• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ghostx's Mapping Thread

Holy shiet. I see some talented mappers returns to mapping ; o
btw, looks nice but I agree with Magnet this tree looks horrible ;x

I don't get s Juggernaut feeling there, but I can't tell you how they should live either.
But... Its freaking amazing! What an art!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Nothing special, just a small piece of my Darkonia's 'rook' revamp. This is "Avandale Academy" for Darkonia's Brightest and Gifted.

_9evfz.png

It ofc isn't finished.. I'm just laying down the structure for me to build around. So if you see missing borders etc you may point them out but there will be a few because i haven't got round to that aspect of the map yet.

You may also note the research note to the right of the Darkonia tag; it is part of a quest in which the player has to go and find all 8 research notes. 5/8 are find-able around rook - the other 3 are obtainable from small quests i.e. One of the npc's "Billy the tradesman" is selling one of these research notes for an insanely high amount. He agrees to hand it over for a small favour.

I'm posting this to bump the thread as well as to show a little bit of my project again.
The windows on the left will be same layout as those on the right (with the dark posts).

But i do appreciate any comments and feedback on it for other ideas, what you like/dislike and any tips.

p.s. i realise the mountain borders on the middle stairs area looks shit. I will adjust that i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Meh
_Dtmav.png

Last edited:
Finally started some work on the dwarven mining city. Will show more rook updates tomorrow probably.

The picture is quite big so HERE is the link to the full size
8KyEu.png

COMMENT MUDAFUCKERS

also pointing out that the tracks are walkable (and on the bridge in middle, players will be able to ride a minecart through there, so you will see players wizzing past xd - the entrance will act as a teleport

Last edited:
Looks really beautiful, I really love the concept of the twr and the shaft in the middle

- - - Updated - - -

However, make it abit more dirtier since they are mining there

also pointing out that the tracks are walkable (and on the bridge in middle, players will be able to ride a minecart through there, so you will see players wizzing past xd

Nice, just needs to be more clutterfucked though :l
Atleast that's my opinion xD

well still making it, we'll see when i finish.
Had some feedback going to change few details around and sort that buggy stone crane. I can sort that easy xd

Juggernauts & the piece of 18 march are really great! They have inspired me alot. Advice on the other pieces: don't want to use waterfalls always, the pieces are cool without them.

Buh peroxide maid meh ;<

Was bored and wanted to update with something. Haven't touched this since the other day, but didn't feel like mapping something new just to bump this thread..

And i always thought the gnome sprites would somewhat work with dwarves - even if it is only the mountain sprites (although i'm yet to finish this piece so may incorporate others) So that being said - without further ado i leave you with this -

Personally dislike these sprites, but nevertheless i wanted to use them.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. couldn't be bothered waiting for night to show it with light effects

Best part of it is the character name :D
The piece itself looks photoshopped xD
Nice though :p

I guess i can now add these also:
My zoo *pandaland and friends*
UD4WfH.png

and
WUq6cG.png

Back