• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Gesiors AAC] $main_content sux

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

Mazen

Developer
Reaction score
The variable $main_content sux and should be upgraded to something more professional, like include($dir), who agrees with me?

maybe you can explain what it does, everyone is not that good or even know something about it...

$main_content is a variable that contains everything inside the page/subtopic you are in. The AAC simply execute a small php code "echo $main_content;" when it wants to show what's inside the subtopic. That's a very ineffective way of handling pages, because all the HTML must be inside the variable $main_content (A huge string).

Instead, it's possible to make the AAC load the subtopic file (for example character.php) with include($dir)/include_once($dir).

So I want you to vote what you think about $main_content.

btw, you've maybe noticed that in every subtopic file(Gesior AAC script) you always see that it's including a lot of HTML to $main_content, by writing:
PHP:
$main_content .= "<input type=...blablabla";
$main_content .= "</TABLE></TABLE></TABLE></TABLE></KURWA>";
etc. And the codes are always messy because of all those strings.

Last edited:
I'm planning to take one updated version of Gesiors AAC and change the topic system in it. So maybe people will start basing their AAC scripts on the fixed version of the AAC.

Back