• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Getting rid of the Facebook alikeness.

Mackan™

Content Creator
Reaction score
As in many other places a "like" has been commonly used ever since the function was made famous in Facebook. I hereby say we get rid of this and part from the likeness of Facebook and friends. My suggestion is not something that will require a lot of time, but will give a better, more unique feel to the boards.

I want to change the "like" to "approve".

What will this accomplish?
It's not really a big change, just a change of words. But actually changing the word gives it a better feel, away from the likes of Facebook!

Example:
Mackan™ and 2 others likes this.
Mackan™, Samuro and 3 others approve of this.

With this you may not only say that you like the message, you may also use the button when you agree with what the post contains. So now people don't have to write "Like if you agree". The agreeing part will be ever so present.

Sincerely
Mackan™

Last edited:
I like the idea, and it'd be a better idea to have a + and a - button.
Though Talaturen has told me there'll be no updates to OtLand until the transfer to XenForo.

Correction by the way
Example:
Mackan™ and 2 others likes this.
Mackan™, Samuro and 3 others approve of this.

I still sign this though,
Peroxide

As in many other places a "like" has been commonly used ever since the function was introduced in Facebook. I hereby say we get rid of this and part from the likeness of Facebook. My suggestion is not something that will require a lot of time, but will give a better, more unique feel to the boards.

Facebook didn't invent the like button and to have the same features as they do doesn't mean shit.
I do not approve suggestion. You're like the guy who calls every other MMORPG a wow-copy.

Oh and no one really cares :)

Thanks for the history lesson, I bet we all found it equally interesting.
It's not the same thing as calling every MMORPG a wow-copy. Even though all MMORPGs have similar features and probably take ideas from each other they have originality. My suggestion was just to add a little bit of originality besides the regular "like" even though it wasn't introduced as a commonly used button in Facebook it has sure become something more common than ever after it.

Will edit my main post to fit your needs.

"Like" is much more universal. If it were a perfect world there would be a tiny drop down menu to select: Like, Approve, Read, etc. In other words: you don't go around an OpenTibia forum "approving" things. A member is much more likely to "like" something.

I do not "like" this idea and do not "approve" of it either. ^_^

"Like" is much more universal. If it were a perfect world there would be a tiny drop down menu to select: Like, Approve, Read, etc. In other words: you don't go around an OpenTibia forum "approving" things. A member is much more likely to "like" something.

I like this post.

I+m+an+Italian+and+I+approve+this+message+_a038f0f0444bb7ca496b187b01b1d5c0.jpg

Does not seems like it changes anything.
You can like a post if you like it, you can like a post if you agree with it.
But you can't approve a post if you like it, but don't agree with it.

nah. "liking" a post on otland is because you -> Like that post. It doesn't mean you approve of it. It might've been a joke, and you liked it. It would just sound weird if "I approve of this joke at this time and place". wth.

My name is Ray William Johnson and I approve of this message.

Deleted offtopic messages

I don't agree with this, like J.Dre said, the like is generic and applies in pretty much every situation

Not signed

Not signed at all.

Wtf, approve a post? LoL

Honestly I don't see what the hell this useless change has to do with OTLand, I don't think people come here to see people liking eachothers posts... I mean seriously this is what you put in my head:

anger_zps6106f6c0.jpg

This is OTLAND, not webfeaturesland.com.org, this is what I expect to see out of this place:

happy_zpsb2c6ebaa.jpg

So now take your uselessness thread somewhere else, NEGATIVE SIGNATURE. (Yes I made that in paint, I just woke up and my right arm is numb and cold ;D )

LIKE MY POST! PLIZ! I'LL POST BOOBIES IF YOU DO! I mean...

This is not intended to start a lollercoaster. However since this is OTland, there is a high probability that it will.

Likes, the gay morbidly obese autistic brother of dislikes, are an unofficial form of currency on the majority of websites. It gives a sense of "worth" to the users of the internets, and it's the rubbery black dildo of the internets thatpenetrates users to keep posting. More often than not, the more likes you have forcefully shoved up your anus, the more "kewler" you are to other users. These like whores are seen as bad asses by the foolish users who fall blind to their faggotry, and are butt-buddies with the mods. They live in this fantasy, in which they think that they are the most original oldfag on the site, that every post they make is pure gold, and that they are the savior of the internets and lulz. Even though in reality, Saving the internets without getting a lethal dose of cancer and fail is impossible. People who think they aren't just another faggot on the web cause they have more likes are not bad asses, but rather disillusioned faggots who have fucked themselves into believing that getting "liked" by some cock smuggler on the net has a value. In truth, likes are worth about as much as another dead nigger lying in the streets of Detroit. A smart user, if any exist, would know not to waste their time on licking the internets large gaping butthole, as when they die, the users of the internets will to busy lubing themselves up for the ass fucking they are about to get from the endless supply of drama, lulz, and cancer they provide. Fortunately on some websites, they have implemented the ass raping dislike button, which if used correctly, will shrink the like whores dick even smaller and give it the creamy taste of the nut butter of reality. Use it enough, and the like whore will finally realize how much of a stale unfunny semen soaked kissless virgin faggot it is, and will ultimately fall under it's own fail and turn into a black hole. At this stage it will try everything to get someone to fill it's black hole, preferably with likes. The best thing to do now at this moment, is to keep disliking the faggot, while simultaneously squeezing your nipples until it acknowledges that no one likes it andhopefully kills itself. Either way that will only give you a few seconds of breathing time, as another like whore will quickly crawl up your sweaty anus and begin the cycle yet again.

CAUTION: The previous paragraph shows how likes would be perceived from the viewpoint of a sperg. Actually, likes provide an easy way for websites to tell which content is likely to be enjoyed by other users, so that they can display this content on their "most liked" pages.

DOUBLE CAUTION: The previous caution contains information that nobody cares about and is an example of a common internet phenomena where certain people go out of their way to make the issue of likes serious business

This is not intended to start a lollercoaster. However since this is OTland, there is a high probability that it will.

Yes but do you see people running around saying "LIKE MY STATUS IF YOU AGREE!!!"
NEGATIVE, you do NOT see that, you see people running around going: Huehuehuehue brbrbr? Gibe rep++ pl0z (no racial pun intended)

- - - Updated - - -

I have just liked every post in this thread. How does that make you guys feel?

I can't like yours for some reason ;-;

Back