• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ GM/GOD Light issue

Hayvosh

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I am running latest nekiro 1.5 dowgrade with 7.72 client.
What I've noticed that the GM characters mainly has no "character light".
In real tibia back in the days the GMs always had a default "utevo gran lux" sized~ blue tinted light around them.
Not sure if this is supported on TFS 1.5, or if it is, where and how do I add it?

Regards,

At ProtocolGame::AddCreature function located on protocolgame.cpp

Change
C++:
msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 0xFF : lightInfo.level);

To
C++:
msg.addByte(lightInfo.level);

At ProtocolGame::AddCreature function located on protocolgame.cpp

Change
C++:

To
C++:
I've seen that post, it was to remove the light. But from what I can see in the code, I alredy have the correct code as I use unmodified source from nekiro. Is it maybe somewhere else to modify?

Try this too, go to void ProtocolGame::AddWorldLight(NetworkMessage& msg, LightInfo lightInfo) at protocolgame.cpp and search for
C++:
msg.addByte((player->isAccessPlayer() ? 0xFF : lightInfo.level));

Change that line for
C++:

1641688673386.png

It will work perfectly ;)
1641700334027.png

Last edited:
s so that people have to buy spells? The spell npcs are all there and ready to use but i cant see an option in either config to turn learn spells on.

leave empty array here

Try this too, go to void ProtocolGame::AddWorldLight(NetworkMessage& msg, LightInfo lightInfo) at protocolgame.cpp and search for
C++:
msg.addByte((player->isAccessPlayer() ? 0xFF : lightInfo.level));

Change that line for
C++:

View attachment 64529

It will work perfectly ;)

I tried your code but there is no ligh when using GM character :

1641731392157.png

It's all black, just to clarify.. I DO want light, but the light from RL tibia, where GM has a big natural character light with that slight blueish tone too it.

It's all black, just to clarify.. I DO want light, but the light from RL tibia, where GM has a big natural character light with that slight blueish tone too it.
change:
to:
msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 215 : lightInfo.level);

change:
msg.addByte(lightInfo.color);
to:
msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 8 : lightInfo.color);

in all applicable places and recompile, change 215 and 8 to your liking

change:
to:
msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 215 : lightInfo.level);

change:
to:

in all applicable places and recompile, change 215 and 8 to your liking
I tried this, and what it seems to do is make all the unlit areas that blueish tint.
But what I am looking for is basically like if the GM charcters had an unlimited magic lightwand equipped, this makes the light visible to other players as well. And not have the whole "full" map light up :)

I tried this, and what it seems to do is make all the unlit areas that blueish tint.
But what I am looking for is basically like if the GM charcters had an unlimited magic lightwand equipped, this makes the light visible to other players as well. And not have the whole "full" map light up :)
don't edit the worldAddLight function

don't edit the worldAddLight function
Ok, so this would be correct then?

Lua:
void ProtocolGame::AddWorldLight(NetworkMessage& msg, LightInfo lightInfo)
{
    msg.addByte(0x82);
}

void ProtocolGame::AddCreatureLight(NetworkMessage& msg, const Creature* creature)
{
    LightInfo lightInfo = creature->getCreatureLight();

msg.addByte(0x8D);
    msg.add<uint32_t>(creature->getID());
    msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 210 : lightInfo.level);
}

With a fresh compile of the above, I still get this :

1641749697158.png

Here's the source I am using TFS-1.5-Downgrades/protocolgame.cpp at 7.72 · nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/blob/7.72/src/protocolgame.cpp)

Last edited:
Just a followup on this issue, I found something strange.
The GM light works sometimes and sometimes it does not?

For instance, if I use stairs/rope to go up or down a level the light dissapears and stops working?
But this does not happen all the time, only sometimes. Very strange.
And some times when I login there is no light at all on the character (GM character), and if I relog it comes back.

I've included the relevant code, and I've branched of nekiros branch here TFS-1.5-Downgrades/protocolgame.cpp at 7.72 · Hayvosh/TFS-1.5-Downgrades (https://github.com/Hayvosh/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/blob/7.72/src/protocolgame.cpp)

At rows 3076-3078
Lua:

And rows 3200-3215

Lua:
void ProtocolGame::AddWorldLight(NetworkMessage& msg, LightInfo lightInfo)
{
    msg.addByte(0x82);
}

void ProtocolGame::AddCreatureLight(NetworkMessage& msg, const Creature* creature)
{

msg.addByte(0x8D);
    msg.add<uint32_t>(creature->getID());
    msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 8 : lightInfo.level);
    msg.addByte(player->isAccessPlayer() ? 209 : lightInfo.color);
}

Is it something very obvious I am missing here?
Been going through this code a few times, but cant really find the culprit

Just noticed that if I do for instance "utevo lux" with a GM character the light will stay on forever.. UNTIL I change floor, when I for instance change floor the light goes out completly on the character. This is very strange

I'm using the exact version as you are "TFS 1.5 downgrade by nekiro (7.72)" and having same issues.
The light is completely fine when you are located on the base floor and top levels, the problem starts when you go underground/bottom levels with GM access, then it's just completely dark.

And also another problem I noticed with the GM lights, when you log in at bottom/underground level(s) (GM access) you have a small area of light around you for like 1 second, then it completely vanish.
I've uploaded images to make it easier to understand on what I mean with the "small area light vanish problem".

Attachments

Back