• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help a new guy get started.

malaplawa007

Reaction score
Hello there ,

Thanks for stopping by and reading this im not sure where to post this so yeah i apologize if i messed up anyway :

Iv'e recently been diagnosed with ALS rare illness that is pretty much is killing me and i cannot walk anymore so i need something to do since the only game i can still play is tibia i would love to do that.

I need help making a 8.6 server and I would appreciate any help i can get i watched many tutorials and sadly nothing helped its either broken links or outdated so if anyone could help me out im even willing to pay around $20 if you're interested pm me or reply here.

Thank You and have a nice day.

I tried and I ran into couple of problems
1: its not 8.6
2: when i got to account manager part i always get error that name is already taken no matter what name i type
3: the website part i got working partially couldn't login or click anything

so yeah ty anyway

I tried and I ran into couple of problems
1: its not 8.6
2: when i got to account manager part i always get error that name is already taken no matter what name i type
3: the website part i got working partially couldn't login or click anything

so yeah ty anyway
I don't know a ready to play 8.6, sry.

Windows or Linux?

Anyways, I assume Windows, so you can use this
[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.4

But first you must install XAMPP (just google). Also unzip the TFS somewhere.
Then you gotta open XAMPP and run Apache and MySQL

In your browser, open 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/index.php (127.0.0.1 = localhost, you can use both)
Create a new database, name it tfs, go to it, go to the Import tab and upload the file mysql.sql from the TFS 0.4 (should be in the folder schemas)

Now you can try and run the server, if it does, open Tibia, change the IP to 127.0.0.1 and try to log in with 1/1. Go and make an account with the Account Manager!
If not, open the TFS' config.lua and go to the MySQL part. You should set the database name to the same that you did when you were creating it, also check if the IP is 127.0.0.1 or localhost in the Connection part.
Also take a good look at config.lua, it's an important file that configures the entire server.

Now when you finally have an account, go to 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/index.php again, in your database go to your account (in the table "accounts", obviously) and set "group_id" to 5. Do the same to your player in the table "players". Now you are a god.

Now you probably want to edit the map or make your own. You want to use this
Release v3.3 · hjnilsson/rme · GitHub

You should have a very basic but semi-working 8.6 server running. You can do anything the fuck you want to it. Get a good text editor (Sublime or so but Notepad++ will do) to edit scripts. Get Visual Studio to edit and compile the server source. Get ObjectBuilder and ItemEditor to edit sprites and items. Get OTClient for custom madness. Or just download some shit datapack and try to run it.

I'll help you out sir, even if im quited tibia and everything with Open-Tibia servers. If you have discord you can add me LuckyM#8741

I'll not take payment for this. I'm just doing it for help you out mate!

Windows or Linux?

Anyways, I assume Windows, so you can use this
[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.4

But first you must install XAMPP (just google). Also unzip the TFS somewhere.
Then you gotta open XAMPP and run Apache and MySQL

In your browser, open 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/index.php (127.0.0.1 = localhost, you can use both)
Create a new database, name it tfs, go to it, go to the Import tab and upload the file mysql.sql from the TFS 0.4 (should be in the folder schemas)

Now you can try and run the server, if it does, open Tibia, change the IP to 127.0.0.1 and try to log in with 1/1. Go and make an account with the Account Manager!
If not, open the TFS' config.lua and go to the MySQL part. You should set the database name to the same that you did when you were creating it, also check if the IP is 127.0.0.1 or localhost in the Connection part.
Also take a good look at config.lua, it's an important file that configures the entire server.

Now when you finally have an account, go to 127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/index.php again, in your database go to your account (in the table "accounts", obviously) and set "group_id" to 5. Do the same to your player in the table "players". Now you are a god.

Now you probably want to edit the map or make your own. You want to use this
Release v3.3 · hjnilsson/rme · GitHub

You should have a very basic but semi-working 8.6 server running. You can do anything the fuck you want to it. Get a good text editor (Sublime or so but Notepad++ will do) to edit scripts. Get Visual Studio to edit and compile the server source. Get ObjectBuilder and ItemEditor to edit sprites and items. Get OTClient for custom madness. Or just download some shit datapack and try to run it.

Will check it out ty although it is kinda overwhelming for a ''noob'

I'll help you out sir, even if im quited tibia and everything with Open-Tibia servers. If you have discord you can add me LuckyM#8741

I'll not take payment for this. I'm just doing it for help you out mate!

I appreciate that , added you .

Will check it out ty although it is kinda overwhelming for a ''noob'
Just do it man, and google stuff you don't understand as you go. What's gonna happen when you do something wrong? Fucken nothing man, at worst you'll learn something new. You can read so many posts and articles but you'll learn fastest when you just go head in. MMO development is too big of a topic and OpenTibia itself is pretty exotic software I'd say.

Last edited:
It took me one hour to help this guy out with
  • Installing MyACC
  • Added new mySQL schema
  • Added guild war system
  • Downloaded a nice server for him 8.6 & fixed everything.
Hope you enjoy the server with your friends. Take care!

you wont find a 86 server or any version server to go and run you'll always found bugs eyc eyc

took me one hour to help this guy out with
  • Installing MyACC
  • Added new mySQL schema
  • Added guild war system
  • Downloaded a nice server for him 8.6 & fixed everything.
Hope you enjoy the server with your friends. Take care!
You Sir are awesome tyvm and have a nice day.

Here is a temporary link to my discord. I'm usually around if you need a quick answer or two.
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
I'd be happy to help with anything I can.

I appreciate that thank you.

LuckyM helped get everything up and running now i want to learn how to make a map i have RME (Remere's Map Editor) but i don't have some basic stuff as walls , floors and many others like protection zone ... im not sure what and if im doing something wrong or...

Last edited:
Back