• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gesior AAC 2012 - WONT SEND EMAIL

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
On lost account page, when you enter charcter name and choose the option which is supposed to send an email to your account with your password doesn't work.
The following error shows up:
An error occorred while sending email! Try again or contact with admin.

I have tried the following configuration:
PHP:
$config['site']['send_emails'] = true;
$config['site']['mail_address'] = "[email protected]";
$config['site']['smtp_enabled'] = true;
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "ssl://smtp.gmail.com";
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = 465;
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = true;
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "[email protected]";
$config['site']['smtp_pass'] = "**************";

I'm pretty sure it's possible to configure acc. maker to send e-mails by Gmail, but it's waste of time.
Gmail will ban your account in few hours after start of ots (or it will require to login gmail.com and type 'reCaptcha' letters to send e-mail).
Every free e-mail hosting and most of paid e-mail hostings got limits around 500 mails per day. They also ban for sending same e-mail all time (spam) - like 'account registered' e-mail.

You should get some SMTP server for websites:
Pricing - 12k e-mails per month for free, basic configuration
Pricing and Plans | SendGrid - first 30 days (max. 40k mails) for free, basic configuration
AWS | Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) | Pricing - I don't know how they calculate price and it looks like it requires some knowledge to configure

Back