• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hello is otland dying?

Thats a good question, after the new forum for some reason i dont feel like visiting much anymore,i don't know what it is but it doesnt feel like Otland anymore (for me).

For others i dont think much has changed, still 400-600 players online.

It's not dead, mostly the fact is everything has already been posted or asked for. When the demand for new information comes, I'm sure you'll see an activity spike but right now everyone is basically just here to give support when it's needed. The Open-Tibia world is still thriving as you can see "There are 12210 players online on 594 servers" at 6am EST. Over 10,000 is a large community to me, and it goes 20k+ on good days which is always beating real tibia's statistics.

So is OTLand dead? Nah, just working silently. A lot of people are working on upgrading to the current client with all features like shadowcores or tied up in custom projects so people just go silent while they work. Like me for example, I am working on an open tibia portal and I haven't been posting as much as I want to, this doesn't mean I am not here day in day out checking over my threads and giving help when needed; I'm always here.

What I would love to see is everyone start working on OTLand community project(s), where everyone can contribute and learn along side other scripters, developers, mappers, etc. Even have a RaidCall channel to communicate with voice/chat to get things done quicker when teaming up.

Regards,
From a long time OTLander.

I believe it's dying and your time isn't worth wasting.
Sections seem to be less active (the ones I used to go to which I don't anymore)
Screenshots, Large Art, Small Art, Discussion all seem to be fading or faded already.

yea its dying no questions about it!. Only thing that is active is twifysoft section....

Thats a good question, after the new forum for some reason i dont feel like visiting much anymore,i don't know what it is but it doesnt feel like Otland anymore (for me).

For others i dont think much has changed, still 400-600 players online.

Exact reason why I rarely come on. I miss the old forum and I think it was the best for this kind of a forum.

I hope they return the old forum sometime...

I don't mind the new forum THAT much.
There are still missing features from the previous forum though. It's like the previous one was specifically built for otland over years of constant work, and now were back from square 1.

I am still working on my Customized Version of TFS (Which I have nicknamed The Imagined Server) which will add tons of functionality to TFS. Hopefully breeding a whole new era of Custom OT Servers with new exciting features.

I think the visual changed bothered many people and it took me quite some time myself to get used to it. That being said, there are many people who mostly dwell but are too lazy to post anything. I sometimes have days like those myself, I'll literally go over every board and just look at stuff but not post. And what Extrodus said, many people are occupied with their projects and other OT related things, but that doesn't mean they aren't with us here.

Some things that are currently in development, such as OTClient, custom engines, etc. have a huge potential to bring a revolution to the OT world as we know it, so I wouldn't exactly say things are dead, just silent.
This is the calm before the storm, trust me.

Well as the first poster said, im not online as much, I don't like the new layouts, they are OK but still.. And the "community" is gone, NEVER do you see any "good" servers getting released, where you spend hours looking in rme for cool parts. But weirdly enuf the community seems to have grown, maybe due to otfans is down. Would be sad to see OTLand die, But still a shitload of good memories. And I dont think its OTLands fault, its tibias fault, And abit shadowcores fault... Sorry to say it but since they have like 2.1k players online no one plays the other servers, making it die out. Not saying shadowcores is a bad server, not even close, Prefer shadowcores over rl with all the noobs on rl..
But still. alot has changed since they opened shadowcores.
WibbenZ

Tibia is dying imo.

Otland is not dying but changed a lot so you will mostly fidn people with different interests.

Hey Bro!
Yeah, unfortunately Otland seems to be dying... :/
I find myself checking the forums fewer and fewer.
I don't know why but it could be due to the new layout, though i wouldn't find why that would be a reason since i don't feel like its bothering me..
I think its more:
People have changed, life has changed... Make the best you can out of it, no matter what you intend to do :)

Yeah I stoped playing tibia a long time ago, tibia was on fun in the old versions where it was actually skill. I might play some servers here and there because a friend wants me to but honestly all tibia is now it just put on bot and do whatever you want. I consider tibia dead because everyone is brain dead zombies botting, but Otland isn't really dead considering there are still lots of active people.

tibia and open tibia is dying for me and it means otland will die too

The old generation of open tibia is not longer young (bad news), there are other things in the mind in this days, for me Tibia will die in a short time and Otland well i dont know, here exist alot people what have potential to do something with the remains of tibia.

I think its dying, not that fast but it is dying.

But theres one thing i hate about this forum now.. The new layout, i miss the old one, im to retared to understand the new one.

Only way to get the OT community back would be if there was good teams who made servers, eg. Swev that was hosted by Mazen for x amount of years, a great server.
If you ask me servers today are to "easy" its the same thing over and over. Same evo temple same thais temple. Nothing changes except the ip.

But if we the members that are online on otland these days would make like 5 new teams, and starts something old, custom, new I think the OT community will grow.
But its hard to compete with shadowcores, lol, wow, etc etc...

It's been dying ever since it pretty much became the actual forum for Shadowcores. Gained activity in the twiftysoft board, but everyone else left, mappers, artists, and designers etc.

Back