• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help and give tips how I should make this shape

Zakatan

Starter mapper
Reaction score
I downloaded one shape from Neon and a smaller from RunarM, the Island to the northeast is made by RunarM. I have marked the picture where I planed to make the main city but comment and say if u would put the main city somewhere else, also comment where you think I should make rivers, mountain, jungle, desert etc...

14v677k.jpg

This is the first time I make a thread and I got help from hiperkarma to post a picture :D

Last edited:
my bad, I made noparse on the example lol
but as I said, use direct link, you can find it at the left bottom of the screen at tinypic when uploading is complete

[noparse]
14v677k.jpg
[/noparse]
14v677k.jpg

[noparse]
14v677k.jpg
[/noparse]

Prolly cause It's hard for us to judge it.
Makin rivers isn't really rocketscience.
Just place them and check if it's good. Then IF you need to remake them when u make areas, then do so.

And if we're helping u, it'd meen that We'd have to DL that image and PAINT on it, and I assume there's none who can be arsed with that ^_^

So the tip should be as stated above.

Just place some random Rivers, mountains, jungle, desert etc..
IF you're having problem with Jungle, desert. Please consider using the WORLD, earth's zones. Tropic in middle~ by the equator.

Anyhow, earth if printed with Icelands BOTH absolute-top and absolute-down, no need for you to do that cuz It wont affect anything of gameplay.None knows if Tibian earth is even round or flat ;]

Earth_satellite_plane.jpg

Tho when checking that image I noticed that it looks like loads of desert in the middle, which prolly isn't JUST. well.. Sorta. Anyhow.. I hope this helped.

EDIT: Btw. under the massive Deserts.. is the EQUATOR situated, somewhat darker green colored. Which is rainforests etc.

The geography of Earth is kinda good as Guidelines when it comes to Mapping.

Last edited:
I've got bored of Mains beside seas. so if you want a new ot style make it inside the ground or on ground but not beside sea and about the harbor and ships you can make magic carpet. sorry no picture!

Thank you Amrosh, I like the idéa about making the city in a mountain, I think I will make it that way, making sea around all land now and after that I will put the mountain, the some rivers and random mountains as Demon~ said :D
Thank you both, I just feel to work now when I have got so good idéas and insperation :D
Maybe I can use this thread to post SS and so on in future.

But it's still good to get tips from more players that got a idéa about something :p

The earth is not flat lol, its round.....if u still think its flat ur just dumb:p look on space pictures :)

@ rax0n; Ok, thanks :D

@ Athinutella; Ok, I will make rivers and mountains and post it and the we see if it looks better :D

More comments

Prolly cause It's hard for us to judge it.
Makin rivers isn't really rocketscience.
Just place them and check if it's good. Then IF you need to remake them when u make areas, then do so.

And if we're helping u, it'd meen that We'd have to DL that image and PAINT on it, and I assume there's none who can be arsed with that ^_^

So the tip should be as stated above.

Just place some random Rivers, mountains, jungle, desert etc..
IF you're having problem with Jungle, desert. Please consider using the WORLD, earth's zones. Tropic in middle~ by the equator.

Anyhow, earth if printed with Icelands BOTH absolute-top and absolute-down, no need for you to do that cuz It wont affect anything of gameplay.None knows if Tibian earth is even round or flat ;]

Earth_satellite_plane.jpg

Tho when checking that image I noticed that it looks like loads of desert in the middle, which prolly isn't JUST. well.. Sorta. Anyhow.. I hope this helped.

EDIT: Btw. under the massive Deserts.. is the EQUATOR situated, somewhat darker green colored. Which is rainforests etc.

The geography of Earth is kinda good as Guidelines when it comes to Mapping.
i think if someone worked on making the world map in an ot it would be rox

i think if someone worked on making the world map in an ot it would be rox

Just cuz you nemption the idéa I feel to do it :p

But I suck on making shapes and so on...:(

But I would love to to it :D

If someone could help me with a shape I will make a try :D

Nice idéa and very kind of you to even edit the picture to give me tips :D
With all this comment I'm not sure if I will continue on this shape or work on a real world shape if someone can make the shape :p

If someone could make a nice shape I would do the real world mapp :D

yeah and people from america starts at america country and from egypt starts at egypt etc that would be so much fun

:blink: Thats a good idéa :D
BUT! I need to make the map first ;)

I can't wait to map mount everest or something like that :D
Where can I find swamp in the world? <_<
And also it will be tricky to shoose what cities/villages I should make in the mapp, maybe just random...

Back