• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gesior's account manager - Phising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Hello, yesterday I recieved an warning from my server company that my Account Management contained Phishings, and I had 24 hours to solve this or they will remove my server without giving my money back.

The ticket started with this "Warning because of hosting a phising website"..

Dear Mr Nicklas,

Abuse: Verwarnung Phishing EN

enclosed you obtain an appeal about hosting of a phising site on your server. We consider that this appeal is plausible and handle this case serious.
So we anticipate a behavior of you in the next 24 hours.

Please take care immediately to eliminate this issue, but by 19:13 o'clock tomorrow. Otherwise we will lock your server with costs.

The URL to the phishing site:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nixoria Online - Account Management

----------------------------------------

They never posted any proof, but later they posted this:....
Dear Mr. Nicklas,

here is the information we got via mail and we think this is plausible:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line # Date Closed hours PhishTank ip state response Ip initial ip
review Domain URL country source email inetnum netname descr ns1 ns2 ns3 ns4 ns5 URL
1 550370 2009-07-21 23:00:20 759770 up alive 85.25.176.199 85.25.176.199 nixoria.net
Nixoria Online - Account Management DE RIPE [email protected] 85.25.176.0 -
85.25.179.255 SERVERLOFT-1 BSB-Service GmbHhttpPlusServer AG ns5.us.editdns.net
ns3.eu.editdns.net ns6.us.editdns.net ns4.eu.editdns.net ns4.us.editdns.net
Nixoria Online - Account Management

So.. are there any phisings in the Gesior's website (Account Management page) I know it isn't and I am trying to tell them but they are saying it is... -.-

what is phising? o.0

It's scam.

according to wikipedia:

In the field of computer security, phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT Administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging,[1] and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Even when using server authentication, it may require tremendous skill to detect that the website is fake. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users,[2] and exploits the poor usability of current web security technologies.[3] Attempts to deal with the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, user training, public awareness, and technical security measures

You are using CipSoft's copyrighted material (images) on your website, it might fool people into logging in with their real Tibia account data there.

You are using CipSoft's copyrighted material (images) on your website, it might fool people into logging in with their real Tibia account data there.

I see, uhm, do you have any suggestions what to do or should I change to your account manager (which seems to be much safer?)

I see, uhm, do you have any suggestions what to do or should I change to your account manager (which seems to be much safer?)

Talaturen said 'images', so just change the account management style... I don't really see anything related to CipSoft than your account management page and your layout header.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back