• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
****************************STREAM ALERT******************************

Twitch link ; https://www.twitch.tv/dashq92

we wont start for another hour but i'll already put it up.

****************************STREAM ALERT******************************

@Shadowsong

So im replying to the new news update from site; the one that says all atk speed will get removed.
I really understand the problem and that its really hard to balance now, but now the other thing for the players, are we getting compensate or anything?
I mean I use a 0.77s atk spear, which gets me 900k/h max at melelele, 600-700k/h at magmic island, and around 800k/h ish at thunder dragons, as a lvl 150 spearman with 83 rangery I need 1.1kk exp per lvl. which approx takes me 1 hour and 20 min if i really no life..

After the update my spears will no longer be 0.77s (glacial), and it will be 1.4s again which means my exp hour drops big time,i will go from 900k/h to max 450k/h at melelele, from 600k to 300k/h at magmic and from 800k/h to 400k/h. This is only exp wise, not to mention the waste I and other high lvl will make now cuz of the much slower killing, I dont think after the update any of these places are profitable anymore.

Again I really understand why you have to remove the atk speed bonusses. But what this gonna mean for all the players? Do we get compensate by you lowering the HP of monsters, so we can atleast get a decent exp/h wise or what is the plan? Cuz from my point of view if nothing in the monsters will change its gonna be a real pain in the ass to lvl, spending 3h+ at magmic island to get from lvl 150 to 151 is kinda much, or is that just me?

Well just gave a little insight of my thoughts about the change.

Greetz,
Kakashi Senpai

@Shadowsong

So im replying to the new news update from site; the one that says all atk speed will get removed.
I really understand the problem and that its really hard to balance now, but now the other thing for the players, are we getting compensate or anything?
I mean I use a 0.77s atk spear, which gets me 900k/h max at melelele, 600-700k/h at magmic island, and around 800k/h ish at thunder dragons, as a lvl 150 spearman with 83 rangery I need 1.1kk exp per lvl. which approx takes me 1 hour and 20 min if i really no life..

After the update my spears will no longer be 0.77s (glacial), and it will be 1.4s again which means my exp hour drops big time,i will go from 900k/h to max 450k/h at melelele, from 600k to 300k/h at magmic and from 800k/h to 400k/h. This is only exp wise, not to mention the waste I and other high lvl will make now cuz of the much slower killing, I dont think after the update any of these places are profitable anymore.

Again I really understand why you have to remove the atk speed bonusses. But what this gonna mean for all the players? Do we get compensate by you lowering the HP of monsters, so we can atleast get a decent exp/h wise or what is the plan? Cuz from my point of view if nothing in the monsters will change its gonna be a real pain in the ass to lvl, spending 3h+ at magmic island to get from lvl 150 to 151 is kinda much, or is that just me?

Greetz,
Kakashi Senpai

i'm agree a bit with @Father Wisdom
cant we leave the artificats as they're or make them a bit lesser effective and remove the Fast attack speed bounses/spells?

I think removing the atk speed will have a huge impact in the game, almost every non-mage voc uses it. But if you think about the balance and even kinda in rpg style, they are too OP right now. Everyone that uses it have equal or better damage than mages (necros and spellcasters) and they already have better defence, better weapons, etc. Dont get me wrong, for me, atk speed is a very cool feature, but its very, very, veryyyy OP right now.
I think that to compensate this, you guys should improve the exp in party, this could be viable alternative to get a good exp.

It's is indeed not normal that non-mages with a lot more defence are doing more damage then mages. This will be a good change and it will make sure other artifacts will be used as well.

Uhm, I compared my damage to a spellcaster and he deals more damage than me (When I was a few levels over him) and we were both lvl 20-30. And all that having the actual attack speed bug that gives me a boost greater than 50% atk speed while having 40% hp. So imagine that bug getting fixed, my damage would be much more reduced. So when it is said that attack speed is OP, I can kind of agree only for the artifacts.

edit: Ps: I'm a berserker

we were both lvl 20-30
Here lies the problem of your test. None of you has good spells or equipment yet. Main issues for me are the bugs and that non-mages can increase their damage output by a huge margin with +AS relics while mages can't. The damage increase by an attack speed artifact also varies greatly between non-mages depending on how base attack reliant your vocation is and the attack speed you are already using. Some additional attack speed on a dagger is percentage wise much bigger (same for +attack) than for example some attack speed on a weapon of a slow hitting vocation which is an other balancing issue.

Here lies the problem of your test. None of you has good spells or equipment yet. Main issues for me are the bugs and that non-mages can increase their damage output by a huge margin with +AS relics while mages can't. The damage increase by an attack speed artifact also varies greatly between non-mages depending on how base attack reliant your vocation is and the attack speed you are already using. Some additional attack speed on a dagger is percentage wise much bigger (same for +attack) than for example some attack speed on a weapon of a slow hitting vocation which is an other balancing issue.

But I don't see how that would be much of a problem? :eek:
I mean, yeah, I don't have good equipment, but +- it should be similar to his and with the atk speed bug I should be the one dealing more dmg, not the other way :/
Because with berserker the atk spells I have available right now don't seem to deal much damage so maybe the vocation is more basic attacks based.
Another thing I can think of is that mages can stay in the city eating fish and training wizardry while we can't skill our combat skills if not hunting.

Uhm, I compared my damage to a spellcaster and he deals more damage than me (When I was a few levels over him) and we were both lvl 20-30. And all that having the actual attack speed bug that gives me a boost greater than 50% atk speed while having 40% hp. So imagine that bug getting fixed, my damage would be much more reduced. So when it is said that attack speed is OP, I can kind of agree only for the artifacts.

edit: Ps: I'm a berserker

Only berserkers attackspeed ability will be untouched.

@ Everyone else - Attack speed is currently OP and players shouldn't have been able to been that effective in the first place. Attack speed is something that is easily abused and from what I've seen, it is the only artifact being used for weapons on ranger and warrior vocations. While not all of you will like this change its necessary from a balancing standpoint. A new artifact will replace the artifact of fury on all weapons so you will have that to look forward to.
In general the exp rate is higher right now than it will be on official ( at 1.6x ) so reaching level 150 is going to be a feat if you're only hunting in the areas on Conqueria. Later in areas such as Tjenn'Lunar will be great places for levels 130+ and you will likely be able to broach 1kk exp/hr. Start thinking long term and what will be available later down the line rather than what's available right now because we have only touched Avernum and Tjenn'Lunar is quite larger.

If you don't like that news then look at the Memorial Hall that I just rebuilt today.
NJK9b66.png

But I don't see how that would be much of a problem? :eek:
I mean, yeah, I don't have good equipment, but +- it should be similar to his and with the atk speed bug I should be the one dealing more dmg, not the other way :/
Because with berserker the atk spells I have available right now don't seem to deal much damage so maybe the vocation is more basic attacks based.
Another thing I can think of is that mages can stay in the city eating fish and training wizardry while we can't skill our combat skills if not hunting.

There are several monsters you can train on but you just are not allowed to be afk. Feel free to do so, but just a heads up being afk training (similar to a mage using a macro to train) can result in punishment.

I will elaborate more on the attack speed removal in an upcoming discussion thread on our forum. Will be posted in a few days.

We just wrapped up the development for 1.22 and some pretty neat stuff coming. Along the massive gameplay changelog that you can check on our website, the client is now much better as well.
@tarjei rewrote some framework that has to do with the connectivity, actively reducing the lag and ping spikes on the server. Not only should this improve the connection for people playing from America and Australia, but in general the annoying 200+ ping spikes should be reduced. We are not sure yet what results the server will show when there are more people online, but the two of us tested on our private test serv. and we used to have spikes before, but they are gone now.

Necronia Store
Once 1.22 is live, the store will be available ingame.
You will be able to donate for points and spend them in the store, as well as obtain the Necronia Points via ingame means (loot, reward chests, events).

During the beta, you are able to donate for points on our website, and spend them in the store - and once we launch, you will regain all the points you've donated for (& spent).

Some quick facts about the store:

* As you can see, the "Epic Account (EACC)" has been renamed to Deluxe Account (DXAcc).
* The store will not offer advantageous items that are not available ingame to other players.
* The store will not offer equipment (other than the Necronian Luck Talisman and containers)
* The 'Reset Consumption Points' feature will likely remain ingame in form of Shaman NPCs as well, to allow players that pay with bronze coins to use the service one time.
* Outfits available in the store will be exclusive to the store (for now), but outfits and addons will still be unlockable through ingame content.
* You can buy reward chest keys in the store, but you still need to find and access the chest in the gameworld in order to use your keys.
* You can not use the teleport service if you are not in a PZ, on full HP and out of combat.​

BN4D58D.gif

More information will be available in this week's round of forum discussions. I expect I'll have some time late tonight or tomorrow to create those threads, so keep an eye on our forum. I'll post the links here as well.

To visit our previous week's discussion threads, please visit here. We'd love to hear what you have to say:

Darn, those pesky outlaws in the east saw their chance to burn down the memorial hall with the wiki statue after I left that area to start battling their north western territory.

• How many points is one Necronian scroll worth? Not just one I assume after seeing the prices in the gifs.
  • Can codes obtained with the events already be used now and still be valid after the official release since they are not bought?
  • It's nice that you explained the perks. At first they seemed quite advantageous.
Feel free to answer these in the threads that you will make later.

Darn, those pesky outlaws in the east saw their chance to burn down the memorial hall with the wiki statue after I left that area to start battling their north western territory.

• How many points is one Necronian scroll worth? Not just one I assume after seeing the prices in the gifs.
  • Can codes obtained with the events already be used now and still be valid after the official release since they are not bought?
  • It's nice that you explained the perks. At first they seemed quite advantageous.
Feel free to answer these in the threads that you will make later.

If it's the scroll from old Necronia (i know there are some of them still floating around), then it will be worth 1 point per scroll.
The new scrolls that are currently available in the game can be of following values: 1, 5, 10, 30, 50, 100 points. The amount is written on the scroll.

Scrolls that you obtain ingame during the beta can be used to get points during the beta, but they are not documented in the database, thus - the points you obtain from them during the beta will not transfer to the official release.
Only points that have been donated for will be transferred.

Something is making the OT crash, like 3 times in a row now...
Error 10061.
Could be that we didn't fully repair that one crash that we were dealing with on the private test server.
Sigh. I'll see what we can do when Tarjei comes on in the afternoon. If it's really unplayable, then leave it for tonight, we'll take care of it as soon as possible.

@Shadowsong

Greetz,
Kakashi Senpai
If I understand you right you want a compensation for changes in a BETA server ?
Bitch please..

I closed the server until Tarjei gets here to resolve the crash issue as I see this snowballing into more problems with players if they continue playing on the unstable server.
I'll speak to Tarjei in the morning and see if we can get this fixed as soon as this afternoon/evening.

Thank you all for the patience.

@Shadowsong

Greetz,
Kakashi Senpai

The game and the HPs of monsters, etc. were never balanced around people being able to shoot spears dealing 400-500 damage at a 0.7/s rate in the first place, so this change is just bringing things back to the place where they belong. I know it's going to feel different when you remember how powerful some characters were before the change, but that's the entire point of it, to put those stats back in line with the intended flow. Those places are not meant to be grinded either, as you know, we want the progress to revolve around quests, but the high level quests are still missing and need to be added. We can't work on a million things at a time, so some patience is necessary for things to come into place, but one thing is for sure - we're not balancing around the current state of the game, we're balancing around the entire long run, and your current power is not something a player of this level should have.

Places where a compensation (not for the players themselves, but for the actual class) is necessary, such as the removal of attack speed on Swordsman passive for example, are a valid target for a substitute ability of similar power, but I'm afraid the attack speed of weapons (not just spears, any weapons except daggers) is not.

Cheers

If I understand you right you want a compensation for changes in a BETA server ?
Bitch please..

Yea you clearly got it bro... I want compensate in BETA indeed -.-, Whats the point of even makin this comment? your not helpin the server with it or anyone, just a little ego boost i guess ( assuming ur cool ass pic as profile pic, like dem wow i wis i was you menz )

Nah i just want the game to be balanced and dont see my last comment as a whine that i'm not OP anymore or anything, i dont fucking care, its a beta i like to get high lvl just for all the information i have on the real release.

But if you understand me good it does feel weird to eventually have such low exp/h at that lvl (if my calculations are right that on full release i would have the amount of 250k/h at the place where i now get 900k/h), I'm not the only one who thinks likes this, but yet i did made a comment about it. nd ye i'm sure everything will work out fine.

Hard to see that everyone sees it as an attack or so to the server which is definitly not ment this way -.-, the announcement for atk speed removal just came in like a wreckin ball, and alot of player afraid for the player population on necronia, which now is already low.

and btw i just took my char as an example @Shadowsong i could also have said lvl 50 wildheart with 0.7 or 0.8 atk speed weapon making FOR EXAMPLE 120k/h at a place which will be 40k/h ish after the removal..

you guys are all just too focused on that being the highest lvl gets more op or something like this i dunno what is wrong but ye i might have better took the example with a low lvl char cuz then ppl diddnt wine about it i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.