• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hartica | 7.72 | Development Thread

T

tejdi

zbWSDAY.png

Welcome to Hartica | 7.72 | Development Thread
Discord

Mission

Hartica is a small project that aims to create a hard 7.72 real tibia map* server where nostalgia is mixed with a new adventure.
The main goal of Hartica is to create a small community of RPG enjoyers to have fun together in the world where your first dragon has been killed, but a new threat awaits around every corner.

FAQ​

Q: How many connections per IP are allowed?
A: Two, as long as you will be able to prove that there are two players active.

Q: Is botting allowed?
A: Using any third-party software is not allowed. (Botting, macroing, cheating, exploiting)

Q: Is there a discord for the server?
A: You can join Hartica's discord here. However, it is under development.

Q: What is the planned release date?
A: There is no planned release date. Join Hartica's discord to receive a friendly notification when it will be closer to start.

Q: Where can I ask a question regarding...?
A: You can use this thread!

Q: Are rods and wands obtainable?
A: Wands and rods are obtainable, but it is very difficult to get them. Merchants do not sell them, so the only acquisition way is to drop them from a monster.

Q: Why did you create a development thread?
A: I treat that as my personal notepad.

Revamped adventure

Everyone who has been playing Tibia back in 2006 remembers how hard it was for us to use a ladder for the first time, how satisfying it was to leave Rookgaard for the first time or how entertaining it was to find a chest with an unexpected reward.

That is why I have decided to revamp the core parts of the game and a map to deliver you new dopamine stimuli.

qkdjixgqh1s71.jpg

Level 1​

Your new adventure on Hartica will start in a well-known city of women - Carlin. You will not have to worry about Rookgaard anymore as all great mages around the Tibia decided it would be better to complete your training on the mainland. Because of that, you will have your vocation from level 1.

kN2Dn6D.png

Loot​

Due to huge problems with running out of coal stocks, smiths had to decrease the production of weapons and armours all around the globe. Because of that, it is more challenging for players to purchase items from merchants, and enemies drop items less often.

pmRJ23G.png

Additional experience source 1​

To be good at something you have to spend some time practising. It is no different with gaining experience in Hartica. However, to make it easier, you will be rewarded with experience from Adventurer's Parchment for your milestones. By killing more monsters of the same type, you will receive a bonus experience. There are three milestones prepared for brave adventurers:
  • 100 kills;
  • 1 000 kills;
  • 10 000 kills;
Every time you achieve any of these milestones, you will be rewarded with additional experience, equal to 10% of the monsters' experience you have already killed. For example, when you kill 1 000 trolls, you will be rewarded with two milestones. Firstly, you will receive the bonus experience for 100 kills, equal to 200 experience. Secondly, you will receive the bonus experience for 1000 kills, equal to 2000 experience. To sum up the numbers: By killing 1 000 trolls, you will get an additional 2200 experience!

sRJSAvo.jpg

New items to fill the gaps​

Being stuck with your equipment is not the ideal state we want to be in. That is why I have introduced many new weapons and armours to fill the gaps. That is a wonderful experience to find a quest for a new club or find a better shield in your enemy's corpse.

QiXMSxW.png

More to come, I will be happy to update you in this development thread.
Join the discord if the server interests you!

* 7.72 real tibia map - with all exp places redesigned and refreshed.

Update 1.010

Stamina​

There is no point in holding back the best adventurers. That is why on Hartica, only your "real-life" stamina limits your playing time.
However, I know that we have already grown up and not all of us can play long hours every day.
That is why we are going to introduce some daily systems to make the first hours of gameplay more beneficial.

👉 Join Hartica's Discord.

Looks cool except Idk about that parchment, you could use some better UI/formatting for that.
Let's go Hardicka! Hartica!

All good, but I find this trend with tasks and other rewards for 100/500/1000 kills worrisome.
Do players really enjoy masochistically beating same spawn for days?
Mechanics that incentivize grinding single type of monster are cancer.

Sure, it's a sandbox and one can just ignore the grind, but if you play competitively you'll find it hard to catch up with those who grind tasks, so in the end it forces you to play with the meta. With that being said, I have to admit that milestones are still better than being locked in a single task.

Looks cool except Idk about that parchment, you could use some better UI/formatting for that.
Let's go Hardicka! Hartica!
I want to keep the nostalgic, old-school feeling, where game systems are in Tibia's world itself, not in the layer above (client's UI). A great example of a system that's already in Tibia's world is the letters and parcels system, which could be easily added to the client's UI but is not. You might be right about formatting tho, I will add it to my backlog. However, there are things with higher priority for sure.

All good, but I find this trend with tasks and other rewards for 100/500/1000 kills worrisome.
Do players really enjoy masochistically beating same spawn for days?
Mechanics that incentivize grinding single type of monster are cancer.

Sure, it's a sandbox and one can just ignore the grind, but if you play competitively you'll find it hard to catch up with those who grind tasks, so in the end it forces you to play with the meta. With that being said, I have to admit that milestones are still better than being locked in a single task.
Do players really enjoy masochistically beating the same spawn for days? It depends. Some players enjoy it, some don't. The one thing is a fact: You are killing hundreds of monsters anyway, so these are additional experience points that are a pure bonus to the job you would do anyway, even without the system. Would a hardcore player benefit from the system more than a casual player? For sure, but I am not going to punish players which want to put more time and effort into the game.

I really appreciate your criticism, @overdriven . I believe that the daily systems which were announced in my previous post will help players who are not "masochistically beating the same spawn for days".

Update 1.024

Dungeons​

The first hours of your gameplay have to be more beneficial. That is why every adventurer in Hartica can enter a dungeon once per day. Dungeons will be hidden (but not really if you read the website) all over Tibia's world. By doing them, you will be able to collect better equipment for yourself, gain more experience and have an adventure with your friends! I am currently working on the dungeon system, but meanwhile, I also create the content - dungeons themselves.

1647780569032.png
Dungeon system (WIP)

The Ghostland's Dungeon, Recommended Level: 25

This thing about killing 100, 1000, 10k monsters for a task is walking on a fine line imo. The only games that makes it good is normal 3d MMORPGs. Not Tibia.

They keep the amount of monsters needed to be slain depending on the situation. I.e if you have to kill 10k monsters you would properly be flying above a big army, throwing bombs at them. Otherwise the quest would be to kill maybe 10-30 monsters.

In Tibia it starts low with easy monsters. i.e 100 rotworms or kill 300 tarantulas. But 100 rotworms or 300 tarantulas for a low level feels like a never-ending task and its soo boring. But this number greatly go up the more dangerous the monster they want you to kill(6666 demons, wtf?)

Try making it something like this:
Could be a group of monsters in the same area
-Kill 20 rotworms, 10 big rotworms, and loot 5x rotworm glands.
-Kill 15 Amazons, 15 Valkyries, 15 Bandits etc..

Could be a quest that seems easy but the monsters are not close to each other and exploration is needed.
-Kill 5 Fire Devils, 15 Ghouls, 5 Scarabs, 2 Stone Golems

This thing about killing 100, 1000, 10k monsters for a task is walking on a fine line imo. The only games that makes it good is normal 3d MMORPGs. Not Tibia.

They keep the amount of monsters needed to be slain depending on the situation. I.e if you have to kill 10k monsters you would properly be flying above a big army, throwing bombs at them. Otherwise the quest would be to kill maybe 10-30 monsters.

In Tibia it starts low with easy monsters. i.e 100 rotworms or kill 300 tarantulas. But 100 rotworms or 300 tarantulas for a low level feels like a never-ending task and its soo boring. But this number greatly go up the more dangerous the monster they want you to kill(6666 demons, wtf?)

Try making it something like this:
Could be a group of monsters in the same area
-Kill 20 rotworms, 10 big rotworms, and loot 5x rotworm glands.
-Kill 15 Amazons, 15 Valkyries, 15 Bandits etc..

Could be a quest that seems easy but the monsters are not close to each other and exploration is needed.
-Kill 5 Fire Devils, 15 Ghouls, 5 Scarabs, 2 Stone Golems

Thanks for your thoughts! To be honest, it's hard to disagree with you as all examples over the gaming world shows that you're right!
That's true that Tibia's quests often follows the following schema:
1647861647255.png

Which doubles (or probably more) the travelling times frustration rate and decreases overall user experience. The correctly designed quest should look like that:
1647861760686.png

Furthermore, I agree that the numbers have to be aligned with players' ability to kill the specific number of monsters in time that doesn't create frustration too much repeatability, decreasing players' user experience even further.

However, I think we are looking from two different perspectives at the milestone system. Let me explain.
The milestones system is not a task system itself (which could be implemented in parallel)! It's a system that rewards you for time spent on the activities that you are doing regardless of this system, such as:
  • Travelling from city to city (and killing monsters on the way);
  • Doing quests (and killing monsters on the way);
  • Gaining experience (by killing monsters in your hunt spot);
  • Doing dungeons (and killing monsters there!);

I would say it's the cherry on top of your hunt that is added as a bonus, and it's not your goal to push the number on a specific monster. It's more like, "Oh, I am missing 5 dwarf soldiers, to my milestone, so I will kill them on the way to dwarfs guards", or "Oh, I have received 3000 experience for killing these dwarfs guards, maybe it's time for something different - dragons maybe?"

Moreover, remember that you do not have to choose which monsters should be a point of interest in this system as your adventurer's parchment counts ALL monsters you kill.

By writing this, I started to think about adding a milestone or two in-between 1k and 10k just to make it more realistic to hit the specific points and receive some juicy awards. Thanks, @Nemphis !

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 1.032

Goods from the King​

The server is ready to reward its players with packages sent directly by the king!
(We added a system that allows us to send a parcel to online players or all players registered).
(big kudos for @Ezzz, who made it possible!)

5Ys5wnv.jpg

Autosaves​

We have upgraded how autosave works to ensure that you will not lose a whole day even if bad things happen on the server's side!

Update 1.040 (no bugs this time!)

Explorer rewards​

During exploring various places in the Hartica world, you will find places that look similar to what you have already seen years before, but these stones are weird. Have they been there for years, or...

VLaRPzB.jpg

Update 1.042

Balance, respawns, and monsters update​

Balance changes​

1648086256980.png
All vocations spells:
  • [CHANGE] Light healing (Level needed 9 -> 1);
  • [CHANGE] Light (Level needed 8 -> 1);
  • [CHANGE] Magic Rope (Level needed 8 -> 1);

1648086276221.gif
Paladin, mana decreased for the following spells:
  • [BUFF] Conjure Arrow;
  • [BUFF] Conjure Poison Arrow;
  • [BUFF] Conjure Explosive Arrow;
  • [BUFF] Conjure Bolt;
  • [BUFF] Conjure Power Bolt;

1648086276221.gif
Paladin, early game:
  • [NERF] Spears attack power decreased ( 25 -> 20);
  • [NERF] Spears range decreased ( 7 -> 6);
  • [BUFF] Spears weight decreased ( 20.00oz -> 4.00oz )

1648086491094.png / 1648086527953.png
Sorcerer & druid, early game:
  • [CHANGE] Light Magic Missile (Level needed 15 -> 6);
  • [CHANGE] Poison Field (Level needed 14 -> 5);

Respawns​

Carlin area updated:
  • Ghostland;
  • Trolls on the north-west;
  • Amazon's tower on north;
  • Trolls on the east;
  • Amazon camp between Carlin and Ab'dendriel;

Ab'dendriel area updated:
  • Trolls under the city;
  • Femor Hills (Goblins, cyclops and rotworms);
  • Amazon camp on the west from Femor Hills;
  • Elvenbane Castle;

Monsters​

• [NERF] All monsters loot has been adjusted (equipment parts loot chance significantly decreased);
  • [CHANGE] Some monsters drop additional new items now;

Update 1.047

bug.gif

The second dungeon has been added!

Ab'dendriel Dungeon
Recommended Level: 8
Time to finish: 15 minutes
Required Items: a rope or a magic rope spell;

Difficulty

The dungeon is challenging for a player below level 8. However, it is possible to accomplish it solo when well prepared and on the recommended level. It can also be done on a lower level when you know what you are doing.

Enemies

Wolfs, Bugs, Trolls, Goblins, and Minotaurs.

Bosses

The dungeon has only one boss:
Tibia Bug - It has 600 health, and its target tactic is the following: 50% nearest, 50% most damage.
Watch out at area healing and summons.

Early test server​

Alpha 1.050 test server

We are going to have a test server where we are going to test certain things.

Things to test with alpha 1.050 test server:
  • levelling from lvl 1 - 10;
  • first dungeon [recommended lvl 6];
  • second dungeon [recommended lvl 25];

Things excluded from the testing:
  • Thais area;
  • Venore area;
  • Ships;
  • Port Hope, Edron, Ankrahmun, Darashia;
  • Levelling from lvl 10 to lvl 25;
  • Proxy;

👉 Join our discord to participate

Update 1.050 Alpha test server
The server and client are ready for early game testing!

You can download the client from Downloads - Hartica (https://hartica.net/downloads) and create an account on Latest News - Hartica (https://hartica.net/) to join us in the alpha test server!

Test server opens:
Today, 6 PM (18:00) GMT+2
(Check the timezone's time here: Aktualny czas w Warszawa, Polska - Time.is (https://time.is/pl/Warsaw))

Photos from the test server are highly welcomed on the #🔨test-server channel on our discord.
Only testers can write there. If you have created an account and you will join us in the test server, hit me up on #💭open-chat (discord) or private message for a @Tester group on discord.

The main goal of the test is to check out the early game from lvl 1 up to lvl 25, and dungeons.

Sum up of fixes and updates (1.050 - 1.055):
The server is live, you can log in and test with us!
Latest News - Hartica (https://hartica.net)
Our Discord: Join the Hartica | 7.72 Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/24Sk7E9tQ9)

Fixes​

• Fire sword and enchanted staff are fixed, and spells to conjure them are back;
  • The lower level is needed to create IH;
  • The lower level is needed to create Antidote Rune;
  • The lower level is needed to use Exana Pox;
  • Spears weight more (12oz.) but lesser than on RL Tibia;
  • Dungeons exit has been fixed and removes you from the dungeon correctly;
  • Rewards from dungeons are rolled per player, not per team;
  • LMM damage has been increased;
  • HMM damage has been increased;
  • More food sources around the Carlin have been added;
  • All spells can be used faster (lower level requirements);
  • Stairs on amazon's camp on the north from Carlin are fixed;
  • Ghostland's dungeon has better rewards now;
  • All spells have new formulas, like on tibia protocols 7.4 - 7.72 (with min values);
  • Many rope spots fixed;
  • Dungeons AOE healing fixed;
  • Dungeons' bosses can not spawn twice now;

Early Game​

• 5 spears have been added to the first items;
  • 5 LMM have been added to the first items;

Features​

- You can get a free backpack of runes DAILY from Carlin Queen - ask her for runes;
(they are bound to the player, you can not trade with them, or move between your characters)

1649193688433.png

- Power ring provides light for 30 minutes;

1649193814946.png

- Coins Auto stack when moving into bag/backpack;

Content​

Test server​

• If you don't have a key for a dungeon, ask the queen for a key, she will give you as many as you want without a cooldown;
  • Small stones don't break;

Bonus content​

2 players (lvl 27 knight and 29 paladin) versus Delirium:

Are you intentionally keeping monster names lowercase? 😶‍🌫️
- You can get a free backpack of runes DAILY from Carlin Queen - ask her for runes;
(they are bound to the player, you can not trade with them, or move between your characters)

View attachment 66782
Make sure to make it graphically visible for players that the rune is bound to someone else, so they won't end up buying or trying to use runes bound to other players, this could be deadly for someone trying to heal himself with someone else UH.

Last edited:
I think this free bp of runes bs is so trash. you are literally saying "nobody is gonna play my server so im gonna make it enjoyable for the few that do"
just that thing alone can discourage people from joining to be honest.
but just my opinion.

I think this free bp of runes bs is so trash. you are literally saying "nobody is gonna play my server so im gonna make it enjoyable for the few that do"
just that thing alone can discourage people from joining to be honest.
but just my opinion.

The first sentence of the first post says the following:
"The main goal of Hartica is to create a small community of RPG enjoyers to have fun together [...]";

I hope it dispels your doubts. We don't have 12 years old players anymore that can play all day long, and most of the players are adults and have jobs. Not all of them are willing to spend their 1-2 hours of gameplay on trading for runes, even if there are 1k+ players.

thats new, happy to see someone on this forum is not just out to make some quick bucks.
good luck with the project, we need more of people like you!

Are you intentionally keeping monster names lowercase? 😶‍🌫️

Make sure to make it graphically visible for players that the rune is bound to someone else, so they won't end up buying or trying to use runes bound to other players, this could be deadly for someone trying to heal himself with someone else UH.
I like lowercase monster names and uppercase for players.

Q: How many connections per IP are allowed?
A: Two, as long as you will be able to prove that there are two players active.
You know there are countries where whole cities use the same IP.

Back