• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Hi, I wasn't trying to spark a debate guys! I think it's fine that they want to restrict AFK training. I didn't realize that the creature was dead and I was away so long! However, then I wasn't really training was I? Hehehe. I think as you can see the current system will spark problems even with a 15 minutes kick system. If you consider that the current skill system is adapted from one of the very first mmorpgs in the 90's, the system may need revision!

What if there was a room that everyone could use to train their skills, but with some rules.
1- You can only hit the dummies with a certain weapon that cant be tempered with (like putting artifacts);
2- The room would generate mana for everyone in it, but if you leave, your mana goes to 0.
3- Everyone would suffer from "silence" in the room (you can not use spells);
4- Wands would consume a certain amount of mana (for exambple 50 per hit). ~~ It would take some calculations for the gain of wizardry become similar to the other ones in the room.

Thats just an idea.

In my opinion mine and Muss's problem is kind of misunderstanding. I can understand that my skills was downgraded, but you still didnt change the server rules (I suggested that). Why he lost skills if it was never said on necronia.com that afk skilling is illegal.
My english isn't well to say what I got on my ming but I will give you example.

There is a option to obtain and eat a carrot in game, but all of you admins dont like carrots, so you decide to ban players when you "hear" carrot voice ingame. You never told anyone that. After first ban one player asked here "wtf?!" you said your story, he said it is ok but sugested to add point about carrots to rules. You still do nothing! And there is next ban, after that will be next and so one.

If there aren't normal auto logout after certain time, and there is no rule about afking why you do such things?

I don't care about my skill lose because it is only beta but if you want to be a serious server not only server with big potential YOU NEED TO IMPROVE LITTLE THINGS LIKE THIS, BECAUSE IT WILL BECAME MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS SERVER AFTER START! I am sure about yours scripting or mapping level but I rly worry about little things like marketing or justice.

There does not need to be a specific rule for afk training, due to it being able to be put into rule violation 8A for the time being, because the automated system for kicking players is currently broken like I said in my last post. I do not know when it will be fixed because I am not sure why it's not functioning correctly in the first place. However, I have bumped up the priority on bitbucket to have it fixed.
I now have a distinguished system which gives a warning (it doesn't go away until the player acknowledges it or closes the client) to players, letting them know what will happen if they continue. If they continue to go against the warning and don't show some kind of activity then their skills will be reduced. It is not a perfect system nor is it the worst, but it is the best a small team is capable of doing until the kicker is fixed but even after it's fixed I will still do some patrolling as it is part of my job.

About a new skill system, if you are able to come up with a better system; suggest it. We could do something similar to Therran but quite frankly, I don't like that system too much myself.

There does not need to be a specific rule for afk training, due to it being able to be put into rule violation 8A for the time being.
You can delete all other points and left only 8A and you will be able to ban everyone. In almost every statute is point like 8A but it is only emergancy. Law should be clear and saying something is in point 8A isn't clear.

And of course:
lex retro non agit I am not sure how to write it;p

I have no idea what your problem is guys. It may not be clear in the rules, but if you get a warning it should be clear. If you get a second warning it should be very clear. If it happens a third time you simply don't care and even if there's a text on screen all the time saying: afk training is not allowed you will still do it, but then don't complain about it.
It's also not as if the majority reads the rules, only once they get punished.

I don't know when this got introduced, but with this there's no way it can't be clear after a first warning. Much more clear then having it in the rules or even at the front page.
I now have a distinguished system which gives a warning (it doesn't go away until the player acknowledges it or closes the client) to players, letting them know what will happen if they continue.

Lets start talk what is ' AFK' training eh?
When i afk for 1h, when my char try to kill frog or its 8h when my char stay at defence and train shielding.
OR when i every 15 min. look at char how he training...

Lets start talk what is ' AFK' training eh?
When i afk for 1h, when my char try to kill frog or its 8h when my char stay at defence and train shielding.
OR when i every 15 min. look at char how he training...

You have to show a sign of living every 15-30 minutes depending on when you get checked.
To deter players from afk training until the system is fixed is to give skill reductions with a warning from now on, as it will be incredibly unlikely there will be a ban for doing so. To not have that happen you will need to show some sort of activity every 10-15 minutes and login relatively soon after being kicked, another 10-15 minutes. I cannot guarantee I will see the activity but I will notice you logging back in.

That it's possible to train doesn't means that you have to train in order to play the game. My hunter never trained and never had any issue. With just hunting I'm the number 3 in rangery if you don't count the gm char. The number one didn't trained either as far as I know and don't think the number 2 did as well. After us there's quite a gap with the number 4. Killing monsters or better said playing the game has much more impact than training. It gives you levels that allow you to hunt stronger creatures and it gives you better items and money.

You have to show a sign of living every 15-30 minutes depending on when you get checked.

Hey, just from hypothesis i got situation where i were forced to leave from my PC(with no chance to log out) and some monster just comeby to me.
And in this situation, i've judged as i were afk skilled?

or other situation
In Depot, someone stay like 2-X hours afk near "depot chest" and block it to others( no much impact while there a lot of them, ye?) but still, And you could ask what we can abuse, while staying in dp. There a some ring with one hour cooldown, we're still can usin that way. Its'll be investigate and punished Mr @Dark199 ?

As i see, all of you dont have any seriously right. The argue with skills, afk training or even the TRAIN concept... (srsly something like ots x999?)

in my opinion, Now the best way is just to repair the AFK system, or if its impossible, just kicking players with note why they're kicked. If they're still doing that, put them to jail( u have one, why u dont use that?) even if they go out, and still do the same, put a day ban, or two. But why do you punish him with a huge impact like reduce 7 skills?

I don't think that if you are forced to leave the pc that you will be hitting a monster with a very weak weapon for a very long time.

The ring has a tiny impact, this is really nitpicking.

They do get a note why they get kicked. The jail prevents you from playing the game at all till someone puts you out of jail. The bans prevents you from it as well. If someone has been training a lot he could have gained 7 skills. That person decided to keep abusing the system despite warnings and the punishment is known. If you used for example the 100% crit bug, got warned, used it again, got warned again and still used it again you can also expect being severe punished for taking unfair advantages. This is the same thing. It's their server and their rules. If people don't like the consequences that happen to them when they keep breaking the rules they should either follow the rules just as the others are doing or don't play the game.

@Nuxohiz
u dont understand me, i just mean that i've forced to go help someone, do something else. And i'll leave my character online, its very much possible that new respawned monster just come to me, or someone else will luure monster to me.
That right? if its right, then its could be taken as i AFK skill my shielding, ye?

and also i dont get you, is abusin something is wrong then any issue should be equal?
Now in state of beta, for me these issues are Equal to each other, but in the end Mr @Shadowsong have last word.

You guys should understand that skilling is useful for any class.
While a mage can buy fishes and train its magic level if he wants, a skill based class should be able to do the same.

If you guys don't want it to happen, make it harder.
Make it lower to skill if you are afk.
Make it better to don't skill, just level and, in that way, you would gain more.

There are PLENTY of ways to make the player itself forget about training and keep playing the game.
Choosing the shittiest way of doing that, in that case, PROHIBITING SOMEONE TO TRAIN AFK, is not gonna work out.
Seriously. Get over it. If you want people leveling and not training, make it count.
Don't fucking ban or reduce someone's skill if he is training while afk.
If someone is training using bot, DELETE its character.
If someone is training in necronia, while playing another game and just coming back so the character don't get kicked, nothing should be done.
Also, if someone is training AFK, he should be aware of dying by a PK, too. I myself would kill someone who is AFK training.

Anyway, there are a lot of ways to make someone forget about training.
And prohibiting afk training isn't one of these ways.

anything going on? :)

I'm coming back home this weekend so I have to adjust back home to school and work, and as soon as that's done, boy we have some big stuff coming up including pets and closing off some gaps and unfinished stories from existing content.

So... is the server still dead or again? Or is it just me? cuz I can see 4 players online on site.

From the latest news post -

"Hey everyone!

Just want to announce that we are expecting a downtime that will last several days while we sort out some technical differences and difficulties in our control systems.
There is no certain when the server will be back, but since it went down today due to these problems, and our team is expected to meet up (earliest) on Wednesday, it will be down for a minimum of 3 days.

That's the bad news. The good news is that as soon as it's back after that maintenance, we'll begin rolling out expected updates like before, since I'm finally back and will be ready to work on the server Wednesday onwards.

More news will be announced if there are any changes or additional details we need to provide. Until then, have fun and take care, we'll see you on Necronia soon!"

sadly i dont know if this server will have any1 to come back online lol. That's unfortunate for you since u cant test w.o ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.