• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Half-Solved] "Warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found" and BOT protection won't disable

namco

Alienbutserious
Solutions
Reaction score
* Compiled with MVS 2017 (Windows 10 SDK/Project toolset v140)
* Release Win32
* Source and SDK downloaded today
* OTClient runs fine but the warnings are bottering me
* Also BOT protection cannot be disabled (even with the file config turned to OFF)

1>main.cpp
1> Creating library C:\otclient-master\vc14\../otclient.lib and object C:\otclient-master\vc14\../otclient.exp
1>Generating code
1>Finished generating code
1>libeay32.lib(cryptlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(cryptlib.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(mem.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(mem.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(mem_dbg.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(mem_dbg.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ex_data.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ex_data.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(cpt_err.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(cpt_err.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
... (a lot of similar messages) ...
1>libeay32.lib(tb_ecdh.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_ecdh.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(tb_rand.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_rand.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(tb_cipher.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_cipher.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(tb_digest.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_digest.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(tb_pkmeth.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_pkmeth.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(tb_asnmth.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(tb_asnmth.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ocsp_asn.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ocsp_asn.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ocsp_ht.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ocsp_ht.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ocsp_err.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ocsp_err.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ui_err.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ui_err.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ui_lib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ui_lib.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ui_openssl.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ui_openssl.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>libeay32.lib(ts_err.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'lib.pdb' was not found with 'libeay32.lib(ts_err.obj)' or at 'C:\otclient-master\lib.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>otclient.vcxproj -> C:\otclient-master\vc14\../otclient.exe
1>otclient.vcxproj -> C:\otclient-master\vc14\../otclient.pdb (Full PDB)
1>Done building project "otclient.vcxproj".
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Send me PM i can compile for you witthout Bugs

Code:
>Done building project "otclient.vcxproj".
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
It says it is compiled :d
You can ignore the warnings, they are not affect the client in any way.

@gugu15 @christx
Downloaded, re-downloaded, uninstalled and installed everything related with VS and SDKs a several times.
Still can't remove the warnings nor disable the bot protection.

@margoh
I'm having these warnings for a while and they were not bothering me til I thought the bot protection issue was related to it.

@adric21
I would love to have the clean most recent commit with bot protection disabled, but I just want to be able to compile it by myself.
_
@topic
now i have only vs2015 installed and im using 8.1 SDK
getting more issues besides the previous (still not visible interfering with the client functionality) :(
Code:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\imagehlp.h(1873): warning C4091: 'typedef ': ignored on left of '' when no variable is declared (compiling source file ..\src\framework\platform\win32crashhandler.cpp)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\imagehlp.h(3519): warning C4091: 'typedef ': ignored on left of '' when no variable is declared (compiling source file ..\src\framework\platform\win32crashhandler.cpp)
Code:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\dbghelp.h(1544): warning C4091: 'typedef ': ignored on left of '' when no variable is declared (compiling source file ..\src\framework\stdext\demangle.cpp)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\dbghelp.h(3190): warning C4091: 'typedef ': ignored on left of '' when no variable is declared (compiling source file ..\src\framework\stdext\demangle.cpp)
* EDIT: Those new warnings were solved by switching the SDK back to the latest Windows 10 SDK
* EDIT2: Keep getting an error that says it couldnt find "rc.exe" (i think its the compiler) with Windows 10 SDK, even after reinstalling it.

Last edited:
So I've disabled the bot protection by changing in game.cpp
Code:
bool Game::checkBotProtection()
{
#ifdef BOT_PROTECTION
    // accepts calls comming from a stacktrace containing only C++ functions,
    // if the stacktrace contains a lua function, then only accept if the engine is processing an input event
    //if(m_denyBotCall && g_lua.isInCppCallback() && !g_app.isOnInputEvent()) {
    //    g_logger.error(g_lua.traceback("caught a lua call to a bot protected game function, the call was cancelled"));
        return false;
    //}
#endif
    return true;
}
to:
Code:
bool Game::checkBotProtection()
{
#ifdef BOT_PROTECTION
    // accepts calls comming from a stacktrace containing only C++ functions,
    // if the stacktrace contains a lua function, then only accept if the engine is processing an input event
    //if(m_denyBotCall && g_lua.isInCppCallback() && !g_app.isOnInputEvent()) {
    //    g_logger.error(g_lua.traceback("caught a lua call to a bot protected game function, the call was cancelled"));
        return true;//false
    //}
#endif
    return true;
}
About the warnings i think i can live with them D:
thank yall for the help :)

Back