• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Having problem compiling source

Lopaskurwa

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi
so probably you guys know me as hard core thread creator so i came from attack speed problem so they told me to update source but i stuck with this error (visual studio)
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc140-mt-1_62.lib'
as much as i know i need some kind of libs but i have zero, zero clue what kind of libs. I'm using downgraded ninja tfs 1.2 vc14 files [8.60] The Forgotten Server 1.2 but as new source i use this one ninjalulz/forgottenserver
So where can i get those libs?

Solution
Hello,

I'm tired of getting bump alerts all day long on these kinds of threads so I sat down and made a video specially for you @Lopaskurwa. If you can't get it done after that I'll help you out here but I'm most probably going to unwatch this thread, not because I don't feel like helping you anymore but by seeing your "will" to get something done getting smashed so fast after a few failed attempts, which is a pity when you want to create something.

Here is the video, I hope you can understand me and learn something out of that.

Here's also a list of commands you'll need to use and their description (what they're for):

CTRL+ALT+T = Open a Terminal
ls -l = List files inside a Directory
cd = Change Directory...
otland/forgottenserver

make sure you read this (you need to install boost c++ libraries, 64bit most likely if your system uses 64bit)
HzKZD8s.png

So i got another error.

1>connection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ)
1>otpch.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::generic_category(void)" (?generic_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ)
1>C:\Users\Animal\Desktop\Dragon Ball Nuo Nulio\Server\vc14\Release\theforgottenserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Ideas?

Hello,

what about running tfs in a better operational system? Install linux on a Virtual Machine and you don't need to worry about compiling it anymore.

Best Wishes,
Okke

Hello,

what about running tfs in a better operational system? Install linux on a Virtual Machine and you don't need to worry about compiling it anymore.

Best Wishes,
Okke
Hi
i never used linux or virtual machine so i have no idea how it works. And anyway i already did so much thinks to my server, so i suppose if i pick linux i will lose my previous work.

Sorry to hear about that, it's always good to learn new stuff, tfs isn't supposed to run on windows for productive purposes, windows performs just really bad.

You won't lose anything if you run it on linux, it's way easier.

Sorry to hear about that, it's always good to learn new stuff, tfs isn't supposed to run on windows for productive purposes, windows performs just really bad.

You won't lose anything if you run it on linux, it's way easier.
But i'm not launching server right because its still on work so i dont have bad performance from server. But yea if i gonna finish my server someday i might change it to linux. And anyway if i gonna change it to linux i still need to compile my source because i have problem with attack speed in my server. So from old source i'm trying to compile to new source. But as you can see i get errors from visual

Any ideas how to fix this error guys?
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::generic_category(void)" (?generic_category@system@boost@@YAABVerror_category@12@XZ) theforgottenserver C:\Users\Animal\Desktop\Dragon Ball Nuo Nulio\Server\vc14\otpch.obj 1

Ok i'll try. So whats the different between windwos and linux? Why everyone is still using windows if linux is way better?
no one uses windows at least for running, hosts servers or compile mate
it's easier at linux all you have to do is copy paste codes and voila

Last edited:
no one uses windows at least for running, hosts servers or compile mate
it's easier at linux all you have to do is copy paste codes and voila
So okay if you are saying its way easer to use linux. So how can i install linux? Because where Okke gave its only how to compile i guess. And anyway that tutorial is rly complicated.

So okay if you are saying its way easer to use linux. So how can i install linux? Because where Okke gave its only how to compile i guess. And anyway that tutorial is rly complicated.
put at google or youtube ''how to install linux on virtual machine'' personalky i prefer ubuntu 16.04 but maybe you could prefer another distro or just uninstall win from your pc and install linx directly on your pc nowdays linux can execute exe as windows etc etc is really easy to use very similar to win inded

put at google or youtube ''how to install linux on virtual machine'' personalky i prefer ubuntu 16.04 but maybe you could prefer another distro or just uninstall win from your pc and install linx directly on your pc nowdays linux can execute exe as windows etc etc is really easy to use very similar to win inded
Okay i'm following this tutorial.
But i get this problem console says: This kernel requires x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.
So still i dont know what am i doing and you are saying its way easer then windows ;D

Okay i'm following this tutorial.
But i get this problem console says: This kernel requires x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.
So still i dont know what am i going and you are saying its way easer then windows ;D
just google the trouble.... or check youtube i had the same issue im at a tablet now so i cant give you more help but just google everything is on net

just google the trouble.... or check youtube i had the same issue im at a tablet now so i cant give you more help but just google everything is on net
Fucking hell i have to enable Intel-VT in bios but my pc is so lagging so when i restarted it i cant even open bios you can flood "DEL" as much as you want bios is not opening :D rofl

Back