• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hardcore Tibia

RoyalzBHO

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

quick question to gather some information whether people would want to play this type of OTS. The idea itself is taken from ARPGs like Diablo or Path of Exile, and it's all about surviving, to be exact - NOT dying to anything, not even once. There would be two servers simultaneously running - a normal server where you can die and respawn as many times as you want, and another one where you die only once - Hardcore "HC". If you happen to die, your character and all items he/she was wearing, would be permanently gone (player will drop everything on death and his character will be marked as "Dead", thus not being able to login anymore). Our idea is to share the depot between all characters on the same account, so depot's out of equation btw, so no worries there.

Would you play it? Why? Why not? Thanks for all responds!

This mainly depends on what kind of server you are planning to use it for.

I've seen a few servers with this feature in the past and usually it didn't work out to great. One time it did though, and it's because the server was created in a way to where dying wasn't the worst deal because you had fun starting over aka it wasn't a chore or boring.

The same concept applies to Diablo/Path of Exile hardcore. If you end up dying there are so many builds you could aim for. Lot's of combinations and goals to achieve. Want a boss killer? A fast content clear? A build that can farm lab? Delver? There's a lot of variety which makes hardcore more enjoyable.

If you plan to make a hardcore system on a basic noob server then it will be absolute trash. I would never ever want to do hardcore on a server with vanilla content. If you are making a server with 100% custom items, monsters, spells, features, the potential to make all kinds of build styles for your character then it's more likely to be fun. If you die and have to start over and do the same exact thing you did then there is no point.

I personally enjoy the concept of a hardcore system as I play hardcore on Path of Exile, but as far as Tibia goes I doubt someone will be able to make a server that would enable a hardcore system to be fun and rewarding.

First idea there is nothing that cant be agreed simple mmo idea you die you spawn again, ofc i would play. About second idea i though about it too once i started creating ot but then i though no one is going to play on, one time life game once you die you are fucked, nobody would want too invest that much time/
nervous, there would be too much dipshits who would kill people just for fun. And my last factor, i wouldn't play in second idea server because its too hard whole game have trash graphics so like why would you want too play in this type of hc shit with trash graphics so its like fucking shitty tibia tetris version. Ofc i would play if you make this type of hc stuff with SAO anime graphics or black desert style graphics so overall there is no reason to play game that hard with shitty graphics and easily abusable. Thats my opinion.

This mainly depends on what kind of server you are planning to use it for.

I've seen a few servers with this feature in the past and usually it didn't work out to great. One time it did though, and it's because the server was created in a way to where dying wasn't the worst deal because you had fun starting over aka it wasn't a chore or boring.

The same concept applies to Diablo/Path of Exile hardcore. If you end up dying there are so many builds you could aim for. Lot's of combinations and goals to achieve. Want a boss killer? A fast content clear? A build that can farm lab? Delver? There's a lot of variety which makes hardcore more enjoyable.

If you plan to make a hardcore system on a basic noob server then it will be absolute trash. I would never ever want to do hardcore on a server with vanilla content. If you are making a server with 100% custom items, monsters, spells, features, the potential to make all kinds of build styles for your character then it's more likely to be fun. If you die and have to start over and do the same exact thing you did then there is no point.

I personally enjoy the concept of a hardcore system as I play hardcore on Path of Exile, but as far as Tibia goes I doubt someone will be able to make a server that would enable a hardcore system to be fun and rewarding.

I'm a PoE player myself, but unlike you, i'm a Softcore player. However, after playing both games for some time, i've noticed that tons of people like it and to be honest, HC version of Tibia would be a great thing if done properly, as you've mentioned. For this, we been preparing our own server for quite some time and we have come up with idea that everything in game will be custom. Our OT will be based on that commonly hated anime/manga title Dragon Ball, however, unlike other DB games like DBNS/DBV/DBL, our plan is to make each leveling a unique experience by creating a whole different crafting system and making every character heavily gear-dependent. (which is somewhat based off of poe's crafting system)
Levels and skills such as fist/sword/club fighting will be a small percentage of our hero's power, the rest will come from the equipment he or she is wearing. This change also includes gear rarity system, as well as custom item bases, monsters, spells and even character animations for every playable and monster beings.

nervous, there would be too much dipshits who would kill people just for fun. And my last factor, i wouldn't play in second idea server because its too hard whole game have trash graphics so like why would you want too play in this type of hc shit with trash graphics so its like fucking shitty tibia tetris version. Ofc i would play if you make this type of hc stuff with SAO anime graphics or black desert style graphics so overall there is no reason to play game that hard with shitty graphics and easily abusable. Thats my opinion.

I haven't given this a thought, but you might be right - low level hunting would be a huge problem, but that's not something unfixable - a simple change to level differences in pvp would probably remove player hunting. Moreover, increasing NPC prices for player killers and setting up a no-pvp zones in cities and other neutral places would decrease it even more.

I haven't given this a thought, but you might be right - low level hunting would be a huge problem, but that's not something unfixable - a simple change to level differences in pvp would probably remove player hunting. Moreover, increasing NPC prices for player killers and setting up a no-pvp zones in cities and other neutral places would decrease it even more.

PVP can be just as normal. Just add a few lines in onDeath script that check if its a player that killed you, if it is a player you dont really die in the same way as a monster. But this can also be abused if in a party with players and one is Close to Death, they kill their friend to save him. But maybe thats a good tactic. idk

also Pm me RoyalzBHO. Ive been thinking about something similar, and maybe we can Exchange ideas

PVP can be just as normal. Just add a few lines in onDeath script that check if its a player that killed you, if it is a player you dont really die in the same way as a monster. But this can also be abused if in a party with players and one is Close to Death, they kill their friend to save him. But maybe thats a good tactic. idk

also Pm me RoyalzBHO. Ive been thinking about something similar, and maybe we can Exchange ideas

Well, dying to a monster or a player would result in the same thing - perma deletion, that's the whole point behind HC games. You die permanently at all but one times - due to a bug or server lag, deaths caused by either of those things weren't "your" fault or skill, so it shouldn't count and remove your character. And with such mode, wars would be so much better due to being skill or teamwork dependent and that way, there would be a high chance of getting rich easily for a price of losing everything equally fast.

Last edited:
Well, dying to a monster or a player would result in the same thing - perma deletion, that's the whole point behind HC games. You die permanently at all but one times - due to a bug or server lag, deaths caused by either of those things weren't "your" fault or skill, so it shouldn't count and remove your character. And with such mode, wars would be so much better due to being skill or teamwork dependent and that way, there would be a high chance of getting rich easily for a price of losing everything equally fast.
People wouldn't war. There would be just one dominating team that would be killing the rest.

People wouldn't war. There would be just one dominating team that would be killing the rest.
Facts, people would be scared to fight, solo players wasn't be able to fight back, you might be forced to join a random teams, you cant talk shit that much because you will be demolished from enter game, there is like 1million change that you will die because of lag/glitch or just because randomly electricity went off, there is like to much ways that you can die because of random shit, game would be too slow, you would lose more players then gain so overall in couple weeks there would be only just couple people left. Its impossible to make perfectly balanced game like this, thats why no one is making something like this, you cant control it. Games are made to relax, basically you want to make another stressful virtual life, when you play game just too escape from reality but guess what you cant relax because you are playing tibia tetris if you die game is over. There is to much cons that pros

I'd like to play hard-core tibia. But not in the way you say it. I have my own version in mind ^^

Might aswell share what I got. I think it could be fun. Maybe I'm wrong ;D

............Death penalty.........
*Back to level 8
*loose 100% of money in bank.
*loose all equipped+depot.
*loose 100% skills(not fishing)
*items looted in dead players have 5h decay status.
*quest chests are reseted. Story quest are not.

*base exp is like 5x.

Brand new blessings designed to fit the server. They either help you this life or prevents drawbacks when you die. They are all removed when you die.

........Buy for in-game gold.......
Blessings.
*loose 10/20/30/40% less bank gold next death.
Or *gain 5/8/11/14% more gold from monsters.

*loose 10/15/20/40% less skills next death.
Or *advance 5/10/15/20% faster in skills.

*pick 1/2/3/4 items to enchant that can't be dropped upon death. Not backpack.
Or *increase effectiveness of 1/2/3/4 items by 10%.

. Expblessing:
1. - increase exp by 1%extra per expblessing. Max 5 levels.
Or
-lvl 1 bless: you loose 80% of your exp.
-lvl 2 bless: you loose 60% of your exp.
-lvl 3 bless: you loose 50% of your exp.
-lvl 4 bless: you loose 40% of your exp.
-lvl 5 bless: you loose 30% of your exp.

*If you die by monster with no bless you go back to lvl 8.

If death in PvP. You loose 15%exp.
With bless 10/8/6/4/2% exp.
Or. No idea yet.
Effects from world( not.pvp )
Bleeding:
..damage increase over time until death.
..may be cured by bandage or druid spell.
..Physical damage taken increased by 10%.
Fire:
..burns 80% of max hp, 5% ticks.
..Increase fire damage taken by 10% while burned.
..Fire damage taken reset fire debuff.
..May be cured by bottled water or sorcerer spell.
Poison:
..damage over time with slow effects.
..may be cured with antidote or druid spell.
Weapon durability:
..all weapons get broken after a while. Can be repaired from a item knights make.

......Special ability...... that players can sell to others.
Druids: can make e bandage for bleeding
Sorcs: can make enchanted bottled water for fire.
Paladins: can make antidote for poison.
Knights: can make a special item needed to repair items.

Back