• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Yea that sounds much different than tibia.

Delayed attacks and "Quick time events" as i'll call them definitely change combat to be more engaging.

Yeah I found it's quite interesting and players enjoy it too. If you feel there's a chance you can mitigate damage on your own action or dodge it with good anticipation and reflexes, then that already introduces a new thing to think about rather than just standing diagonally.

I wish I had some good footage of the bosses on youtube to post, but I haven't recorded any, and anything else I can find is either easy monsters or in case of this one cool boss - guys stairhopping him ;-;
I'll have to fix it so that they have to battle inside of his area or probably record some stuff on my own now when the new dungeon is out.

Yeah I found it's quite interesting and players enjoy it too. If you feel there's a chance you can mitigate damage on your own action or dodge it with good anticipation and reflexes, then that already introduces a new thing to think about rather than just standing diagonally.

I wish I had some good footage of the bosses on youtube to post, but I haven't recorded any, and anything else I can find is either easy monsters or in case of this one cool boss - guys stairhopping him ;-;
I'll have to fix it so that they have to battle inside of his area or probably record some stuff on my own now when the new dungeon is out.
I would love to see even those standard rook monsters you mentioned.

I would love to see even those standard rook monsters you mentioned.
You can see them right now on beta if you want. Changes are being done to their loots and values, as well as other rook related stuff and the tutorial to improve the beginner experience with the next patch, though their abilities will remain the same, I think they're nice enough for now, wanna focus on more abilities for mainland monsters now.

You can see them right now on beta if you want. Changes are being done to their loots and values, as well as other rook related stuff and the tutorial to improve the beginner experience with the next patch, though their abilities will remain the same, I think they're nice enough for now, wanna focus on more abilities for mainland monsters now.
Didn't even notice that server is on now. Will check it for sure then.

Or just make it so he can go downstairs and chase them xD

Can't do in this particular case because the fight revolves around the room and the pillars/earth beams set up around the room that fire stuff in patterns. He himself is not too powerful in terms of how much damage he deals, but its the room that messes you up if you dont dodge everything. Can't blame em for taking advantage of something so stupid I overlooked though, will just have to work the fixes in.

I've picked spearman and it was my worst decision in entire life xd didnt expect that to rework class = unplayable at low lvl

I wish i have my xbow and basic bolts from bafuria with 20 skill :f so far 40 skill and i base on my attack spells running on full defence cause auto attacks miss like 80% hits

I've picked spearman and it was my worst decision in entire life xd didnt expect that to rework class = unplayable at low lvl

I wish i have my xbow and basic bolts from bafuria with 20 skill :f so far 40 skill and i base on my attack spells running on full defence cause auto attacks miss like 80% hits

Yes, it's quite problematic, which is why it's being completely changed for 1.25, including spells. On the current build however, on low skill it sucks, on high skill it's OP due to the way some item attributes work.

After some tinkering, I'm happy to say that the next patch will also feature a rework of the Blacksmithing UI, which will also serve as the base UI for other professions, meaning that Tailoring will also now have this UI instead of being viewable only through ingame commands and books.

Featuring 2 new important functions:
  • Queuing to craft some recipe multiple times in a row.
  • Dynamic Search Filter (currently by name and/or category). Maybe later I'll consider a search by material option, but it's not that vital at the moment.

A few details are still to be polished, but you can see here how much simpler and more intuitive to use it will be:​

1dSTLdR.gif

Can't do in this particular case because the fight revolves around the room and the pillars/earth beams set up around the room that fire stuff in patterns. He himself is not too powerful in terms of how much damage he deals, but its the room that messes you up if you dont dodge everything. Can't blame em for taking advantage of something so stupid I overlooked though, will just have to work the fixes in.

If he has a pathway to get to him that is dangerous you could just do what Cipsoft did in Inq~ and make it so the exit to the room is a Teleport that brings you back to the start.

This way if someone exits, they have to clear all the rooms before the boss again.

If he has a pathway to get to him that is dangerous you could just do what Cipsoft did in Inq~ and make it so the exit to the room is a Teleport that brings you back to the start.
This way if someone exits, they have to clear all the rooms before the boss again.
If I guessed the monster right then no, there is pretty easy way to get to him. Again, if I am not mistaken, the monster we talk about has ability to throw rocks which means he could be able to throw the rock at the stairs blocking the way out for players. Or some sort of similar action. I'd rather see it that way instead of having teleports and resetting the 'instance' just.

Would love to see that by the way :)

Soo, i played till about lv 5/6. I was focusing on making quest, since they're most fun for me.
I might be just a noob or just really inpatient, but some of the starter quests would be a bit sped up. Like gathering/looting some resources takes ages.
Map marks for active quests would also be a good idea. (can't remind if i saw any)

Even tho my only foes were rats and bats and so, I really liked the battle feeling and progression so far.
Can't wait to meet some stronger monsters.

I'm not a fan of all of those 'profession' systems like woodcutting, mining, cooking, tailoring etc., feels sorta overwhelming. (but, that's kinda my personal prejudice, that applies to every server)

I've got couple notes for interface too. And since i see you're on a patch right now, i think they're worth looking into.
- Highlighted parts of dialogues could be clickable, so player would automatically send a message, instead of typing it. Alternative is a dialogue tree system.
- Client lacks Ctrl + W/A/S/D turning.
- Description window doesn't fade away after time. Bigger descriptions may be annoying sometimes.
- I would suggest adding new 'Sort' button on containers window panel. Button could sort item in container and move all items to the top rows.

Also, one small question. I saw one Mage class is empty, is it gonna be filled up in near future?

Summing up, server is definitely a thing and is worth recommending. I will spend some more time here for sure.

Soo, i played till about lv 5/6. I was focusing on making quest, since they're most fun for me.
I might be just a noob or just really inpatient, but some of the starter quests would be a bit sped up. Like gathering/looting some resources takes ages.
Map marks for active quests would also be a good idea. (can't remind if i saw any)

Even tho my only foes were rats and bats and so, I really liked the battle feeling and progression so far.

I'm not a fan of all of those 'profession' systems like woodcutting, mining, cooking, tailoring etc., feels sorta overwhelming. (but, that's kinda my personal prejudice, that applies to every server)

I've got couple notes for interface too. And since i see you're on a patch right now, i think they're worth looking into.
- Highlighted parts of dialogues could be clickable, so player would automatically send a message, instead of typing it. Alternative is a dialogue tree system.
- Description window doesn't fade away after time. Bigger descriptions may be annoying sometimes.
- I would suggest adding new 'Sort' button on containers window panel. Button could sort item in container and move all items to the top rows.

Also, one small question. I saw one Mage class is empty, is it gonna be filled up in near future?

Summing up, server is definitely a thing and is worth recommending. I will spend some more time here for sure.

Hi 2Rec, thanks for your feedback.
Let me go over that:

I am going to assume you are referring to the Marine Shrimp and Blueberries quest.
If Darrousin tells you you need to collect 50 shrimp, that's because of an unfortunate mistake where I forgot to update his texts. Instead, you only need to collect 15 and you will be able to turn in that quest.

About 400 blueberries, I know it seems like a lot when you see the number, but once you infiltrate the Gobo farms, it's super easy to get. I actually tested it with a friend on a new character and took us 25 mins to explore the entire place, with about 20 min of that time taken to collect all of that while exploring. We spent most of the time figuring out the way through the dark Venon cave though, cuz I forgot to bring a torch and it was pitch dark lmao

It's not done in the best way right now, there are surely things that need tuning. There is also a bunch of bugs.
Luckily, i've fixed all of that and will be working hard on the tuning for this next patch so some things that might feel tedious, feel organic instead.
Please have a look at the post above to see how different it will be to what you have right now. Imo it will be much simpler and easier to use and understand, and of course opens up a lot of new options for us as well.

You can turn around while in WASD, except you use SHIFT instead of CTRL. This is noted when hovering the WASD button, but I will make sure to include it in our new knowledge center as well.

Description window can be turned off any time you want with a Right Click and repositioned (will save position) for future viewing by dragging it.
Players haven't complained about this so far, since people generally seem happy with the feature to "easily turn it off when you no longer need it".
However, we did hear a similar suggestion/complaint from players before, and it was about how long it takes for this window to disappear/appear, so we're adding this in the patch:

cmbCs9D.png

Which will allow you to specify your own preferences for how long these windows last or how long they take to appear/disappear in Look Window case.

This already exists. CTRL + Right click on a container and press Reorganize.

Because of the way OTClient's text labels work, it is very difficult to have any sort of dynamics related to a specific part of text inside a whole text label.
With the current technology, we could only make the entire label a link, or make nothing at all. If we wanted to specify just 1 word inside to be a link, we would have to do some extensive changes to the way labels work and are parsed, and this isn't something I plan on doing anywhere soon. Maybe some other necronia developer will try to do it in his free time, I know Seidhogg had some notions about such changes, but I know I won't.

Map marks were infamously bugged for the previous releases, so we refrained from using them. They caused the client to crash, and so on.
Now that it has been fixed, we'll look into updating our scripts to mark your map with notable places.
However, we will never mark quest locations (turn-in locations) for the sake of not spoiling it for players.

Anyway, thanks for your time and suggestions! :)

Last edited:
If I guessed the monster right then no, there is pretty easy way to get to him. Again, if I am not mistaken, the monster we talk about has ability to throw rocks which means he could be able to throw the rock at the stairs blocking the way out for players. Or some sort of similar action. I'd rather see it that way instead of having teleports and resetting the 'instance' just.

Would love to see that by the way :)

Yeah it's about Grovekeeper Ymar, if you guessed that. And you probably know that if even if he chased you out of the room, he's not that strong, his room is what makes him powerful because he draws power from those pillars.
The only fix for this is to simply block the exit from his room during the fight, or make him elegantly relocate players to the parts where he needs them to be if they are disobedient, so to speak :D A mechanic we've seen similarly in Grovekeeper Rose, instead, she relocates herself when found in an awkward position.

The first quest is gathering 25 rat tails, thats like 30 rats, imo thats not a lot.
Use shift+ wasd to turn.
Description window will be editable, you will be able to set it as you want, like fade afete 2s, 4s, never,etc.
About the sort button, you might be able to do that already, i just forgot the name. Right click on the container and you will see some options.

The first quest is gathering 25 rat tails, thats like 30 rats, imo thats not a lot.
Use shift+ wasd to turn.
Description window will be editable, you will be able to set it as you want, like fade afete 2s, 4s, never,etc.
About the sort button, you might be able to do that already, i just forgot the name. Right click on the container and you will see some options.

I thought it was 15 :eek:
I'll reduce the number for sure.
Even 25 is not that hard to get considering they're like 90% drop chance and rats die in 2 hits, but yes, you're right.

Since i've reached 22lv as spearman everything is pretty easy now with spear from meeplets i got like 90% hit chance now (before i had like 30%)

I think theres some bug in spears cause for example 68min -90 max hit chance means like 20-30% chance while 80-100 is like 90% xD tested on 45 distance without and with rangery buff +25%

Also there was information when i took 17 or 18lv about new ability but i couldnt find any new in spellbook just got that two 10lvl targets and one for 23lv from spearman class is there anything else for 23lv?

Last edited:
Since i've reached 22lv as spearman everything is pretty easy now with spear from meeplets i got like 90% hit chance now (before i had like 30%)

I think theres some bug in spears cause for example 68min -90 max hit chance means like 20-30% chance while 80-100 is like 90% xD tested on 45 distance without and with buff +25%

There is a bug, I've spoken about it numerous times both on this thread and on our discord as well as on our latest news post :p
It has been fixed for the next patch

How's the project going?

Had a bit of a stale endyear in 2017 but now going pretty good actually, been doing some amazing updates whenever I can in the last few days.
Check out this fun experiment with OTC code:

jumpingg.gif

I'm currently remaking the gathering systems to implement new features and interactions into them, so there's not much to show especially without spoiling stuff I want people to discover, so I'm gonna hush until I have some other stuff for show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back