• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Getting tired of all rl map servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on it.

Real Map = Attraction = Many Players = Easiest way of a successfull financial arrow.
42-17661138.jpg

Easier to get a dedicated server

Easier to upgrade the dedicated server

Once you got a great dedicated server, 1GBit internet connection, 3 - 4GB RAM, a Server OS, like Windows Server 2003, 2008, Linux or such things.

Then you can start by running both 1 custom map and 1 real map.

You are loosing alot of money by NOT hosting a "real map" server.

The first thing that comes in line in my head is, a great computer, with a great connection, if you got the ability to get hundreds of players online, and a network that can handle alot of DDoS incomings, with GBit network you could also place download links from the dedicated server directly, promissing with a high download speed to users still without experiencing any "lag" or spikes in-game.

Once having such an super computer, run 1 real map server, and 1 custom map server. Since real map servers are an attraction, you will get alot of players over there, which you later on can advertise and ask them to try out your custom map server.

Here you kinda see my little goal. To make OT servers that fits every player, even if they are looking for something diffrent.

As you see, the first i priority is a good dedicated server, since with that, you can do alot of stuff. Also move further than Tibia, hosting other games, like etc Tribial Wars or other network games, perhaps walk over to other Private Servers, such things is what I think is fun. And I want the experience, perhaps I need it in the future.

Working on it.

Real Map = Attraction = Many Players = Easiest way of a successfull financial arrow.
42-17661138.jpg

Easier to get a dedicated server

Easier to upgrade the dedicated server

Once you got a great dedicated server, 1GBit internet connection, 3 - 4GB RAM, a Server OS, like Windows Server 2003, 2008, Linux or such things.

Then you can start by running both 1 custom map and 1 real map.

You are loosing alot of money by NOT hosting a "real map" server.

The first thing that comes in line in my head is, a great computer, with a great connection, if you got the ability to get hundreds of players online, and a network that can handle alot of DDoS incomings, with GBit network you could also place download links from the dedicated server directly, promissing with a high download speed to users still without experiencing any "lag" or spikes in-game.

Once having such an super computer, run 1 real map server, and 1 custom map server. Since real map servers are an attraction, you will get alot of players over there, which you later on can advertise and ask them to try out your custom map server.

Here you kinda see my little goal. To make OT servers that fits every player, even if they are looking for something diffrent.

As you see, the first i priority is a good dedicated server, since with that, you can do alot of stuff. Also move further than Tibia, hosting other games, like etc Tribial Wars or other network games, perhaps walk over to other Private Servers, such things is what I think is fun. And I want the experience, perhaps I need it in the future.

yup yup i am always thinking the same thing. also i think that you could use a good pvp-e server on the side or as the original main project instead of a RL map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back