• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gonzikke-showoff

Gonzikke

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've got some own projects, but I'm not so sure about their high quality.
Can you please give me a suggestion what can be fixed on map, or post any good ideas for changes on theese spots which are on screenshots. Ohh, and actually i would like to see any of your opionions about theese map's and what do you think about it. I'm not so experienced, but still learning how to build a nice spots, so that will be pleasure for me to read your comments.
Hope that will be more positive than negative :p
Cheers all tibian mapper's!

SCREENSHOTS-
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

KJADt

I think you're doing fine overall.

The only thing I really dislike is the swamps at the end of the album and your scattered detailling.
Swamp: Just stick with a few swamp plants, some swamp details and keep it simple. Adding every doodad imaginable doesn't make a good swamp. Also your swamp ground isn't randomised? I know this guy who made a great RME mod who has a randomised brush for you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Scattered details: This is what you do while this is what I'd do. It usually looks better when you group plants and keep grass tufts close to plants.

The best tip I can give is to regularly watch other mappers of any skill level and see what you like and dislike. Soon you'll get a feel for what looks good and what doesn't. Keep up the good work!

Yep mate, maybe you're right about theese swamp details, there's too much of them, but that swamp had to be like infected by plague, i just exagerrated with that. I was using theese grounds by hand, I mean every single SQM i had to paint by RAW Palette so thats why ground isn't in good form, coz it was difficult for me and my "clicking hand". I'll have your advice in my mind for next swamp area, thanks buddy. I'm just watching project's of some mapper's now and trying to build similar contructions as them, but it's still a lot things to learn. I just opened a post with "Quick Showoff" and I was fascinated about some projects, its really looks nice and proffesional. There's many combinations for nice building etc, so I'll put some screenshots with my new mapping style soon, and we will see a results.

P.S
Thank's for RME

Back