• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GR AND SR are going to die, or reshaped ... LIGHT SPEED SURPASSED!

Darkfury1

Reaction score
Since the days of Einstein, many physicist wanted to disprove special and general relativity....

They always believed in these theories, but, they did not wanted to accept that there was a "cosmic speed limit" in our universe...

Decades have passed, alot of theories about "faster than light particles" where at brink....

I even made some theories with a nice fundamental mathematical background, faild at doing so....

There was a theory about tachyon(theorized fundamental particles in which they travel faster than light) But they never got confirmed

Now, recently where was a new experiment, one in which they started shooting neutrinos from one lab(OPERA) to another lab(CERN), the particles arrived faster than any photon could have.

Related articles:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/22/faster-than-light-particles-neutrinos
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/science/23speed.html
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-0923-speed-of-light-20110923,0,497738.story
http://science.slashdot.org/story/1...eriment-indicates-faster-than-light-neutrinos

This has many physicist, and people amazed and, somewhat terrified? Other than that, this has alot of barnstormers already working on new theories, this may be the rise of M theory...

We will just wait and see....

Last edited:
excuse me for my retardness but what goes GR and SR stand for?

That what i dislike about science, it lacks objective intention and meaning; we must go back to the pythagorean scheme of math+conclusions with actual significance on our ways of life and purpose behind them...

That what i dislike about science, it lacks objective intention and meaning; we must go back to the pythagorean scheme of math+conclusions with actual significance on our ways of life and purpose behind them...
Well, I'll be damned. I'll just go ahead and quote wikipedia since you obviously misunderstand the meaning of the word "science".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science said:
Science (from Latin: scientia meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

And how does this benefit our world?

Well, this can be more advance and accurate devices for measuring any kind of default decay in any system in our body, like, persay.. cancer, or and STDS, or any other "incurable" disease or virus, and it can also mean that we could get a faster internet service if company figure out a way on how to send information via neutrinos.

We can also have many, many things, like, nanotech could be facilitated in such extraordinary way, that, we could actually be using that technology not far of from our future.

Science is based on TRIAL and ERROR. This is why Isaac Newton created a scientific model in which we need to pass all of our "theories" through...

Don't be assuming such things without having a good base to stand on. In my most honest opinion, you do not know what you are actually talking about...
When you do learn about any of the subjects that we may throw here, then, just come around and we can have a nice mature conversation

Correct me if I am wrong on any of these things that i just said... Thx....

Every new discovery leads to something greater, this could help develop a new era of technology and such.

Correct about that one, It would be very interesting to see how fast our internet would get if the companies decided to utilize this theory to its full extent

Well all im just saying that science must be combined with understanding in order to achieve wisdom and therefore lead us to the answers we've been asking ourselves for millenia; what is our purpose on this planet. Thats the reason most scientists tend to turn into nihilists, oh god a neutrino travels 60 nano seconds faster than light! well that doesn't provide me any answers, if we could find the truth of existence probably war would cease; it won't by finding nuclear power or new super technology...

My opinion, don't flame lol.

but I hope they don't become greedy and fcking charge like 400$ a month for super fast speed lol

Well all im just saying that science must be combined with understanding in order to achieve wisdom and therefore lead us to the answers we've been asking ourselves for millenia; what is our purpose on this planet. Thats the reason most scientists tend to turn into nihilists, oh god a neutrino travels 60 nano seconds faster than light! well that doesn't provide me any answers, if we could find the truth of existence probably war would cease; it won't by finding nuclear power or new super technology...

My opinion, don't flame lol.

Flaite1, I disagree with many things that you just said there.

First, >Wisdom< and Science are antonymous terms... Why is that? because having a HIGHLYSTRONGUNDERSTANDING of something is nothing in science, specially in our new quantum science in which its governed by the uncertainty principles..

How can you really have an understanding of something without actually getting interconnected with it?

And yes I did use the word "interconnected" for the fact that everything in this universe, you would have to "connect(give as much time as possible)" to such system in order to have a nice, and stable base in which you could start a theory, and then prove it.

Science=understanding
religion=faith
religion!=understanding

Until this date... The ultimate goal of science is to understand how everything works >> specially physics<<
To tell you the truth, you are always talking about people getting "brainwashed" by the government without you realizing the truth your self.

You have a nice primitive idea from your religion/belief that science is just something null, well, in reality, science has gotten us everything we have right now..(that, i call brainwash, making a claim that such thing is not as it is because it is not within the reach of your belief)

It was not driven by religion, but, by scientist and engineers that wanted to facilitate our world and make everything better.

You said something about wars did you? Well, sir, wars are pure work of "religion" and If I am wrong about that, then just prove me wrong?(btw talking about the major wars like WWI and WWII)

So, dear "flaite1" First learn as much as you can about some process, or system before making such claims as you have presented us today.

but I hope they don't become greedy and fcking charge like 400$ a month for super fast speed lol

LOL, true that.. They do those things just because people don't know what kind of technology we have atm.. :S

Last edited:

First, >Wisdom< and Science are antonymous terms... Why is that? because having a HIGHLYSTRONGUNDERSTANDING of something is nothing in science, specially in our new quantum science in which its governed by the uncertainty principles..

How can you really have an understanding of something without actually getting interconnected with it?

And yes I did use the word "interconnected" for the fact that everything in this universe, you would have to "connect(give as much time as possible)" to such system in order to have a nice, and stable base in which you could start a theory, and then prove it.

Science=understanding
religion=faith
religion!=understanding

Until this date... The ultimate goal of science is to understand how everything works >> specially physics<<
To tell you the truth, you are always talking about people getting "brainwashed" by the government without you realizing the truth your self.

You have a nice primitive idea from your religion/belief that science is just something null, well, in reality, science has gotten us everything we have right now..(that i call brainwash, making a claim that such thing is not as it is because it is not within the reach of your belief)

It was not driven by religion, but, by scientist and engineers that wanted to facilitate our world and make everything better.

You said something about wars did you? Well, sir, wars are pure work of "religion" and If I am wrong about that, then just prove me wrong?(btw talking about the major wars like WWI and WWII)

So, dear "flaite1" First learn as much as you can about some process, or system before making such claims as you have presented us today.

Please quote me mentioning religion, i never did, nor do i condone blind feith with winds of positivity. Im not even saying science is bad, it's incomplete because it gives no power to the wellbeing of emotional creatures, im reading scientific texts; but not yet i have seen someone make an argument on how does it repercute into our ethical behaviours and actions, and it isn't going in that direction.

Please quote me mentioning religion, i never did, nor do i condone blind feith with winds of positivity. Im not even saying science is bad, it's incomplete because it gives no power to the wellbeing of emotional creatures, im reading scientific texts; but not yet i have seen someone make an argument on how does it repercute into our ethical behaviours and actions, and it isn't going in that direction.

Wisdom

Wikipedia said:
Wisdom is a deep understanding and realization of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act or inspire to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time, energy or thought.

flaite1 if science is incomplete like u just said why are u using the computer then? that was created by science
youre using the things science created and if u think science its incomplete then why do u use all this stuff?

Science=understanding
religion=faith
religion!=understanding

You have a nice primitive idea from your religion/belief that science is just something null, well, in reality, science has gotten us everything we have right now..(that, i call brainwash, making a claim that such thing is not as it is because it is not within the reach of your belief)

LOL, true that.. They do those things just because people don't know what kind of technology we have atm.. :S

Hold on.

Dude I agree with you, but you got a little personal right there, Golden Rule to not making mistakes is... Keep your head cool.

@flaite1
I have to say, you said something that really did not make any sense, and let me quote:
science must be combined with understanding in order to achieve wisdom and therefore lead us to the answers we've been asking ourselves for millenia

truely Science is about Understanding as Dark said, about "What is our purpose?", I can answer that(perhaps it is not the 100% correct answer) in a logical sense, we have the Basic purpose(just like any animal and creature) to reproduce, expand, Understand, Achieve, etc. What I mean by this in a simple form that the "Answer" for our Purpose is a Personal answer, not a global answer, purpose is what you make it to be, not one someone else makes you to be.

Our next generation is our most basic purpose, to have them climb the ladder of life.

@Everyone
Keep your mind broad. Like Qualia says, "Feed your mind, Responsibly!"

Was just trying to make some points clear, and state my "beliefs" towards what he believes.

Yes, it might have been "personal", But, I have strong belief towards science.

My points where just clarified so he would just understand, and not make such assumptions as he just did.

Now we will have a alien robber visit our planet with a spaceship filled with spacecash and wanting us to recreate the things, but we cannot, so we shank him and take the space cash, then space cops come and reveille the whole thing.

@Topic: We have way too many stoners here.

Back