• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Guide of the newcomer mapper

strial mage

Nightfall
Reaction score
Hi all!

this is a guide for newcomer, now you learn how to create a everything types of maps, included, Mountains,Bridges,Hunting Zones,etc.

First Lection: Newbie Zones
44505527.gif

This is a large hunting zone and have a lot of space, they are good for all vocations.

49780843.gif

They are the "General Details", rocks, stalagmites,herbs on the wall.

64519103.gif

Now you can add the small details, they are backwater,skeletons, more rocks and the spawn.

They are very easy to make, is a good lesson for the Real Style Mappers, and easy to change.

Second Lection: Mountains

19787813.gif

For the mountain need many space, this is a good example to make a regular mountain.

87393159.gif

Now Fill all with the mountain ground.

63160604.gif

Now mix the mountain ground with other type, this is for real style on the map.

48066847.gif

Now the Small details, they include Rocks, Sand and many stones.

17006678.gif

And finish the lesson with the respawn, NOT much for balance the Hunting Zone.

Third Lection: Bridge

puentew.png

They are the most easy to make, need a large zone and separate one end of the other.

puente1.png

Now crate the bridge and spawm herbs.

puente2.png

Now Fill the zones with rocks, stones and small details they include mushrooms, etc.

puente3.png

And finally fix the other end with a Mountain, herbs,rock and stone.

Wonderful tuturial thanks you've helped alot , and i loved your mapping too :D thanks for sharing it

rep+ :thumbup:

On picture 2:
Why are you using the most ugly cave wall decoration? >.<
Why not use both or the nicer one?

I have problem when i open my servers map it says failed to load houses and spawns plx help

BTW ill give u rep for helping

the 4 last pictures are from spookings movie in Youtube. Credits to him :D

Back