

Last edited:
So any good news yet @Shadowsong ? :)

Not much that I can say at the moment other than we've successfully located and started documenting various abusers.
Some optimizations to the test server, made an easier way to transfer the current open beta database to that server, obtained a few commits from BeniS related to changes I showed in the GIFs above, and will probably continue working on class balancing later tonight.

Before people say that I won't screem about spearman because I'm one myself. I was hunter till the day the event came out (before that I've been both spearman and marksman for 5 days after a rollback of 2 weeks and item wipe happened) and I got tilted by some hunter bugs and a death.

@ One dimensional spearmen complainers:
Yes, spearmen deal more damage than they should be, but nothing new here. What I do find more concerning is their gameplay.
  • Their kit is boring; all you use is corosal spear (which cost only 30 mana) and lesser focus and on high level sometimes a stun, one of their spells is a passive that returns soul while you don't a (decent) spell that cost soul (can't check on the private test server since my character has been moved to the big pool of characters that have to be checked just like everyone else)
  • They have all the benefits of a ranger with their sick range and that of a melee class with the shield, a second healing spell and more hp which causes them to use almost no resources unless spell spamming like a mad man.
For the last point I suggested a big range nerf: 3-4 range would more appropriate for them. It would punish kiting mistakes by getting hit by melee, but you have a shield anyway, so no big deal.

For some reason you don't hear anyone mentioned one of the issues I wrote down. All you hear is that their damage is op while their range is the most op thing for me. By lowering their range they will have to be more careful with hunting, will lose out attack opportunities while kiting and thus damage and spend more resources. There are other ways to nerf or buff something than just changing the damage.

If you want to read more about my opinion on hunter, spearman and marksmen (the sequence in which I played them which causes for some op spearmen complains in the marksman post) you can read it here, although some of it may be outdated:
http://opentibia.net/topic/174129-first-hunter-impression/
http://opentibia.net/topic/174181-spearman-feedback/
http://opentibia.net/topic/174182-marksman-feedback/

It's nice, but the prices on these items are such a subject to which ones they are. The price ranges are too small for that I think. Additional mana relics and the well known +1 earth/fire/ice damage artifacts are worth next to nothing while a +hp relic or -0.1 AS artifacts are kings. The basics seems good though.

Jewels tier 2 can be made of 5 normal ones and since they are less flexible I would deem them a little bit less valuable than 5 individual tier 1 jewels.
Not a fan of your greater artifact price since I can't afford a single one xD

Pick up a shield and a Spear Throw the Spear if u Throw the Spear Under 4 Meters i agree with the Range of Spears lol but Video pls.

Pick up a shield and a Spear Throw the Spear if u Throw the Spear Under 4 Meters i agree with the Range of Spears lol but Video pls.
For the other test I want you to throw a javalin over 300m: if you can I agree with keeping the range of spears longer than that of most of the (cross)bows.

It's funny how devs are worrying more for players banishment than the server's dev itself.
I guess that's how a game dev which is in beta should work, anyway.
Delayed as fuck by some bug abusers.

It's funny how devs are worrying more for players banishment than the server's dev itself.
I guess that's how a game dev which is in beta should work, anyway.
Delayed as fuck by some bug abusers.

We are not worrying about the banishment, that's merely a consequence of their actions, but the fact is that we can not proceed with getting accurate testing results if characters with bugged items and infinite resources are walking around.
And we have more than 1 person in the team, meaning that the development still goes on even if some people are dealing with this.

I wanna give some feedback about the gameplay and vocations:

I start with Spearman:

Spearman as now is more likely a mage cuz u dont deal any dmg or better said u dont hit with physicial spears that much also missing chance is very very high. and u spamm more spells then eveyrthing

Spearstab I think would be reported already is bugged when u kill a mob with the spell u dont gain the exp just saying again for myself ^^.

I also think that Spearman is a great Voc for those who wanna play front since spearstab is also a melee spell cuz u have to be in touch with the mob.

I agree with @Nuxohiz the range of spearman should be 3-4 tiles as normal but could be upgraded with other spear weps like glacial spear that give 3 range or remove the 3 range from the spear and add additional ice dmg on it.

Hunting as Spearman right now is very hard Id loved to play the voc last year I was ranger was soo happy when I was able to leave bawfuria and go to main City with my Promotion as spearman but there wasnt even spears existing it was all added with the time so I played with rocks and slingshot as spearman you cant imagen how horrible the dmg output was xD

Then he added some starter spears.Since literally last year the missing chance is the same like today lol with spears. Its ok just saying my feedback.

I also think that all vocs have theres pros and cons and there we come to the Berserker.

Berserker: I like it but berserker is just to fragile and the spell hemorage or smt that shootss out blood of the target when u hit it and drops blood orbs that recover around 5% max hp and 5 rage or smt is

really useless the orbs getting throwed in every direction like orbs drop on mountains where u cant even reach them. Id suggest to check out the spell and make it more like 5% chance to heal for5% of max hp per hit and get 5 rage since berserker really need hp regen cant stay forever on 40% hp u just get 1 hit from everything strong so u can hunt only nub mobs that dont 1 hit u to utilize ur dmg output.

I feel weak with berserker not in atk just in def cuz its like def= atk if u have low def u get hit much and cant really make dmg since u cant be low hp I think berserker is only really good atm if u have alot of hp like 1k hp 400hp is =full atk speed buff 2k hp = 800hp= full atk sped buff so at 2k hp u probaly can hunt stronger mobs with full atk speed buff.

Berserker really rely on the passive otherwise u can choose defender and make more dmg im serios.

Idk but maybe there could be done smt with the passive.

Now about Venom its really annoying to play in area with creatures that put ur venom in ur blood its very money wasting if u dont wanna get 1 hit as example berserker u cant really play there solo cuz u cant go low hp or dedek.

I raelly think that venom need to be nerfed its better if it work like a dot not get insta burst 1hit.

Like 1k hp as berserker just an example and u have 1k full venom it proc the dot is 250 dmg per sec would be alot better so u might be able to outheal it and not get 1 hitted

maybe 25% per sec of the venom as dot dmg ?

Now Shadowstriker:

I played a while shadowtriker but stopped I didnt knew that they use so much soul for casting spells its just crazy + mana aswell.

They are very difficult to play must say but I Think in party with a defender that taunts they can utilize the dmg alot better as solo playing.

But still its nto all abotu party u cant always find someon to play with u sometimes u just needto go alone.

And in dat case it sucks to play solo as shadow lol can only say,spells take to much soul and mana together + u cant buy food that restores ur soul u can only find it that means need to run around the map to get apples or other stuff taht regens ur soul in my opinion.

As Marksman:
I really like the voc its good but expensive you cant make ur own ammo I hope that get fixed soon cuz hunters can...

Marksman is a good dmg dealer but he cant tank thats obv but good that he can take distance! so I think marksman is for everything good besides tanking and healing xD really good party voc with alot of dmg.

Defender:

Very good Voc tanky but spells could be better theres a spell that increase your shielding to 80%= or smt but if u use it u cant cast spells in that time I think that should be removed.

Also about Taunt its really fked up 30 sec cd and mana cost and soul way to much . Recommend 5 sec cd and 30 mana and 5 soul for the area taunt and single taunt same just 3o mana no soul?

Itsjust taunt with hell long cd :D

Defender can be played solo or in party both is ok but slow dmg output if solo. so better find a party .

About other vocs I didnt mention i dint play them yet.

So thats it for now Greetings Destruckto

Your last point is very valid however there is a significant problem when spearmen can hit for 4000 on a regular attack. Granted this is from a lvl 110 with the best gear - this is still an unacceptable number since many other vocations cant reach more than 400.

I know it does that.. But I ment make it so I can keybind keys near wasd when using wasd movement...

All we need to do is enable alphanumeric hotkeys when WASD mode is active, and disable them when WASD is disabled.

We are not worrying about the banishment, that's merely a consequence of their actions, but the fact is that we can not proceed with getting accurate testing results if characters with bugged items and infinite resources are walking around.
And we have more than 1 person in the team, meaning that the development still goes on even if some people are dealing with this.
Shouldn't they be thanked for finding a game breaking bug in a beta?

The bug wasn't the problem. The problem was players were using the bug to gain advantages and high levels and not properly test the game. The staff knew about the bug but didn't know players had found out and were using it.

When a bug is found, it's meant to be reported, not reported + abused, or in some cases, just abused without a report.
Some of these bugs have been around for some time already and have been reported, and that's okay. All reports and bugs will be taken care of. But it's not okay to take advantage of the fact that the bug is ingame and abuse it to empower your character or gain resources, thus deteriorating the quality of the testing environment and your own feedback.

It is one thing to find a bug, and another to exploit it.

I don't know about the individuals involved in this scenario, but when I have worked on servers myself, people would find 'game breaking bugs', but never report the bug.

Only after they get punished do they bring up the 'well I was helping the server because I found the bug' card. If people didn't take notice of their exploits, they would have never been found out, and would have never came forward with the bug.

Most people don't play 'test servers'/beta servers to help with development or testing, they just play it for entertainment.

I've playing Shadowstriker for a long time, and yes, they are spending too much soul and mana, it's a very "expensive" class, because you have to buy some crystals and it's not cheap. The spells are not doing a good damage, especially the Shadow Dagger Throw (don't remember the name), doing a very low damage and costing too much soul. For me, Shadowstrikers were very nerfed. Compared to a Berserker that spells are doing much more damage, they don't spend soul and their hunting spells are doing a better damage for a low mana cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.