• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Getting Started with OT ; Finding proper Tools version-wise

thablubb

Reaction score
Greetings dear Community,

I thought about starting an OT for some time now and stalked the forums quite a while. The Problem I'm having is finding the proper tools to do so. Of course I watched/read several tutorials but everything somehow refers to different versions all the time. I feel like being lost in a forest consisting of thousands of client-versions and incompatibilities regarding each tool .. so to say.

Anyway, the most stable and feature-rich server currently is TFS 1.1 right? But this one only supports The 10.77 Client as far as I understand the matter. Now how and where do I find a proper spr/dat and Level Editor (I suppose rme?) for the 10.77 version?

The Long-term goal would be a custom client with custom graphics/items (since I'm more of an artist than anything else).

Do I simply mix things up or am I not seeing the wood for the trees? I'm feeling rather confused currently.

In any case, I hope someone could give me a hand getting out of this forest ; )
Thanks for reading and kind regards,
Thablubb

Back