• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GhostX versus Blez [Winter Theme]

Who did the theme best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna have to go with Blez piece for this one. They're both good, but the mushrooms & stalagmite GhostX used decided it for me :p

GhostX has a better castle, Blez has better mountains because he mixed in the normal mountains and the water evening out the color distro imo

And jesus.. are you guys seriously arguing over ghostX's mushrooms..

Make sure you use contest section next time too :)

@Contest, Idk why I liked Ghosts more, just did ;3

I really like the both of them, but ghostx why is it fire on ice?
and blez i think it should be ice all over the thing( not to much stone ) :p

I liked both, but this one I think Blez did better;)
Good competition tough.. it's like Usain Bolt and Blake in the Olympics ;> You become better from eachother.

I think they both are really good. I ended up with Blez (by a tiiny margin) because of the hard work of details in the mountains.

When it comes to environmental decoration both participants are more or less equal. My personal opinion is that Blez is mixing a bit too much between heat and cold. A frozen waterfall, just beside some green grass puffs.
But considering the flowing river which supports the soil from going completely frozen, it is possible in a real scenario to have green plants grow up from snow, at least early in the winter. But again the frozen waterfall spot interfere with this theory.

GhostX seem to be more closer to the winter or in an overall colder environment. However using fire on ice pillars and brown mushrooms are interfering factors here.

Nonetheless, both mappers did an amasing job here. Congratz to both. :)

I think they both are really good. I ended up with Blez (by a tiiny margin) because of the hard work of details in the mountains.

When it comes to environmental decoration both participants are more or less equal. My personal opinion is that Blez is mixing a bit too much between heat and cold. A frozen waterfall, just beside some green grass puffs.
But considering the flowing river which supports the soil from going completely frozen, it is possible in a real scenario to have green plants grow up from snow, at least early in the winter. But again the frozen waterfall spot interfere with this theory.

GhostX seem to be more closer to the winter or in an overall colder environment. However using fire on ice pillars and brown mushrooms are interfering factors here.

Nonetheless, both mappers did an amasing job here. Congratz to both. :)
What I, personally, find fun about mapping is that you can create anything that you want (limited by the sprites, though) without having to think about realism. If you like realistic mappings then That's your opinion, but do not want everything to be realistic even when not meant to.

I voted for Blez because his piece was well-made, sexy and things were blending in well whilst I thought Ghostx' piece was a bit poorly made and there were cockblockers in his piece.

Nobanplx

To those wondering about fire on ice.. Those pillars are not ice, and infact crystal. The flames ontop are used as torches.. If you have an issue with torches in a frozen climate, then explain how alot of you rate pieces with "wooden" torches.. fire on wood. hmm. HENCE the coal on the second picture. Fuel for the torches

Fire on crystal wouldn't MELT crystal lol. Fire on wood = burn wood.

Although some of you dislike the mushrooms, i like them there tbh. I guess i could of gone with the combination of mountains but my region is meanna be cold.. Ice witches and frost dragons wouldn't have it any other way (i'm sorry but the witches put a hex on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't know why but i totally forgot about grass tufts, and personally i think blez's came out better. Maybe i should of spent more time in it. Probably.

regards

Back